Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gotta agree that this man Mike Fegan does talk openly. Better than Chief by a country mile. July release though still sounds BS. Now I may be wrong but has he mentioned in any of these vids that the game would be out by July end or is it 505 playing this 'miss the date and give an apology' game? MS found bugs in AC13, PS submission still to be done. Well, Ross was right, as always.

What struck me the most was that when he was talking about the different coloured crowd, he hinted at the Australian crowd wearing Aussie colours in the stadiums from the DLC. So, is it that we won't have Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney grounds in the actual release? That'd be utterly stupid IMO.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Uhmm... May be that's the reason. Whatever it is, at least he sounds truthful. No matter how the game turns up but at least he got the guts to speak of the delay and talk of the submission updates. May be the general ppl don't know much about the submissions. Someone must post that submission timeline Ross gave us, over there on the fb page.
July anyone? August anyone? :lol

LittleChamp

Club Cricketer
Uhmm... May be that's the reason. Whatever it is, at least he sounds truthful. No matter how the game turns up but at least he got the guts to speak of the delay and talk of the submission updates. May be the general ppl don't know much about the submissions. Someone must post that submission timeline Ross gave us, over there on the fb page.
July anyone? August anyone? :lol

why don;t you? :P

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Also the specs are up
Those are very demanding considering the quality of the screenshots - though good to hear that my assumption on the lack of AA in the posted shots. Is that really something you turn on three weeks after your release date though?

To take them literally, my PC misses the minimum specifications because I've got an Athlon X4 instead of the newer AMD A6 - though it benchmarks better, hopefully there's not some processor feature it relies on that the A6 added.

Got no hope for those who struggled to run AC09. Another reason to save your money - and another reason all games on PC should come with demos - do something like the free-play weekends on Steam if you can't find the time to make a demo.

I'd consider upgrading my PC to get the most out of Big Ant's game, the Cricket Academy being perfectly fine with all settings on high means I'm somewhat confident in it running well as a whole, though my comment on demos applies to them too - but I'm not spending extra because a company couldn't optimise, which seems to be the only explanation for Ashes being so demanding.

They are out of 1st submission for MS XBOX, and they have found a lot of bugs! Will try to submit for the 2nd time on Monday.
They are still to submit for PS3
Then come out and admit you won't release it in July already! It took two weeks for them to get it out of submission - let's say they get it back in again on Monday and it passes - they would have four days to get it pressed and to retailers to be released in July.

I still can't fathom their answer on the catching system - you had the best ever implementation of fielding in a cricket game in IC2010 and you dumped it for having nothing! I'd understand if you were trying something new, but setting the field and bowling to the field doesn't make up for having no possibility of involvement in the fielding process. It seems you can't even pick the end to throw to!

Whatever it is, at least he sounds truthful.
I agree - but those very obvious cuts when it looks like he was about to discuss a lot of the answers suggests 505 are getting his answers and then cutting it down to avoid him saying anything that might actually answer the questions.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
I still can't fathom their answer on the catching system - you had the best ever implementation of fielding in a cricket game in IC2010 and you dumped it for having nothing! I'd understand if you were trying something new, but setting the field and bowling to the field doesn't make up for having no possibility of involvement in the fielding process. It seems you can't even pick the end to throw to!

It did have its own set of problems though. The cam went into slow motion and that was really annoying. It broke the flow. Moreover, the edges became predictable. If you are gonna put in DRS in an upcoming DLC, then that catching system would make no sense. But then, they could've thrown all that out and tried making a new one that didn't rely on slow motion cam and was devoid of that 'red-yellow-green-red' minigame. Alas, they removed the manual catching thing altogether.

----------

I agree - but those very obvious cuts when it looks like he was about to discuss a lot of the answers suggests 505 are getting his answers and then cutting it down to avoid him saying anything that might actually answer the questions.

True!

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Can someone please sum up the latest pod cast, my speakers are horrible :mad

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well confirms what I said about the DLC coming in November, being free and including Australian stadiums.
Instant replays DLC...

He said they're out of first submission for Microsoft. PS3 still not submitted.

Didn't get much out of that we didn't know already.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
This looks like it is going to be terrible, the graphics look completely unacceptable for 2013. I bet the gameplay is identical to the last version as well and that wasn't exactly amazing. I feel the long wait for a decent cricket game will go on.

Last edited:

sahilnatu

Club Captain
@Phineas and this apart from what barmy wrote up there...

PC specs:
Operating system: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 OS
Processor: Intel i3 or AMD A6 or above processor
Memory: 2GB Main Memory
Hard disk space: 11.0GB Hard Drive Space
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 400 or ATI Radeon 6000 series, 512MB, Shader model 3.0+ graphics card
Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX?: DirectX version 9.0c

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Instant replay in DLC? How does that even make sense? :facepalm

I really try hard to give this game another chance. But you hear stuffs like this and you know they havent done S**t in the past few years and hurrying a half baked game. I am pretty sure the DLC itself would be half baked.

Users who are viewing this thread