Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Thieves

Club Captain
Yeah we love to switch the game off when we lose a wicket or 2. There's no restart option, but that cheat does wonders for me. Please dont ask big ant to look into it.

D

Deleted member 185125

The last few months have been more than just testing, it’s been us asking for stuff and then tweaking that stuff until it’s how we want.

Rather than just getting a build to test. Been a nice amount of freedom
I'm sure all the good changes we see and hear is definitely to do with all the hard work the beta guys have put in. And Hats off to whoever has got the batting late feature included. :cheers
Now that your Test match is almost over, would it be ok to ask you to try out an ODI? Batting surface if possible.
Thanks in advance mate.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Shouldn’t it be other way ? Shouldn’t the pause be queued until the end of the delivery and save the game? Just my feel, that way people can’t pause and restart when a wicket falls while batting. May be as a request I would like @BigAntStudios to look into this.
It's a design choice, that doesn't impact you - leave it alone :P

Like you said, you paused it as you got caught, the game wouldn't save until the ball is called dead - you would still have to replay that wicket anyway whether it saves at the start of a delivery, or at the end (technically they are the same thing!)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@WealeyH @Llewelynf @Dutch
Hi, This is just a suggestion. Is it possible to change unorthodox shot button as hold instead of toggle. It will be easy to change shots at last minute if its hold. I mean if we are trying to play unorthodox shot and held the button. Now at last minute if we see ball pitched wide or short and if we want to play normal shot then we can release the button so that normal shot can be played.

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
The below delivery looked out to me real time and I instantly appealed but umpire said not out so had a review

But on review got this..Got the same frustration if I had been in the ground bowling same delivery..

View attachment 207796

Can I just check, this one was given not out and stayed as not out, right? I've had some LBWs that hit outside the line of off stump given as out before, so just wanted to ask.

Thanks

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
@WealeyH @Llewelynf @Dutch
Hi, This is just a suggestion. Is it possible to change unorthodox shot button as hold instead of toggle. It will be easy to change shots at last minute if its hold. I mean if we are trying to play unorthodox shot and holded the button. Now at last minute if we see ball pitched wide or short and if we want to play normal shot then we can release the button so that normal shot can be played.

Isn’t this how it works already? At least in classic controls...

kushari

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congratulations @funnyadit Well deserved inclusion in the beta team, and looking forward to huge contribution from your end to make this game even better. Now that @zimrahil has spilled the beans that @funnyadit is actually @Dutch 2nd account, I need to be very careful henceforth not to offend you in any which way ;) . Great work @WealeyH, @Llewelynf @Dutch with beta testing, game is already looking awesome now, you guys did trememdous work along with Big Ant Team responsible for patching Ashes Cricket, hope its not too far now.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Isn’t this how it works already? At least in classic controls...
Yeah it doesn't work in that way in standard controls. Many of my friends play using standard controls. LT on xbox control is not used in standard control. They can assign that button for unorthodox shots as hold button. Not sure whether it can be changed now but they can consider it for at least next iteration.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah it doesn't work in that way in standard controls. Many of my friends play using standard controls. LT on xbox control is not used in standard control. They can assign that button for unorthodox shots as hold button. Not sure whether it can be changed now but they can consider it for at least next iteration.

Ok - maybe look to specify things like that when providing feedback. Fairly important to distinguish between something that is working as intended, and something that is not

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can I just check, this one was given not out and stayed as not out, right? I've had some LBWs that hit outside the line of off stump given as out before, so just wanted to ask.

Thanks
Yeah was given not out and stayed so after review...

Users who are viewing this thread