• No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by tomcress2000
Hi Ravi,

great patch, im looking to do some slight amendments to it to suit me and I wish to make it even harder to get the cpu batsmen out. What values would you suggest modifing, and what value do you find to be the most important in deciding how well the cpu batsmen bat?

many thanks

Hi Tom, change the values in Test hard settings and replace values as below to make CPU much stronger.

CpuRandom 9.0
CpuDifficulty 0.050000

Hopefully it should make CPU a lot stronger although the downside will be that it wont edge one too many and getting a wicket will be damn hard.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by rahulm5
hey ravi.....i tried your test match patch....looks good....played on a hard pitch....match isnt complete...ind vs eng.....inida|(me) won the toss and batted....419 in a day and a half......scoring at around 3.5 an over......england made 375 scoring at 4.2 an over....

postives...... cpu have made a good score and u have to think about your bowling
kumble got 0 wickets!! finally cpu playing the spinners better at least on the hard pitch

but just a few things.......the cpu gets too many runs in boundaries....the ball is racing away......it takes the ball from just outside off stump to play the on drive....outside off stump to play the pull shot.....plzz make them play more on the off side if possible and a little bit less aggressive.....didnt find any edges to first or second slip.....2-3 pull shots were caught at first slip which is not very realistic.....can u instead make the pull shots be miscued high in the air and caught at square leg or fine leg??
and cpu was playing the reverse sweep a lot against spinners...not much of regular sweep...wud like to see less of reverse sweep and more of the regular 1.......and 1 last thing the front foot legg side shot.....earler there 2 shots which were played...1 the blc type of leg glance and the other 1 when the ball was shorter.....but this this patch only the blc 1 is played..the other 1 is never played even on shorter balls....

good work mate...hope u can make these changes!!

All the above issues you mentioned are valid, I am working on tweaking on these lines so the next version hopefully will take care of these issues. Thanks for your feedback btw.

Rahul

International Cricketer
cool...lookin forward to it......finally having a decent match......ind lead by 176 on the start of the 4th day...13/1 in second innings going at 3.5 an over....prob first match for me that'll go to the 5th day.....only thing is too many runs in boundaries and some ball races too fast specially when cpu plays reverse sweep......top edges on sweep shots off spinners which go high up in the air wud be cool as well......good work mate!!

Hero

Club Captain
Thanks Ravi and I will check these values and then let you know about it.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
hi ravi just need a litle help from you.

i dunno y i'm facing this problem this time coz it never happened before.

after gaining full confidence the batsmen are getting mad and playing too aggressive in test matches and geeting caught which is highly unrealistic.

i know the values which affect cpu aggressiveness but i need a little bit of help regarding as to which values directly affectly the problem i'm talking about. and plz give an idea as to what is the appropriate values to set it to.

plz help coz i need to fix this as soon as possible coz my patch is gonna release soon.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Tutsi, there is no straight forward solution by changing CPU batting aggression in the Test cfg to stop them playing aerial shots mid way through its inning. The only way I have found you can over come this is by chaning some of the shot types from aggressive to defensive. Like a Back foot cover can be changed to defensive to ensure CPU wont use this shot when the confidence is high. There are very few shots CPU plays in the air when they gain full confidence although I cant remember that very well which are those ones. Give it a go and let me know if anything.

Radaga

International Coach
the one's that they get out to a lot when i am playing are the back foot cover drives, straight drives and on drives.

They always seem to pick out the fielders with those.

what if the power of them was increased? Then they would clear the fielder, then just make it go to the fielder if they mis-time the shot.

rocklara

International Coach
hi ravi, im using the old v 10 patch which is used on an origianl gob. now its great, and i love palying with it, but there's that feature u said with edges flying through slips and over, and some dropping short. thats great! but the problem is out of 10 edges found and with a packed slip and gully region none were caught. i understand if 1 of 4 were caught, but none were :mad: is there any way which i can modify it so at least some can be caught?

souljah

School Cricketer
help

VelToSpin and SpinToVel - Where can I find these values using config editor, I've looked under ODI Normal, ODI Hard, CPU Pacing files everything but can't find 'em anywhere. can anybody help me where i can find these?

straw

Club Cricketer
souljah said:
VelToSpin and SpinToVel - Where can I find these values using config editor, I've looked under ODI Normal, ODI Hard, CPU Pacing files everything but can't find 'em anywhere. can anybody help me where i can find these?

You can find them under the heading BALL CONDITIONS

make sure you have version 2 of cfg editor ;)

Rocky

Club Cricketer
brad352 said:
Software which makes games run faster, meaning it's harder to time shots and control the bowling cursor
Where shud I get it to download?

Radaga

International Coach
just type in !xspeed into a search engine and a link to download it will come up.

It has a free trial version with a set number of times you can use it, but if you buy it you can use it an unlimited amount.

Radaga

International Coach
start it on 1.31, then move it up by 0.1 as it gets too easy.

I at the moment play it on 1.61, and i think Ravi plays it on higher.

Hero

Club Captain
Ravi,

Have you made any changes to your last patches like test 1.0 or Oneday 1.o.If so let me know.Because I am sure that you always look for better.

Users who are viewing this thread