20th Match, Group F: Australia v Sri Lanka at Bridgetown

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oohh look out - someone's come out all guns blazing this morning...:p

Again I'll stick up for Clarke. He's putting himself in spots where he doesn't HAVE to score fast. Today you don't want him coming in slogging when it's 2/20 and he'd only faced 2 balls when he saw Warner and D.Hussey fall quickly from the other end making it 4/30 - and you want him to hit out?? Also consider the Lankans have a good bowling team and we've collapsed in a heap before - only 2 games ago. I don't think he's a great T20 player by any means, but he's doing the job he's most suited to - the steadier, and I'm not gonna bag him for innings like today. I hope he can score a little faster, but he's certainly not killing this team.

Have to disagree my friend. Today was just another struggling T20 inningS from Clarke - their is no way you can defend him as a T20 player.

After this world cup, if the selectors have the balls the drop him. Marsh should come right back into the team & open with Warner & Watson will have to drop down to number 3.

Orrr just MAYBE. The selectors can swallow their pride & recall Symonds to the T20 set-up & tell him he will just be a T20 specilaist in the side. Imagine a T20 middle-order with both Symonds & White...JESUSS!!

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I liked the field setting the Slers had during Mendis, 18th over.

Robelinda

International Coach
Clarke just plays the same dodgy innngs regardless of the team's stuation, he just doesnt have the game to be a force in 20 20 crcket, he hasnt done anythng n years, imagine Symonds at 4 ndeed, with Whte, Dussey too, crazy explosive.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
So does this win means the Aus are into the semi finals?
More or less. Statistically, it's possible for them to not qualify if they lose to the Windies and Sri Lanka beat India. Then all three teams will have 2 wins and it'll come down to NRR.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By beating Lanka that badly, Aussies have again proved that they are best team. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the WC.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
By beating Lanka that badly, Aussies have again proved that they are best team. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the WC.

Australia have to cross the semis first. I think with Pakistan facing them in the semis, Australia have to be very careful. St Lucia is a subcontinent type wicket and they need to be careful and make sure they dont get too confident.

Users who are viewing this thread