AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

yes, the ball loops up beautfully and curls in the air, deliveries warney would have been proud of!

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

does anyone else reckon the game lacks a cut shot?

Odd: I can't say I've noticed any difference.

Since I cant play the beta patch w/ my gamesplanet version, I decd to give the original game a fresh try (been a while). Apart from the infamous run-out bug, which has been fixed in the beta afaict, I noticed the following AI issues when playing some ODI's/T-20s (playing on "Hard"):

1. When the AI batsman was completely beaten (e.g. taken a big heave and missed), the confidence didn't drop and the batsman continued to play with the same swagger.
2. When the AI was chasing a big total and the req RR was high, if the AI lost a wicket, the new batsman coming in would try to smash the ball around immediately. No settling in, even the slightest.
3. The AI didn't exploit gaps in the field as well as it could. Also, no quick singles in the in-field. No drop and run.
4. When batting with the tail, the top order AI batsman didn't try and preserve the strike -- e.g., try and take 2's, or a run off the last ball
5. The AI batsman didn't exploit the powerplay -- i.e. did not accelerate the RR or try more lofted shots in spite of the fielding restrictions. In fact, I managed to bowl my first maiden over of the innings during the powerplay.
6. When bowling, I didn't see the AI swing the ball or switch the ball direction the last sec a great deal. AI bowling really should be more varied/unpredictable
7. The AI would always use the same set of bowlers, no matter how badly one of them got hammered earlier in the game. This of course is really silly and takes away any realism.

How many of these have been fixed in the beta?

Anyone? apologies if it has been repeated elsewhere

Anyone? apologies if it has been repeated elsewhere

By the sounds of it the confidence issues for the batsmen have been sorted and you really have to play yourself in now. Somewhere in this thread i think someone mentions what kind of shots or miss times and a few other little things that can reduce and increase the confidence levels. I cant confirm this tho.

Giggs11 added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

When the AI was chasing a big total and the req RR was high, if the AI lost a wicket, the new batsman coming in would try to smash the ball around immediately. No settling in, even the slightest.

This issue has been sorted.

My experience is if you try to even play attacking shots along the ground when you first get in, you have a good chance of getting out. Best to play yourself in, to be sure. The AI however, still has a habit of hitting out as soon as they arrive - they're still way too aggressive when they get to 'fearless'.

Edit: The bowler stamina system doesn't seem to be working at all right now, TG. There's no real need to change bowlers - we need to strike a balance between this and how it was before: a bowler should tire towards the end of a long spell, but come back much fresher for the next one. Stamina should also be completely renewed at the beginning of each day and partially renewed after lunch/tea, with a slight increase after drinks. :)

You say there still agressive i have not noticed this in peoples scorecards as they seem to be batting pretty sensibly and have more balls bowled than runs, but is it a problem for you??

the patch does not work when i put a no cd/dvd patch. why is that

Probably because you are using a no DVD 'patch'. Install the game again, without the noDVD patch and try again. If you have the original DVD, that is. ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

You say there still agressive i have not noticed this in peoples scorecards as they seem to be batting pretty sensibly and have more balls bowled than runs, but is it a problem for you??

It's not as bad as it was, nowhere near it, but I have noticed AI batsmen loft the ball very early in their innings. It's no biggie, but you do notice it; I wouldn't call it a 'problem' though.

Probably because you are using a no DVD 'patch'. Install the game again, without the noDVD patch and try again. If you have the original DVD, that is. ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

It's not as bad as it was, nowhere near it, but I have noticed AI batsmen loft the ball very early in their innings. It's no biggie, but you do notice it; I wouldn't call it a 'problem' though.

But do you think this would be sorted in the final patch??

But do you think this would be sorted in the final patch??

I would say so. :)

Thing is, the game's so great now: any further improvements (apart from the one I've mentioned, the AI's refusal to take easy singles and extra fields) will just be a huge bonus!

Yeah all very good points guys, actually just came on to give my verdict on some of the issues that have crept up but you guys seem to have covered them.

Im playing mostly ODI's and I have only once taken a wicket with the new ball within the first 10 overs. Its incredibly hard for me to get edges, I even played against Ireland to see if its easier but even they smash me around with ease. And its not like I dont know which lines to bowl lol.

As MasterBlaster76 has said, it seems like the stamina bar doesnt work that well and also noticed that it doesnt matter if you hit the AI for 3 boundaries in succession, they hardly ever drop to "hesitant" while my batsman still hovers around confident/hesitant even if he's playing a blinder.

I have lately started fiddling around with custom fields because the standard ones are naff and hardly keep the AI at bay.

Another last point...can someone please explain the bowler rating system to me or if that is also flawed? Bowled with Parnell who has a rating of 60 and got a hattrick with him, bowled great lines and almost always landed the ball in the perfect zone, yet when I check his rating its down to 57?

Last edited:
Yeah all very good points guys, actually just came on to give my verdict on some of the issues that have crept up but you guys seem to have covered them.

Im playing mostly ODI's and I have only once taken a wicket with the new ball within the first 10 overs. Its incredibly hard for me to get edges, I even played against Ireland to see if its easier but even they smash me around with ease. And its not like I dont know which lines to bowl lol.

As MasterBlaster76 has said, it seems like the stamina bar doesnt work that well and also noticed that it doesnt matter if you hit the AI for 3 boundaries in succession, they hardly ever drop to "hesitant" while my batsman still hovers around confident/hesitant even if he's playing a blinder.

I have lately started fiddling around with custom fields because the standard ones are naff and hardly keep the AI at bay.

Another last point...can someone please explain the bowler rating system to me or if that is also flawed? Bowled with Parnell who has a rating of 60 and got a hattrick with him, bowled great lines and almost always landed the ball in the perfect zone, yet when I check his rating its down to 57?

Thanks for bringing that up: it does appear that as well as the bowler's stamina (both player and AI controlled) not working properly, the AI bowler's confidence isn't working correctly either.

Custom fields are more effective (but without being 'unfair' on the AI - they can still make big runs) and they're a lot more fun because you get to act like a real captain! I don't use the standard fields anymore.

And as you also said, some ratings seem a bit off - Broad's a decent batsman, yet his aiming cone is huge!

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing that up: it does appear that as well as the bowler's stamina (both player and AI controlled) not working properly, the AI bowler's confidence isn't working correctly either.

Custom fields are more effective (but without being 'unfair' on the AI - they can still make big runs) and they're a lot more fun because you get to act like a real captain! I don't use the standard fields anymore.

And as you also said, some ratings seem a bit off - Broad's a decent batsman, yet his aiming cone is huge!

Ye but hes not brilliant i guess i think the top batmens aiming cones would be spot on but the tailenders would be quite hard to decide how big the cone should be.

I don't think there's anything wrong with bowler confidence just stamina.

Im not 100% sure about the bowling confidence, but i think people still have some issues with the batting confidence levels as in when fearless being unstoppable and when timid or other ect still playing lofted shots as if there on top of the world, thats the impression ive got from feedback but i havent played the beta so ill leave it up to others to comment on this being true or false :)

But im sure if this deffinatey is the case, it would be sorted for final patch.

Just stop trying to help them as we have told them they to buy legal copy but they seem to not listen. They need to go and make there own thread about illegal games now come on back to discussing the patch:D

Thanks for that !! but please understand that many of us have LEGALLY downloaded the game, but we cannot use the patch:doh

Users who are viewing this thread