A quick tut to get modding in DBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9102

That's pretty cool, hopefully something like that can be done for the consoles. I had Forza 2 and 3 but never really got into them and didn't look into the car designs people made but it sounds effective.

As I say I'm not really clued up on the legality and whatnot of it either but I'm sure Big Ant would have been very careful with the legal side of their content sharing features.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, you mentioned the potential legal issues with user corrected player names too, but I don't see how that can be an issue since we already have those.

There is an option to reset DBCA to it's default state, and by doing so you will see that not one single player in the game is licensed or even approximated to their real-life counterparts. Most people never even see this since the game gives you the option right away to download the best rated teams from the acadamy. Thus I can conclude that all of the teams that most people are playing with already are unlicensed but corrected.

But I agree, the manual creation we see in other games is an easy way around it and it's something that anyone can do, even on console. I would definitely like to see this kind of feature as a fallback for console players.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

I tried just having a really quick go at some stumps to test that they appeared ingame... I've had no success there either, the defaults are still displayed.

I have been saving the files directly as .dds through Photoshop using the plugin. Might try again with the converter shown in the first post.

I've saved what I did as a .png and attached it, it only took a couple of minutes as I just replaced the current logos without doing anything else. Feel free to try to get it to work in game if you want :thumbs.

Edit - Nope, converted that .png to .dds using the converter, still the original stumps appear in game... I've put it in this directory Documents\my games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\props\stumps\current_01 which I think is right.

Attachments

• radial_col.png
    radial_col.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cant you put them directly in the root directory textures folder?

Or have you got other mods to work with your way? Maybe that command isnt working??

----------

Nice stumps btw.. Im bout to fall asleep but Ill make some 3mobile ones and try a few ways of getting them in-game!

D

Deleted member 9102

Cant you put them directly in the root directory textures folder?

Or have you got other mods to work with your way? Maybe that command isnt working??

----------

Nice stumps btw.. Im bout to fall asleep but Ill make some 3mobile ones and try a few ways of getting them in-game!
In the root directory of the game, there's a .zip archive called dbc14_textures but I don't think the game actually reads from this at all and it's contents are purely to use for modding. I did try replacing stuff in there too but it didn't do anything.

I haven't got anything I've modded to work yet, although I have only tried to edit the ball sponsor and stumps as I don't think anyone else has tried to do anything to these and I haven't touched stuff like kits/bats or downloaded any either.

I think the actual textures are inside the "data-0.blobset.pc" file in the game's root directory but I don't think we can edit it's contents yet so the documents directory seems to be the way to do things at the minute. Ross may not want the modding to be based on editing the game's core files in it's root directory because I think there's a plan in place to make mods placed in the documents directory not work for pirates (saw some sort of 'Safe Mode, using default textures' prompt).

In Football Manager for example, the vast majority of graphical mods go into the documents directory and you can have a pretty much unlimited amount of stuff added to the game, like hundreds of thousands of player faces, kits, emblems etc and link them to ingame IDs. I hope we don't have to make do with a limited number of 'slots' for graphical content in DBC.

Edit - Downloaded a HUD logopack from the mod screenshots thread, placed it in the documents directory and it applied correctly in the game, so I am putting things in the right places. Not sure why the balls/stumps won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addy

National Board President
Installed Nvidia plugin, but photoshop does not recognize it. what to do?

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Yeah. So you've got an obsolete version. You need to download the NEW version from Steam, believe they're currently up to version 1.0.0m

grkrama

National Board President
Installed Nvidia plugin, but photoshop does not recognize it. what to do?
what version of PS are you using, also is the option nvidia tools present in filters menu if not, its not installed properly.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
It's called Photoshop. It's awesome, go buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread