30/12 PlanetCricket V Bengal Tigers (Mid Season Friendly)

travder92

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good match, pretty surprising low scores, but it was entertaining. Some fantastic bowling on display, pretty happy with my own overall figures, only got 3 wickets, but had a great average and tied down an end. Didn't bowl as many over's as I'd like, but i'm a spinner, so thats expected. Well done PCXI! :D

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good match. Nice to get some runs for PCXI. Low scoring matches are always interesting.

Big Man

Club Cricketer
Give us a batsmen pitch this time.

These poor pitches over here are real poor. :D

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
PCCL Headquarters trashed!

'WE WANT FRIENDLY' graffiti found all over walls, Police suspect an inside job!

A shocking discovery was made today in the PCCL Headquarters by the PCCL officials, as they arrived this morning to find that the building had been vandalised - it's walls defaced by graffiti and it's offices completely trashed. According to the Police Department, it seemed to be the work of a 'highly organised group' who 'knew their way around', leading to speculation that this could have been an inside job by one of the PCCL Officials or players. The graffiti on the walls mainly read 'WE WANT OUR FRIENDLY' and 'PCCL - POOR, CARELESS, inCOMPETENT and LAZY', leading the Police to believe this was the work of some disgruntled players who were set to play in the second PC vs. Bengal Tigers friendly, which has yet to take place after a week. Other damages included several derogatory remarks about the PCCL officials, general slander, and rude images involving cricket equipment and a duck. The local computers had their hard disks erased (although the backups remained untouched) and files were ripped up and strewn across the floor.

"This has inside job written all over it" said the head of the Police Department Sue Cide. "The way the offices were broken into, and the amount of work done in such a short time frame. It had to be a group that knew their way around, and a highly organised one at that. This was not something you'd see by a group of drunken teens, these guys had it planned out and were quite clearly mad at the PCCL for some reason."

These insights into the break-in have put several of the senior PCCL players as prime suspects, due to the disappointment they showed after not being selected for the PC Representative First XI, and the further anger they must be harbouring over the fact that their match has not yet gotten underway. The prime suspect out of all of them is Legendary Downright Donkeys Allrounder Zorax Doom, especially following the scathing comments he made mere moments after the attack.

"Great news, Fantastic. They deserve it. Those lousy scumbags, they think they can just promise us a match, not follow through, and the hope we forget about it and let the whole thing die away quietly? Well then, they've got another thing coming! I think we've put acro...umm, I mean THEY, yea, THOSE guys who did the vandalism, they put across a strong message. We would never do such a thing. Ofcourse we wouldn't. How moronic of you to insinuate that. Now get out of here before I call security!"

Police officials state that no serious damage was done, although cleaning up the place could be a long and costly procedure. Nobody was harmed in the incident, and the PCCL season would carry on as normal.

The second friendly against the Bengal Tigers was scheduled to take place right after the first one, yet after a week of anticipating, it has yet to get underway. Did this lead to a group of Senior players venting out their frustration on the PCCL HQ, or was it a group of rowdy fans? Was Zorax the ringmaster behind it, or merely an innocent bystander? Only time will tell. Till then, one hopes the PCCL Officials act and act fast, to avoid a more serious incident later on.​

-Reuters​

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
PCPL Headquarters Asks for Extra-Security

In light of the vandalism at the PCCL Headquarters, the PCPL owner, Simon Barrow, has asked for extra security at his glorious 80-story building off the coast of Italy.

The PCPL owner had this to say, "It is horrid that the PCCL have had such a thing done, and to try to make sure we have nothing of the sorts done to us, we've asked for extra security. Hopefully they'll not attempt to vandalise our beautiful building, but if they do, they're in for a shock when a team of 40 huge police officers turn up."

Is Barrow actually concerned about his building? Or is this a cover up to try to make him look innocent? Only time will tell.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Breaking news!! PCPL Headquarters vandalized despite Extra-Security!

News has been received that despite the many efforts of stopping vandalism at the PCPL Headquarters, the 80-story PCPL Headquarter was made victim of graffiti and the building is no more beautiful.

More news to follow soon.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Barrow happy at "stupid people!"

Barrow has only this morning arrived back at PC-land, and has had this to say about his "headquarters."

"I thought some smart arse would try it, so, being me, I bought the beautiful building in Italy as a "decoy," headquarters. No one actually knows where the real headquarters out. Seeing as I only employ people who hate direct sun-light and munchkins, theres no way of knowing, even my privet jet captain is a munchkin, they really are better workers than mere humans!"

He has also said,

"I find it much funny that people want to pretty much piss on your chips when you're doing well... The PCPL is far superior to that of the PCCL as far as technology and modernism is concerned, and for someone to come along and try to destroy that is...well no other creature would be capable of such down-right jealousy, I find it narcissistic of people to try to do such a thing. Ofcourse, no matter how much I try, much of the Cricsim community are narcissistic, therefore I cannot do much about it."

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
PCPL star batsman surprised at the intelligence of Simon Barrow!!

The man of the series in partnership with Giggity, Karachi Xpress says that he is surprised to see Simon being smart enough to fake their headquarter and make the "stupid people" waste their time.

He also says that PCPL is indeed a better league than PCCL is. He also praises the way Rhys and Barrow work to keep it alive and come up with new ideas, but also says that Jaz and Jack are doing a wonderful work at PCCL as well.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Jaz has leaped over the pond to help us out also :p

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Giggity Giggity glad to be mentioned.
PCPL superstar Giggity Giggity is glad to be mentioned in a press release and has this to say on the matter at PCPL Headquaters.
STOP YOUR ARGUING BABIES :p

Users who are viewing this thread