Afl- 2007

thesquirrel

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
damn right. let's just get into afl premiership season mode and start plaing some games that actually matter. the nab cup never represents how well a team will do later on in the year so why bother?

Roofrom50

International Coach
Well done to Brisbane last night making it into a Grand Final after beating Geelong, now will it be Carlton or the Kangaroos to meet them next week

MCG

Club Captain
PHP:
7:40PM - Telstra Dome	Q1	    Q2	              Q3	  Q4	                                    
Brisbane Lions	        1.2.4	         1.2.7	        3.4.8	         4.7.10	          88
Geelong Cats	        0.1.1	       0.3.4	       0.9.8	       0.10.13	          73

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
Brisbane vs Carlton G/F it is then. I guess it's going to be played at the Telstra Dome? Haha Matthews is not going to like that eh? ;)

Ponting_14 said:
Kangaroos... book it.

ssst.gif

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Yep Blues vs Lions Grand Final for the NAB Cup, i will certainly be taking the trip down to Melbourne and going to the Game, even though i am a Crows fan, i will still be going, GO THE BLUES

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
Roofrom50 said:
Yep Blues vs Lions Grand Final for the NAB Cup, i will certainly be taking the trip down to Melbourne and going to the Game, even though i am a Crows fan, i will still be going, GO THE BLUES

It's only the NAB cup, but I must say I'll be pulling for the Lions in this one.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Ponting_14 said:
It's only the NAB cup, but I must say I'll be pulling for the Lions in this one.
lol, yeh but you have to admit, it is good to see Carlton winning a few games after their crap performances of late

Roofrom50

International Coach
Ponting_14 said:
Lol yep but not after beating my Kangaroos!!!
nono.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah well true that, but its good to see the next genertaion of Blues playing well

MCG

Club Captain
PHP:
CARLTON 1.0.4 1.3.7 1.7.9 1.13.13.(100)

KANGAROOS 0.1.2 0.6.4 1.10.4 1.12.4 (85)

GOALS: Carlton: Nine-points goals: B Fevola. Six-point goals: B Fevola 7 M Murphy 2 E Betts 2 B Fisher N Stevens. Kangaroos: Nine-point goals: N Thompson. Six-point goals: S Grant 3 G Archer 3 L Thomas 2 M Campbell 2 B Harvey.

BEST: Carlton: B Fevola M Murphy E Betts R Houlihan N Stevens. Kangaroos: S Grant G Archer L Thomas, L Thomas, M Thompson.

INJURIES: Kangaroos: Nil. Carlton: Nil

REPORTS: Nil.

UMPIRES: M Vozzo M Stevic S Grun R Chamberlain.

CROWD: 7,228 at Gold Coast Stadium.

thesquirrel

School Cricketer
does anyone actually want to win though? i mean if you look at all previous results, people who win the nab cup are most likely not going to make the eight, like geelong last year-touted as premiership favourite, and my hawks in 2003, when shwab said we would win the grand final, and we ended up coming 14th of so. in my mind i was really expecting both carlton and brisbane to make up the bottom two places this year. you probably don't benefit from playing a fully competetive match one week before the real stuff starts

Roofrom50

International Coach
The NAB Cup really means nothing. Its just a compettion to show off the young players. And you always see the struggling sides and the cash bound sides like Carlton and Brisbane playing well and competing in the Grand Final. You see that the teams that dont need the money eg. Adelaide, West Coast and Sydney, were all bombed out in the 1st round.

Users who are viewing this thread