Afghanistan vs Pakistan - 3 ODIs - August 2023

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Now time for Babar Azam classy inning ,not seen his batting from long time so today I want to enjoy his batting

Ah the power of jinxing…
Post automatically merged:

Good to see Rizwan being tried out as an opener tbh :spy

Indian fans during the semi-final when the top three are dismissed in the first overs and KL walks out.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan really struggling against Afghanistan

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan really struggling against Afghanistan
It’s not surprising, their spinners have always troubled us. Hopefully we can get the struggle out of our system in this series and be ready to beat them in Chennai

Bevab

Staff Member

Bevab

Staff Member
If the Afghanis manage to turn Bahir or Rasooli into a Hridoy like batter at international level they’d start giving the likes of Sri Lanka a serious run for their money as the dark horse team.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If the Afghanis manage to turn Bahir or Rasooli into a Hridoy like batter at international level they’d start giving the likes of Sri Lanka a serious run for their money as the dark horse team.
Not very familiar with Hridoy, who would you compare him to?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You know what is different under Babar's captaincy for Paksitan? They are do not commit silly mistakes, they do not make fielding errors. I am sure people who are stats savvy can find that stat of before and after. That missed run out is out of blue.

Bevab

Staff Member
Not very familiar with Hridoy, who would you compare him to?

Funnily enough I haven’t watched too much of him live either and most of it has been the odd highlight or two. From what I remember after seeing an old vid again he’s good against spinners, especially on the back-foot to them and likes targeting the leg-side for slogs against pacers. He’s quite firm with a lack of footwork when he goes for big shots against pacers but on the contrary I really like how he moves against spinners to counter them and get the ball into unconventional zones. The other thing I like the most about him is the way he hits the ball, successful hitters in Bangladeshi cricket aren’t that common at higher levels and he nails the timing quite frequently alongside having a pretty mature head on his shoulders.

In terms of comparison… this may be blasphemy but he strikes me as an Asian version of Roscoe in his earlier days. He should ideally be playing as the dynamic accumulator at number four who takes on spinners once Shakib retires. Till then a middle order of him and potentially Shamim acting as hitters could work well enough.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You know what is different under Babar's captaincy for Paksitan? They are do not commit silly mistakes, they do not make fielding errors. I am sure people who are stats savvy can find that stat of before and after. That missed run out is out of blue.
Yes, the fielding standards have improved significantly when compared to, say, 10 years ago. The coaches appointed since 2016 and the standards set in the PSL have made the difference, even the fast bowlers are good fielders, mostly.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yes, the fielding standards have improved significantly when compared to, say, 10 years ago. The coaches appointed since 2016 and the standards set in the PSL have made the difference, even the fast bowlers are good fielders, mostly.

I don’t remember who it was but there was one bloke a few years ago who really turned it around, think I saw Pakistan at the top of some fielding metrics then under Sarfaraz.

Of course in true PCB fashion they didn’t renew his contract back then and they reverted back to type for a while.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Coming to the match, it was quite a contrast between the two innings, with Pakistan capitulating against spin, and Afghanistan against pace. However, thanks to Imam's innings and cameos from others, we still got a competitive total

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don’t remember who it was but there was one bloke a few years ago who really turned it around, think I saw Pakistan at the top of some fielding metrics then under Sarfaraz.

Of course in true PCB fashion they didn’t renew his contract back then and they reverted back to type for a while.
Steve Rixon was the fielding coach back then

Users who are viewing this thread