A Decade At A Close - what has been the best innings of the last ten years?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Going by just what I have seen, the best innings of the decade for me have been Ricky Ponting's 156 to save the game for Australia at Old Trafford in 2005, Kevin Pietersen's last day 158 at The Oval to win England the Ashes, also in 2005, JP Duminy's 166 at Melbourne last December, and Sachin's unbeaten 103 at Chennai against England last December.

Post your thoughts.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'm biased. So I'm obviously going to go with KP's 158. He got some luck early on, but in terms of the pressure on him as far as the match situation and the fact he had failed in the last 2 Tests of the series were concerned it was just a superb knock. Sachin's innings against England in India definitely deserves a mention as well.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Surely Laxman's 281 against Australia at Kolkata has to be up there. Also Akmal's 113 against India at Karachi.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Surely Laxman's 281 against Australia at Kolkata has to be up there. Also Akmal's 113 against India at Karachi.
The magazine I got the idea from (All Out Cricket) reckons that Laxman's innings is the best of the decade. I didn't see it though, it was before my time.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Surely Duminy's is up there, chasing down the mammoth total and produced that. You could say the pressure was off because no expected it but you can fight it the other way and say he had immense pressure.

Shhubham

School Cricketer
The Best Inning is Of Sachin Tendulkar in the Mtch which is currently going on...:sarcasm

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Just a couple of Indian ones for now until I query my brains.

Laxman's 281 vs. Australia
Sehwag's 309 vs. Pakistan

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
This has been decade of Ponting. has to be some of his innings.

For me its Dravid in Adelaide. :hpraise

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sachin's Sharjah innings.

Gilly's WC 2007 final knock

KP's innings at Oval.

Symonds innings against Pakistan at WC 2003

Shewag's innings at Pakistan (Sultan Of Multan)

Ganguly's knock agasisnt Srilanka

Dhoni's hammering against Sri Lanka

Chanderpuals winning knock against India at India.

Ponting has many but i will rate 2 innings.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Test or ODI's? If its ODI's, Sachin's innings today and his 163* against NZ are certainly right up there among the best ever ODI innings of all time. Today's was right up there (although Anwar's was still better).

In tests, the best I've watched was Laxman's 167 against Australia at Sydney. That was an unexpected knock and took a lot of people by surprise. Dravid's 233* was also a masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread