An Idea For A Comprehensive Stroke Editor

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi...there...well recently i've been askin zim a lot about how to edit the strokes and all.

well....a Stroke Editor for cricket 2004 seems almost immpossible since we do not have individual stroke files and all is in the GOB file.

BUT..........

we can make a program which has the fields of the strokes like - direction, directionarea, vertical,etc. just like we had for cricket 2002.

now u all must be wondering..."how ill it work since we do not have individual stroke files like we had for cricket 2002"

the simple solution will be.....

by looking at the values of the shot from cfg editor we will enter the same in the stroke editor. e.g- we will see and value of the direction from cfg editor and enter it into the stroke editor and same goes for vertical,etc.

and then the editor can generate a direction wheel of that partical shot by processing the data we have entered. if we want to tweak the direction a bit we can edit the direction field in the editor and the editor will again re-generate the modified direction. and then we can copy the value of the modified direction into the cfg editor.

the main advantage or use of this editor will be that it will save A LOT of time as we do not have to experiment with the values and then run the game again n again to see if the values we have entered take the shot direction to the place we want.

i think its a practical idea and with the lights of prakash and all it is very much possible.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Good Idead!

In regards to our latest patch i like it! However the speed of the outfield on a hard pitch is way, WAY too fast the cpu and myself go at 14 runs per over, can this be changed mate as otherwise you have an excellent patch? FishBowlMan has experienced the same problems and its ruining what is an otherwise flawless patch

thanks

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
If I understand you correctly you are suggesting manually typing in the values from the config editor into a graphical stroke editor. Then playing with your stroke and manually typing the generated numbers back into the config editor?

Surely a neater suggestion would be to have the graphical part of a stroke editor program get the values in the same way the config editor does. When modified, they could be saved back in the same way.

Last edited:

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Originally posted by FishBowlMan
If I understand you correctly you are suggesting manually typing in the values from the config editor into a graphical stroke editor. Then playing with your stroke and manually typing the generated numbers back into the config editor?

yes...exactly....this is very much possible and i hope somebody is read this...;)

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by FishBowlMan
Surely a neater suggestion would be to have the graphical part of a stroke editor program get the values in the same way the config editor does. When modified, they could be saved back in the same way.

This is more what I was suggesting - saves you having to type it in by hand. It would basically be a different "user screen" for the config editor

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
after seeing the screens of the edited fields by sam.

i'm sure the above proposed idea about the stroke editor can be turned into reality very soon.

arun bagga

School Cricketer
hi...there...well recently i've been askin zim a lot about how to edit the strokes and all.

well....a Stroke Editor for cricket 2004 seems almost immpossible since we do not have individual stroke files and all is in the GOB file.

BUT..........

we can make a program which has the fields of the strokes like - direction, directionarea, vertical,etc. just like we had for cricket 2002.

now u all must be wondering..."how ill it work since we do not have individual stroke files like we had for cricket 2002"

by looking at the values of the shot from cfg editor we will enter the same in the stroke editor. e.g- we will see and value of the direction from cfg editor and enter it into the stroke editor and same goes for vertical,etc.

and then the editor can generate a direction wheel of that partical shot by processing the data we have entered. if we want to tweak the direction a bit we can edit the direction field in the editor and the editor will again re-generate the modified direction. and then we can copy the value of the modified direction into the cfg editor.

the main advantage or use of this editor will be that it will save A LOT of time as we do not have to experiment with the values and then run the game again n again to see if the values we have entered take the shot direction to the place we want.

i think its a practical idea and with the lights of prakash and all it is very much possible.

i think we can use c2k2 strk edtr as the values of direction and power etc. are similar to that in c2k2.we can export all strk files with cfg edtr than copy the values from"mode normal frame skip 1" onwards to a c2k2 saf file and edit and than after editing again copy the same back to c2k4 strk files through cfg editor i have tested it myself and its doing well for me.

BUT..........

i think we can use c2k2 strk edtr as the values of direction and power etc. are similar to that in c2k2.we can export all strk files with cfg edtr than copy the values from"mode normal frame key 1" onwards to a c2k2 saf file and edit and than after editing again copy the same back to c2k4 strk files through cfg editor i have tested it myself and its doing well for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread