C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

khanashher

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Computer Gameplay

In Ashes Cricket 2009, the computer team uses only 5 bowlers even if other options are available. Is there a solution for this? Why does this happen?
My next question is about the bowling speeds. A Fast-medium bowler should bowl between 130-140 kph but bowls 120-130kph. Just look at the speeds of James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Umar Gul & other fast-medium bowlers. :mad

dazza1970

School Cricketer
spin bowlers

hi spinners cant bowl flippers or wrongins since i installed the 2011 world cup roster of players can anyone help

rohaan

School Cricketer
game craches when ball is pitched

hi friends,
i am having one issue.
i had played ac09 on my pc having following configuration,
win xp, 1gb ram, no graphics card.
game worked with lowest resolution.

now i am having laptop with following configuration.
win 7 64 bit, 4gb ram, and integrated graphics card.

now game gets installed properly and starts properly.
but problem occures when first ball is pitched. the game hangs.
i am having original cd and installed beta patches also the same problem persist.

though i am having higher configuration than my old pc why i am not able to play game. i am ok with if i have to run game with lowest resolution.

pls friends suggest me some trick so that i can play the game. as i had purchased laptop so i cant upgrade graphics card also.

thanks for you help.

Deadlee

School Cricketer
The "own stats" button is not working under the stats screen. How can this be fixed ?

Deadlee

School Cricketer
you have to be somewhere in the stats leaderboard for your stats to be shown.

How will i ever know my current stats . Like how many more wickets before i get into top20 ?
Surely the system is tracking it , why cant it be shown ?

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why does the "Lost connection to host" error occur while playing online on Ashes Cricket 2009 on the PS3 version & can this be rectified?, I would really appreciate an answer to this annoying problem.

It happens when there's an internet copnnection problem on your end or the other guy's end or if the other person quits (the latter being the most common reason). There really is no solution, just play with people that don't quit! :)

yas_ud

School Cricketer
I installed the two beta versions and my game is running
but my problem is that i found there were 6 beta versions in
total(given in readme which came along with 2nd patch)
are there any download links for the former four beta versions
given in the readme or they have been installed during the installation of the two official beta patches
please answer

tecnogamer

School Cricketer
Can I edit or customize the game on my ps3? like getting the patches on my ps3 version of ashes ? if yes, then how?

cricfan11

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another attempt to try and clean this forum up a bit.

Non gameplay related questions:
When is it out?
It is already released in the UK and for PS3 in Australia. Should be available for all formats in Australia on the 13th, and in India around that time too. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/ashes-cricket-pak-ind-54982.html - is the place to discuss getting it in India.

Will it work on my NTSC console?
If it is a PS3, yes. Otherwise you are out of luck, as far as we know it is region locked for PAL on Xbox 360. We don't know for sure on Wii yet, but don't order anything yet.

Will it work on my PC?
Probably not. System requirements are posted here, but giving the demo a go is the most accurate way of finding out, though many have had issues with the demo on computers that should be compatible.

Think that your PC should work but it doesn't? The following threads from the BLIC07 forum may help http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...a-cards-suffering-slow-performance-30946.html / http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...i-cards-suffering-slow-performance-30884.html

I can't get my gamepad to work on the PC version!
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...-ac09-century-stick-patch-download-56986.html is reported to work, but may not be perfect. The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows is the most recommended pad, and may well be the only fully supported one.

Use this thread to discuss PC gamepad issues: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...roller-support-360-degree-controls-56750.html

Gameplay:

I keep getting smashed around the park!
Light green is the sweet spot for bowling, which is more full than it should be. Having the pitch indicator light green and bowling light green on the meter will get the best results. A good tactic is to remember not to try to get a wicket on every ball, remember good cricket tactics, dot balls and variation are said to work well in the game.

Batting tips thread
Bowling tips thread

I can't catch!
When you see the ring appear around the ball and the slow-mo start, wait until the ring goes green and then hit A (360), X (PS3) or Enter (PC) to catch the ball. If you get orange, catching will depend on the player's fielding stats.

I think I've found a bug, what do I do?
Post in this thread: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...rum/ashes-cricket-2009-bugs-thread-57075.html

Can I edit the English/Australian players or add myself into their squads for the Ashes or otherwise?
For adding yourself into the squads (thanks Sureshot!):
Create yourself in the player editor, then go to squad editor and go to the Ashes squad you want to be in. Highlight a player you want to remove, click edit them, then remove player. You will now get a blank space. Click add player and it will give you a pool of England players on the right of the screen. Press right arrow on the D-pad and you will cycle through to the custom players. Then just click add.

If you can't customise the other players, then just delete and recreate them, time consuming but it works.

I can't install the patch! Help!
If you get an error about the patch not being compatible with your installed version, there are a few possibilities. If you bought the game through Steam or GamePlanet, the beta patch won't be compatible due to the differing copy protection. You should be fine with the final version of the patch, which on Steam at least should be updated for you (not sure how GamePlanet's downloads work, but in an email they said they should have the patch ready shortly after it is released).

If you did not purchase it online, then you are using a pirated copy of the game. If you downloaded a torrent of it or bought a copied disc, then you have pirated it. Once the final patch is released you will be shut out of online play, so use this time to make a legal purchase of the game and support developers who supported gamers. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/ashes-cricket-asia-54982.html should help most users.

If you purchased a legal copy of the game and it still does not work, then post in this thread, but if you are pirating don't bother.

(Anymore common questions? If you can write them in a Q&A style I'll put them in this post)

i bought a pc dvd game of ashes cricket 2009 i installed in my laptop (lenovo G460 - P6100 2.0GHz 2GB RAM, Intel HD integrated graphic card, it gets installed, it runs, i go into the game, i start the game, the bowler bowls the ball, the batsman plays the ball, and as soon as ball reaches to fielder, the game crashes, n my computer restarts with a blue screen.

P.S. i played it at very low detail graphics, and low resolution

s.suwadith

Club Captain
Pc error

Hey guys I was playing ashes cricket 2009 very well
my pc is ok with it
i mean it gets 40fps with the game
And i have a usual way of formatting my windows
suddenly when i installed win XP SP2 / XP SP3 The game said some shortcut error
and i read about this in forum and switched to win7 it worked perfectly. after some time i got bored in playing ac09 and uninstalled it properly
and yesterday i re installed the game
all the menu's went about 60fps
when i started the game the fps went 1fps
Exactly 1
i formatted my pc with win7 today
still it isn't working
so help me

PC SPECS
[email protected]
1.5GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD3650 Agp 512 MB DDR 2

ryankhan

Pirate
After installing the patch the game takes ages to Load and it gets bit frustrating. everytime it loads it takes ages...how to solve this issue, help plz?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After installing the patch the game takes ages to Load and it gets bit frustrating. everytime it loads it takes ages...how to solve this issue, help plz?

Are you sure? My loading time is better after installing the patches. :eek:

immyz

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Help

When I play online, while batting batsman stops at between the pitch. I think so many of online players are facing this problem. Any solution please.........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread