NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Anyone else think the AI is a little overpowered in T20s? They seem to be able to smash it from the off with ease.
I agree with you. From what I have played and observed is that for us to score well we need to be consistent by first scoring singles, doubles and build our way through which is fantastic. AI on the other hand hits boundaries from word go. I do not mind that if it is first innings or when AI is actually chasing like a huge score. I mean its difficult to perfect how quickly should AI chase or score but definitely feel they are tad a little overpowered.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To the beta tester, the videos about the game are promising. Thanks for the update so far.

Wanted to ask a question regarding SP (Skill points) in Career mode. Is there any update on that ? Many here has expressed their views on how a career player get SP by default without needing to perform.
Has @BigAntStudios team discussed about possible tweaks on this (if not now may be in later days)

Aditya130293

School Cricketer
Playing first Ashes test match. Playing as Australia. Lyon to Cook.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Idea of creating separate thread for beta tester posts is excellent , Hats off

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@Dutch Thanks for updates in the Beta thread. Good to see that a new build has been posted to Beta team today. As you are going to play T20 match, please check whether these were fixed in this build.

1. Stump Issue
2. How six hitting works now in T20 when batting? Is it still easy or good or very very difficult?

and ofcourse you already confirmed about testing AI field placements and AI chasing.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I agree with you. From what I have played and observed is that for us to score well we need to be consistent by first scoring singles, doubles and build our way through which is fantastic. AI on the other hand hits boundaries from word go. I do not mind that if it is first innings or when AI is actually chasing like a huge score. I mean its difficult to perfect how quickly should AI chase or score but definitely feel they are tad a little overpowered.
Yep, that's my experience. I know everyone seems to think hitting sixes is too easy but I don't find it that way. Sometimes I'll get into a groove and get a lot but quite often I'll end up lobbing them up and because the AI never drops a thing it makes it doubly risky and so I'm reluctant to try them. It's a tricky one like you say about perfecting it, I remember DBC 14 and 17 (certainly before any patching) it was a case that they could get to 150-170 but never much higher. Now they seem to go at 10 per over without difficulty, although I've not played as many T20s as I have ODI.

I can only think that maybe the confidence starts too high. The game I was playing I hit a single with one player and he was in the green.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Yep, that's my experience. I know everyone seems to think hitting sixes is too easy but I don't find it that way. Sometimes I'll get into a groove and get a lot but quite often I'll end up lobbing them up and because the AI never drops a thing it makes it doubly risky and so I'm reluctant to try them. It's a tricky one like you say about perfecting it, I remember DBC 14 and 17 (certainly before any patching) it was a case that they could get to 150-170 but never much higher. Now they seem to go at 10 per over without difficulty, although I've not played as many T20s as I have ODI.

I can only think that maybe the confidence starts too high. The game I was playing I hit a single with one player and he was in the green.
I have started experimenting by playing different formats. I for one think the T25 format is really good and AI plays it really well. Yesterday I had a game Afghanistan vs Nepal where Nepal lost 4 wickets for 20 runs and a superb partnership saw them score 180 runs in 25 overs loosing 6 wickets. The AI build the innings when wickets were following with well played Test esque defense and then hitting bad balls for boundaries. Lot of ones and twos as well.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have started experimenting by playing different formats. I for one think the T25 format is really good and AI plays it really well. Yesterday I had a game Afghanistan vs Nepal where Nepal lost 4 wickets for 20 runs and a superb partnership saw them score 180 runs in 25 overs loosing 6 wickets. The AI build the innings when wickets were following with well played Test esque defense and then hitting bad balls for boundaries. Lot of ones and twos as well.

How do you play it?

My ODI in rebel tours I play as t25 8 over powerplay with 3 men out rest of the innings 4 men out and had some really good matches

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have tried a 50 over match based on the old 15 over powerplay and then 5 men out. Problem is, for whatever reason, the AI don't put 5 men out so it can be a bit one sided - especially when I usually get four or five wickets in the powerplay.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
How do you play it?

My ODI in rebel tours I play as t25 8 over powerplay with 3 men out rest of the innings 4 men out and had some really good matches
My T25 format is

1. Restricted bowling which means 5 overs each from bowlers
2. Powerplay with for first 5 overs with 3 men out as you play
3. Rest of the innings max of 5 men out.

I was happy that Nepal (AI) did not fold and actually played and build a nice innings.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Okay here we go: Twenty20 International:

Pro, batting medium, bowling hard, fielding hard,

Grassy but grubby pitch....nice: me batting as The Netherlands....see if we can put on a score.....what are we testing?
1. Six hitting easy/hard?
2. AI run chase (they are batting second so that's good)
3. The catches not being given.....have now got auto fielding....since then havent come across it.
4. AI death bowling and fielding.....do they want it?
5. Pitch wear...we have quick wear on.
6 Dynamic conditions? Grassy and hard, should be zippy, should be bounce, should be seam, should be swing under the lights and cloud cover.

Give suggestions as to how to play it in the discussion thread!

View attachment 206993

View attachment 206994

View attachment 206995

View attachment 206996

Can you check if AI bats a little tad more aggressively ?

D

Deleted member 185125

@Dutch Great job with the updates. I do have a request. However it is not just pertaining to T20, but batting animation in general. The cut shot that goes to mid off and the prod shot which kicks in for aggressive/loftd offside shots, hope you can test these out. Thanks in advance.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Has the stumping issue been fixed and can you slide your foot back in now?
Batting has improved which is great but has square cut been fixed and late cut introduced into the game?
Does drs have more impact in the game with more potential dismissals like thin edges or edges of pants/thigh guard or did the catch carry?
Just wondering will there update on players appearances and equipment?
Beta testers are doing great job keep up the work

Users who are viewing this thread