4th Test: England v Australia at Chester-le-Street Aug 9-13, 2013

I think this 'Umpire's Call' is not working!!! Umpires are just giving it out left right center!!! What happened to the good old benefit of doubt??? Haddin's decision is the worst decision ever!!!! Never would it have been out. The margin of error with DRS should have ruled that as not out!!!

If the shoe was on the other foot and that would have been given not out on umpire's call I too would have been furious. But you can't moan when the umpire gives him out and Hawkeye shows it was hitting the stumps.

Well bowled Broad 10 wickets in the match, fantastic stuff. Wish he would do this more often.

1 wicket to go...

Yeah...Broad really changed the whole match on its head!! Great bowling!

Congrats to England and all its fans :cheers!!! Truly the best team won!!!

You only sing when your winning, you only sing when your winnnnnnnnning! :cheers

What a comeback from England. In a way I feel for Australia with all these batting collapses they keep having.

3-0 England to demolish us in the last test :(

----------

Time to change my avatar and signature

----------

Watson and Khawaja for the love of GOD please kick these two :)

You only sing when your winning, you only sing when your winnnnnnnnning! :cheers

What a comeback from England. In a way I feel for Australia with all these batting collapses they keep having.

Key point, this was a come back from England and not just a batting collapse. Braod bowled far better than he balls in 90% of his games, a bit like in the 2009 Ashes when he was fast and furious. Like Nasser said, when Broad bowls like this, he is almost unstoppable.

Broad battered Australia leading to a collapse rather than Australia collapsing due to a lack of experience or mental stability. Great match and a better series than the score line may suggest, it may well be even stevens for most of the 4 tests so far but all the important moments have been won by England.

England win the fourth Test by 74 runs and win the Ashes series with one match to spare!

Obviously still the Oval Test to go but of course we begin our defence at the Gabba on 21st November. Now that is going to be a much more competitive series.

Last edited:
Yeah that is exactly what I thought too. Cocking up a clear-win position as this could prove devastating in more than one way for the Aussies. Huge blow psychologically.

Anyway, England are unbeaten in their last 12 tests (W7 D5) and Australia are winless in their last 8 tests (L7 D1) :D

Man was that a bad time to go out. :noway
Warner and Clarke in when I left...

Lot happened since then! Cor blimey, what a turnaround. I seriously thought the Aussies would snaffle this one. They must be absolutely shattered.......how the heck do you pick yourself up from here....anyway let them sort that out.......still amongst the party there are questions......Anderson......give him a rest next game.....Top order........

Users who are viewing this thread