• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Straw, I had not tweaked the 10/20 overs in the ODI patch at all and no wonder you are seeing huge scores every other time you bowl. What you probably can do is copy the 20 overs pacing stuff from any of the previous patches or others' patches that you like and check it in the ODI ver 1.0 20 overs pacing file. Otherwise I can tweak the 10/20 overs pacing file sometime later and upload a new version.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Ravi,

I have completed my match against Australia using your latest release of odi patch 1.0. WI won the toss and elected to bat first ( no surprise there ). The conditions were normal pitch, sunny.

WI were able to bat well. ( Don't ask me how. I just do not know how I started batting this well this consistently. ) See attached stats:

msamina

Club Cricketer
Australia started chasing really well sending the WI fast bowlers to the cleaners ( as you say it ). Hayden lost his wicket early but Gilchrist, Ponting, Martyn and Lehman batted really well and kept the scoring rate at about 7.5 runs per over. But, AGAIN once they got settled down the batsmen started coming down the pitch to hit the spinners. Most of the time, they do not even seem to be trying to hit them out of the ground. Instead, they just coming down and try to play it down the ground on the off-side and you know what, they miss. So, eventually in-spite of Australia maintaining a great run-rate, they lost all their wickets and ended at 262 all out after 40 overs.

I see this problem where the batsmen come down the pitch quite often once they have reached a score of about 35 or 40. In my last game, 99.99% of the times when they came out, I got a wicket. This time around they did connect a number of shots but I do not understand their tendency to come down the pitch once they are settled. Could you try and curb this tendency of theirs?

The second innings stats:

msamina

Club Cricketer
You can see in the scorecard that Gilchrist was bowled, but he too come down the pitch and missed and the ball spun in and he got bowled.

The lower order batsmen seem to come down the pitch even when they are not settled.

So, if you can try and reduce the number of times they come down the pitch and make them connect the ball at least 95% of the times when they come down the pitch that would be great. Will it be possible, Ravi ?

Otherwise, the CPU batting is perfect. After having played 3 or 4 games, I have not been able to find a single line and length ball that would contain the batsmen. Great job, Ravi.

Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Really sorry to see what looked like a potential thriller going down like this. The batsmen do come down the track when I am bowling too but most of the times they connect. The CPU doesnt play advance down the track that very often though. I am unsure if this can be sorted but will definitely have a look.

I have had some very comprehensive feedback on the test match patch from Eddie and Mike. So far there have been few lapses in the patch but most are hopefully fixed now. I think the time's ripe enough to release the patch and with some of you guys looking forward to using my patch if can come up with feedback then it will serve better. Then if anything we can fix it and finalize it as we did with the ODI patch.

Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Test cricket patch fellas, let me know if anything I may have missed. I will be continuing to test the patch by playing a test series each against Bangladesh & Australia as NZ.

Attachments

• test cricket patch ver 1.0.zip
    19 KB · Views: 64

Eddie

International Cricketer
In response to msamina, and CPU advancing and missing..

I have played ~10 ODI's and in my experience, the CPU doesn't advance much until the latter overs.

However, when the do advance (overs 25 -40) i don't think the missed one yet..mostly advance off-drives and on-drives.

But i have had a lot of stumpings in the last 10 overs where batsmen are really trying to smash it around. But thats to be expected.

I have to say i love the ODI's patch . (as for changes...Nothing immediately springs to mind)

straw

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by crick4life
Straw, I had not tweaked the 10/20 overs in the ODI patch at all and no wonder you are seeing huge scores every other time you bowl. What you probably can do is copy the 20 overs pacing stuff from any of the previous patches or others' patches that you like and check it in the ODI ver 1.0 20 overs pacing file. Otherwise I can tweak the 10/20 overs pacing file sometime later and upload a new version.

How stupid am i not to realise.:p .... oh well

it would be great if you could tweak the files please.

cheers:)

msamina

Club Cricketer
Really sorry to see what looked like a potential thriller going down like this. The batsmen do come down the track when I am bowling too but most of the times they connect. The CPU doesnt play advance down the track that very often though. I am unsure if this can be sorted but will definitely have a look.

The match would have turned out to great, Australia taking a great win over the WI in-spite of WI having scored 295, if the batsmen had not advanced down the pitch.

I guess it is how effectively I use my spin bowlers. Since I know nowadays, that once the CPU batsmen reaches around 35 to 40 runs, they will advance down the pitch, I am on the lookout for this and bowl deliveries outside off-stump mostly spinning away from these batsmen and with a lot of spin. The batsmen then advance down the pitch and miss these deliveries completely.

It will be good if like Eddie said the batsmen advanced down the pitch only after over 40. I am not sure how much this can be controlled by you, but if possible it is certainly worth fixing (in my opinion). Thanks for your effort, Ravi.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Test cricket patch fellas, let me know if anything I may have missed. I will be continuing to test the patch by playing a test series each against Bangladesh & Australia as NZ.

Great.

Will be testing it out soon. If your odi patch is any indication, I am sure this would turn out to be a tremendous success.

sallu

School Cricketer
ravi .... i did played ur one day patch and i the thing is i can make enuff score ut i dont coz i dont have patience and i get out early buthittin shot but wat i have seen that ur patch is good bu the problem is the fiedling...... someone should tr to change the fielding so that would be more fun to play

vkalan

School Cricketer
HOW DO I INCORPORATE THE NEW ROSTER.PAK IN MY GAME. I DOWNLOADED IT BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TU PUT IT IN MY GAME

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
incorporate...lol

replace the old roster.pak file in Documents and Settings/"username"/My Documents/EA Sports/user-"name"/roster.pak

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by sallu
ravi .... i did played ur one day patch and i the thing is i can make enuff score ut i dont coz i dont have patience and i get out early buthittin shot but wat i have seen that ur patch is good bu the problem is the fiedling...... someone should tr to change the fielding so that would be more fun to play

I am sorry mate, I couldnt grasp most of what you wrote. All I could understand was that the fielding setup needs changing to make it more fun. I agree with you with better fielding setup it will make for much interesting game but for now I dont see that happening or hope that Sam may surprise us all by releasing it.

Hero

Club Captain
Ravi

I want that in 10 match cpu plays very quick and go for 6 almost every ball in first 2 overs when fielders are in and last 2 overs as it plays such like that in only 10th over in your current patch.As in such matches we often see same kind of 6 hit displlay.Would you provide me the values so I can do that manualy.Take care

Users who are viewing this thread