Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

Gurjot95

National Board President
Post the bugs here which you find it Ashes Cricket 2009 and hope that developer fix it before release or release a official patch to fix the bugs. It will be easy for the developers to find and fix the bugs.

I think they should fix Stupid Run outs bug first.

Swingers

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ball hitting batsmen/bat then onto stumps and not given out "bowled".:mad:

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ball hitting batsmen/bat then onto stumps and not given out "bowled".:mad:

Now that is something which is a "Must Fix". Damn it rarely happens in cricket :(

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I know there has been problems with run outs in the 360 demo, however this appears to have been rectified in the PC one. I havent seen a single AI run out in any of my games as yet, they are nice and cautious.

I second the above bug though, happened to me this morning. Prior must have been shocked to get a run out seen as he was 30 feet from the action!

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Mitchell Johnson fielding a ball in the outfield and hitting the stumps directly....What?...It's not a bug?

Had an occasion where one batsman would stay at one side and the other would run to that same side. Resulting in two batsmen at one end. Nothing happened though.

piyumy

School Cricketer
stumps didn't flew as directly hitting by Johnson pace:eek: while bowling to ravi bopara

piyumy added 4 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

its reminds me the Gameplay of Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 with updated graphics & onscreen visual help & tips:spy

piyumy added 3 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

there is also the same problem of player names (because of unlicensed) of other teams except Australia & England.:doh

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I know there has been problems with run outs in the 360 demo, however this appears to have been rectified in the PC one. I havent seen a single AI run out in any of my games as yet, they are nice and cautious.

It's definitely in there on the PC too. I've had the AI run itself out around half a dozen times while playing on normal difficulty.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The best buig that i have seen, Struass completed 3rd run then decides to go for another whle the bowler has the ball in his hand :laugh

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Is this a bug ?? after the 3rd umpire decides the fate, we don't see any lights. The umpire only raise his finger or nod his head.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The best buig that i have seen, Struass completed 3rd run then decides to go for another whle the bowler has the ball in his hand :laugh

Yeps. The things that need to be fixed as a priority in my opinion are, in this order:

Edges: They don't fly as they should and top edges are totally borked. They should fly straight up into the air, or go over slips/keeper for four. All they do is just go a few metres in the air.

AI's Running: As outlined above.

Speed of ball: This should help with the edges problem and should give bouncers some danger. Right now, there is no danger with bouncers - they're far too slow.

Speed of Outfield: Far too slow - the ball could be speeding to the boundary and then it slows down far too much, as though the outfield is waterlogged or something!

Pitch bounce: We need to be able to bowl on a good length and not get clattered. The pitch is currently too bouncy on a good length. We should be able to bowl on a good length and hit the top of off stump.

Weird glitch: The ball was racing to the boundary, stopped, went backwards and then a fielder picked it up. What gives?? :eek:

Backward defensive shots:
When have you ever seen one of these race for four? Forward push yes, but not a backward defensive.

OK, most of these aren't bugs, but they do need fixing and should be fixed by the first patch.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Is this a bug ?? after the 3rd umpire decides the fate, we don't see any lights. The umpire only raise his finger or nod his head.

No, that isn't a bug - maybe it'll be in the full game. Remember, demos are meant as teasing snippets of a game - they can't possibly have every single feature. The full game might have different camera, 3rd umpire lights and so on.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
One other thing: I've been looking at some of these 'edges' and I'm positive they should be given as leg byes - as they appear to come off the pad - indeed, has anyone seen leg byes given?

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I decided to go for a down the track shot a totally missed ( was messing with different shots) and keeper got it and threw a direct hit and got me out as batsman just stood there making no effort to return to the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread