An excellent breakthrough I suppose - We can now control the gameplay

kiwi

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I did some work on Cricket2002 and can you all beleive it, we now can control the gameplay of Cricket 2002 just like we did in BLC. I hacked Cricket 2002 using hex editor and I unearthed that the settings were just like BLC. I am sure with this latest tweaking I am just going to have a perfect game with good graphics. I might have been a bit early in my assesment but what the heck. I tried a bit of tweaking and found that I was being beaten playing few swingers. Also the CPU player was beaten in the air by spinners. With this tweaking, I am unable to know the line of the ball beforehand. I get to see the ball marker very late just like we tweaked in BLC and its not easy to decide a shot like the old days. Also I have found that the speed and spin can also be controlled using this method. Also I am not going to hold on to this like a secret but I will need time to compile the tweakings I have done. I should confess though that when bowling I pretty much have been having problem trying to get the marker going, this currently is resulting in bowling without knowing where we are pitching. I suppose this can be fixed with a bit more tweaking. Also this needs a lot of work atleast for a week's time, when I am done or when I need help I will get in touch with you old fellas.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
kiwi
this is excellent news - this is the area of the game I am interested in.

Please tell me as soon as it's convenient how you tweak the files etc, as it will hopefully revive my interest in a game I stopped playing months ago :P

J

jonah

Superb work, kiwi. Now, as you say, hopefully the gameplay can be tweaked to rival that of BLC (after THAT was tweaked :;): ).

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
[color=#000000:post_uid14]Let us see
angel.gif
[/color]

kiwi

School Cricketer
Let us see
angel.gif

No big secret or a big deal this one mate. The cricket2002.exe file has reference to the config files in it and it uses one of the custom C functions called CFGLOAD which extracts the configs.dat file. This will need to be replaced with a directory instead of the function call. The function call CFGLOAD will need to be canned from the file at first. For instance you have configs/1day50.cfg can be replaced with data/1day50.cfg with having the 1day50.cfg file from blc stored in cricket2002/data directory. The 1day50.cfg file for instance controls how the computer bats in a 50 over game, this can simply be customized and put into data directory to produce the desired results. The same is applicable to all other config files. Those who are familiar with BLC tweaking will find this a piece of cake. To be honest I spent around 1/2 hr - 1hr on trying this out yesterday and have come up with the results. I had to unfortunately give it up because of lack of time. I am sure if someone spends more time on this they will be able to master it in no time. Though I have a oops coding background, I can vouch that you it doesnt take too long for even the ones not on extreme coding to solve this mystery. In the coming days I am sure we will have plenty of tweaking done by forummers and I am already elated we will have the game we wished for for this long. Sam2002, I dont really blame you for being pessimist mate. I am aware its not very easy to hack the exe in other games but this one I can assure you is fairly easy if you have a go at what Ive suggested above. Good luck to you all.

sam2002

[color=#000000:post_uid14]
Let us see
angel.gif
No big secret or a big deal this one mate. The cricket2002.exe file has reference to the config files in it and it uses one of the custom C functions called CFGLOAD which extracts the configs.dat file. This will need to be replaced with a directory instead of the function call. The function call CFGLOAD will need to be canned from the file at first. For instance you have configs/1day50.cfg can be replaced with data/1day50.cfg with having the 1day50.cfg file from blc stored in cricket2002/data directory. The 1day50.cfg file for instance controls how the computer bats in a 50 over game, this can simply be customized and put into data directory to produce the desired results. The same is applicable to all other config files. Those who are familiar with BLC tweaking will find this a piece of cake. To be honest I spent around 1/2 hr - 1hr on trying this out yesterday and have come up with the results. I had to unfortunately give it up because of lack of time. I am sure if someone spends more time on this they will be able to master it in no time. Though I have a oops coding background, I can vouch that you it doesnt take too long for even the ones not on extreme coding to solve this mystery. In the coming days I am sure we will have plenty of tweaking done by forummers and I am already elated we will have the game we wished for for this long. Sam2002, I dont really blame you for being pessimist mate. I am aware its not very easy to hack the exe in other games but this one I can assure you is fairly easy if you have a go at what Ive suggested above. Good luck to you all.[/color]
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>i knew this.i think u can't simply use BLC .CFG's.(strings differ)i have tried it but no change.if the .cfg files inside configs.dat are encrypted file like the field's .cfg then its not going to be easy.if u still remove the "CFGLOAD" in .exe and replace them externaly do u really know the .cfg strings and their order? .there are also other .opt files for lighting in configs.dat.(if u remove CFGLOAD u may also remove this .opt files,then we play in full black)the .opt files are responsible for the lighting effects.
"configslightsind_morn.opt configslightsind_aftn.opt configslightsind_lnch.opt configslightswi_morn.opt configslightswi_aftn.opt configslightswi_lnch.opt configslightseng_morn.opt configslightseng_aftn.opt configslightseng_lnch.opt configslightsaus_morn.opt configslightsaus_aftn.opt configslightsaus_lnch.opt configslightsevening.opt configslightsovercast.opt configslights
ight.opt"</span>

sam2002

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>"hint"

if u have the first demo u will find a log.txt file Generated when we play.see the first part of it.(take the c2k2demo.exe and put it c2k2 full ver folder and play the demo)

"load----------->graphics settings----------->loading of .cfg files."

