England tour of Bangladesh, 2023 (3 ODI & 3 T20I)

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shakib after carrying Bangladesh to another win:

Ah-Shit-Here-We-Go-Again.jpg

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The win in the dead rubber probably saved Tamim from being sacked.

With Bangladesh,I feel the nosey nature of the Board President needs to cease if they are to go further in cricketing terms. Find it funny that a person who hasn't played top notch cricket ends up criticizing his team continually.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
England going with the Johannesburg Super Kings strategy of picking 4 batters and a bunch of all rounders.
Waiting for someone to go with the DSG strategy of picking no batters and stuffing your lineup full of wicketkeepers and all-rounders

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Wow, Bangladesh are actually winning here, and it's not a low scoring affair.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
England didn't do well in the middle overs. Clearly showed they missed Livingstone and other big hitters.

Btw, when was Shakib re-instated as captain? Last time I saw Bangladesh, Nurul, the keeper was their full time captain.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Massive results for Bangladesh these… unlike the wins against Australia and New Zealand these are on decent T20 pitches and they’ve had one of their best potential batters step up big time. The pace trio also seems to work very well with each one of them offering a different variation. They’ve got the spine of a decent T20I side well set already and all they need are a few pieces to spruce things up.

Litton
New Opener (I don’t believe Taludkar is good enough)
Shanto
Hridoy
Shakib
Afif
Nurul/Mehidy
Mehidy/Nasum
Taskin
Mahmud
Fizz

I honestly believe they should let Shahriar play in more T20 leagues globally to gain experience on playing his brand of cricket with better quality. He has the natural aggression that most batters in the system lack and trying to fix his woeful technique in the system could take years and result in him potentially losing out on the natural aggression that made him special in the first place. I feel it would be far better to let him ‘Frankenstein’ his technique into a working state that may be suspect but would still yield viable results.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What a miserable end to the winter that was. The players just seemed tired and disinterested in that T20 series.

Well done to Bangladesh and all that, but not really good enough from England. We should be putting teams like that away.

Users who are viewing this thread