3rd Place Match - Germany vs Portugal

sportzchick said:
Oliver said he was quitting internationa football after the WC

great to see him get one more game :D

Yeah,his last game for his nation.
I still can't forget the dejected look on his face after the 2002 defeat at the hands of Brazil.
He's been a great keeper for the Germans.
Kudo to him.

Ricardo Carvalho of Portugal isn't playing today either, due to a suspension received in the last match.

cric_craze said:
thats quite impossible
support the brand in you're sig, damnit, impossible is nothing.

Great game by Scweinsteiger he is a real talent in the making for Germany. At least the home nation finished off well.

I said own goal by porto and they did it, YAY! I'm so damn right.

I still don't get why Kahn played. Just looking at him makes me think hes 40+.

Well done to Germany. Played well and deserved 3rd spot.

Yes i though Germany would win,especially with the crowd behind them.Scweinsteiger was excellent.Pity he couldn't perform like this through the rest of the tournament.

IloveGilly said:
I still don't get why Kahn played. Just looking at him makes me think hes 40+.

Well done to Germany. Played well and deserved 3rd spot.

His last ever International game, send him off on a swansong.

Ricardo is good at penalties, but was poor yesterday, he was at fault for Schweinsteigers, completely fluffed at it, such a camera goalie anyway.

Sureshot said:
His last ever International game, send him off on a swansong.

Ricardo is good at penalties, but was poor yesterday, he was at fault for Schweinsteigers, completely fluffed at it, such a camera goalie anyway.

Yeah but as a member of the goalkeepers union I can say that ball swerved just in front of him and he had no chance.

What a performance by Schweini, those were two blistering strikes and even Ricardo could'nt stop them. A nice send off for Oli Kahn and the legendary Luis Figo. Figo once again showed his class, when he crossed in the most perfect of crosses for Portugal's onlz goal. Its nice for the German team to end the tournament on a high note. The Best young player and Golden Boot award are also sealed. So on the whole a good tournament for us.

Kahn is one of the current greats and congrats to him for a great career at international leval - Im glad he was given a proper send off

wolf said:
Yeah but as a member of the goalkeepers union I can say that ball swerved just in front of him and he had no chance.

The ball moved a bit, but it missed his hand by more than it swerved.

Users who are viewing this thread