U will find some value info.</span>

kiwi

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>
"hint"

if u have the first demo u will find a log.txt file Generated when we play.see the first part of it.(take the c2k2demo.exe and put it c2k2 full ver folder and play the demo)

"load----------->graphics settings----------->loading of .cfg files."

U will find some value info.
I honestly would not care about the previous files when I have got it working already Sam, I can vouch you that I have been successful in setting the values differently. I am not aware what you have tried before but I have changed the values in external files and have refered it in exe. Also the values are read in the file into variables later on, I suppose it doesnt matter how you define your string inside the file it still gets read. Its not a bad idea to actually try out what you are stating but I think for now its not an issue. Also I did not really mean to replace config.dat in the data directory but simply copy your BLC cfg files into data directory and rename them to those CRICKET2002 refers to. I confirm that getting rid of CFGLOAD procedure from the exe has made no difference to the lights option in the game. I dont really have the demo version of exe, if you do can you let me know what parameters have been extracted in the log file.</span>

Edited By kiwi on 1034760151

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid7]kiwi,

it'll be helpful if you can take any one modification and post the how-to procedure..that way we'll understand it better.[/color]

kiwi

School Cricketer
kiwi,

it'll be helpful if you can take any one modification and post the how-to procedure..that way we'll understand it better.

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Thanks for all the interest shown, the support has been excellent. Well, to be honest the changes I have spoken of is only in its infancy state. I have been playing around with settings with some results, though all have not been encouraging. Sam in the previous posts has mentioned that the parameters defining is quite a problem which I totally agree although the parameters as mentioned by him are a problem here. The values are a bit of problem, looks like direct porting of values for the parameters are not really going to be effective. For instance the vertical values might have been defined in BLC as 99999 but with C2K2 it might be 9999999. Preserving BLC value will have drastic effects, I think the only way to get around this is to test the game with different values. I do not mind writing up what I know but for now I have not mastered the art of tweaking of Config files yet, If by chance I will someday I will be more than happy to share it with others. There are few changes that can made to cricket2002.exe to make the game very much a challenge for any player. Have a look at the following :

1. Open cricket2002.exe with a hex editor and search for value "TargetSizeMax" and "TargetSizeMin" as text string. Update the string "TargetSizeMax" and "TargetSizeMin" with null hex values (a zero) and playing the game will make the cursor disappear almost till the bowler is about to bowl. This will not let the player know where the CPU is going to pitch the ball beforehand. This should only be tried when batting as you will not be able to see the ball marker beforehand when bowling and will result in not bowling on the stumps at all.

2. The value "MaxTrajAdjust" reflects the ability of the batsman to read the trajectory(swing or swerve or spin) of the ball. This helps in playing all the shots out of the middle of the bat notwithstanding who the bowler is, what amount of swing or spin is imparted if the value is very high which is what the case is with C2K2. If you are always blasting the bowlers out of attack in test, I suggest update this text string also with hex values of zero. This way you will not be able to read the swing at all, the ability to score runs will depend on your expertise on playing or knowing cricket. The other string "MaxPosAdjust" will also need to be updated to zero or null values in the HEX value for corresponding string. I have tried these and have found batting something like real life, for instance a ball swinging in and close to the body is very hard to cut or slash and you will miss most of the times trying to cut it. Whereas a ball swinging away or given width outside offstump banged in short can be cut for four runs. The same happens when you incorporate the changes I have mentioned above. This will enhance batting experience and will sure satisfy hard core Gamers. This will particularly help in Test matches where you will need patience to stick to the wicket and only try to score off the bad balls.

Please also note that I have tried the above settings only for batting and not while bowling to CPU. The same effects will show on CPU when you make these changes, it will be beaten in the air more often than not. I am not asking for bouquets for this post of mine but I only ask please do not hurl brickbats and abuses after having made changes following my instruction and not getting it to work. If you are unsure of doing it or in doubt please do not attempt it and consider this post as one of those everyday stupid ones.

Apologies to those who wanted me to put my version of cricket2002.exe on the web given I hate to upload files on the net (lack of patience is one reason), if anyone is happy to host it I am more than happy to mail it.</span>

J

jonah

Great info, Ravi. The inability of the batsmen to 'glide' across the wicket to play a shot after making these changes in BLC made the game much more realistic, I thought.
Keep it up, mate :) .

kiwi

School Cricketer
Great info, Ravi. The inability of the batsmen to 'glide' across the wicket to play a shot after making these changes in BLC made the game much more realistic, I thought.
Keep it up, mate :) .
Cheers, Jonah. Infact I am currently playing the Ashes series and I can tell you Shane Warne has been my Nemesis. Also I have bowled few batters with some wily thinking. Giles has been my trump card with subtle changes and variations. The CPU is having problems reading my wrong un's and the same with me cant read those flippers and wrong un's from Warnie.I should also state that I have tweaked the Test configs to suit the Test Cricket scoring rates, if you are interested I can mail you those. Let me know. Also I have noticed that it is easy to score on a hard, dusty or dry surfaces off fast bowlers but the spinners are not easy to play on these tracks. The ball keeps low and cutting/pulling wont come off easily. I know this is good, but still some way to go to get it to perfection.

Edited By kiwi on 1034981610

Users who are viewing this thread