20th Match, Group F: Australia v Sri Lanka at Bridgetown

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I have a question. Isn't the actual video real time too?
Yeah, I think a real-time replay is an oxymoron. If they wanted to sound cool, they could call it a 1x replay and really accentuate the importance of the 'x', because, well you know, x's are cool.

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia have only played the sub-continent, strange quirk of scheduling.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
On ya Smith! Out of the front of the hand, went straight on and clean bowls Kapugedera.

aussie1st added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Holly crap Nannes throws down the stumps from there. Hes not one known for his fielding and him fumbling just before shows that point but nice recovery.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This opens a small door of opportunity for India, I guess. But still, we need to beat SL big and hope Australia beat WI well (which is very much possible). The margin of defeat here for SL is turning out to be quite big.

One wicket away from a crushing win for Australia! 84 runs to win??? Come on Aussies, finish this off and win by 80+ runs.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Australia not worrying about helping SL out there, Johnson back to his best again with 3-15. Smith went well too and Nannes his usual consistent self. Tait the odd one out so maybe his day next match.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Whoa an 81 run loss. The way India have played so far they don't deserve to go to the semis but if they can beat SL and Aussies look favourites against WI I'll take it. Aussies look invincible atm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Whoa an 81 run loss. The way India have played so far they don't deserve to go to the semis but if they can beat SL and Aussies look favourites against WI I'll take it. Aussies look invincible atm

SL have also played a dreadful game here. Lets all get back to our optimistic mode.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
SL have also played a dreadful game here. Lets all get back to our optimistic mode.

It's still an outside chance at best. Considering the pitch for the last game is not this bouncy one if India can bat first and somehow post 190+ and win by like 40-50 runs then we are talking...

Robelinda

International Coach
Great effort by our boys. Clarke FAIL again though, come on mate, hit out or get out, those 20 balls you wasted couldve been 5 sixes to White.

So, who was the idiot who was saying a few weeks back that Nanness would fail to trouble top order batsmen? Tum Tum? FAIL.

and who are the idiots who keep on saying we are too reliant on the openers? Just because the openers have got some runs in this WC, they dont leave enough overs for the middle order to play decent innings, if you look at previous matches before this WC the middle order has done GREAT, White and Hussey have been great for at least 18 months.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
and who are the idiots who keep on saying we are too reliant on the openers? Just because the openers have got some runs in this WC, they dont leave enough overs for the middle order to play decent innings, if you look at previous matches before this WC the middle order has done GREAT, White and Hussey have been great for at least 18 months.

Probably more the top 4 than openers.
Only T20I: Australia v Pakistan at Dubai, May 7, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
6th Match, Group A: Australia v Pakistan at Gros Islet, May 2, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
Only T20I: Australia v Pakistan at Melbourne, Feb 5, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
2nd T20I: South Africa v Australia at Centurion, Mar 29, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/412688.html

Mike Hussey is the man that has improved our situation, in both games where we have been in dire straights, hes been the man to get us out of it.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Great effort by our boys. Clarke FAIL again though, come on mate, hit out or get out, those 20 balls you wasted couldve been 5 sixes to White.

So, who was the idiot who was saying a few weeks back that Nanness would fail to trouble top order batsmen? Tum Tum? FAIL.

Oohh look out - someone's come out all guns blazing this morning...:p

Again I'll stick up for Clarke. He's putting himself in spots where he doesn't HAVE to score fast. Today you don't want him coming in slogging when it's 2/20 and he'd only faced 2 balls when he saw Warner and D.Hussey fall quickly from the other end making it 4/30 - and you want him to hit out?? Also consider the Lankans have a good bowling team and we've collapsed in a heap before - only 2 games ago. I don't think he's a great T20 player by any means, but he's doing the job he's most suited to - the steadier, and I'm not gonna bag him for innings like today. I hope he can score a little faster, but he's certainly not killing this team.

Users who are viewing this thread