Ashes Cricket in Asia

hramnani

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whatever the price, am ready to pay for the original one. :clap

Am eagerly waiting for this one. Looks superb and the hype around it is making me go BANANAS. :banana2

With the original disc, a PS3 and PSN I can challenge one of us PC guys.... and maybe WIN... :happy

So, please stop PIRACY... only we can do it... :help

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Whatever the price, am ready to pay for the original one. :clap

Am eagerly waiting for this one. Looks superb and the hype around it is making me go BANANAS. :banana2

With the original disc, a PS3 and PSN I can challenge one of us PC guys.... and maybe WIN... :happy

So, please stop PIRACY... only we can do it... :help
Many guys who support piracy here will also buy original copes of AC09 the only condition is:

You have to pay their bills :p

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You my friend, are the reason that PC gaming is on the decline, and soon we'll see next to none of it.

If you can steal a refridgerator and get it for free, why pay 10000+ bucks for it? If you can steal a PC, why pay so much to get a good one?

You don't, then why steal games? If the manufacturer of the product has set a certain price, you don't think it is rightly priced you don't buy it. You don't go around stealing it...

Also, even though your point about short availability of original games in Ind / Pak is valid, your intentions are foul and evil. By your logic, even if codies offered the game for 500 bucks you'd choose the pirated one because its 450 bucks less?

Foolishness? So you're trying to suggest that stealing is smart and paying for something is foolish?

You know what, when you buy the original game, you pay to the original developer. When you buy the pirated one, you only pay the person illegally pirating it for you.

its not at all my fault because I am unable to find any original CDs here.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
its not at all my fault because I am unable to find any original CDs here.
Then either import it, or don't have it. Regardless of how much money you have, the game still costs the same to make. Games get cheaper over time, so being patient and either saving up money or waiting for the game to lower in price is the only way to go if you say things are too expensive.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Then either import it, or don't have it. Regardless of how much money you have, the game still costs the same to make. Games get cheaper over time, so being patient and either saving up money or waiting for the game to lower in price is the only way to go if you say things are too expensive.
Matt, many countries will not export to Pakistan - very rarely can you use eBay here and have somebody willingly ship to Pakistan, and I believe Amazon refuses to ship to Pakistan and not only that, the likelihood of it getting lost in the mail here is quite high (unless FedExed or DHLed).

And yeah, original CDs in Pakistan? Sorry, but that's the biggest joke ever :) Piracy isn't really a crime here, so actually people in Pakistan are not really doing anything wrong by their country's laws.

And then of course we have all seen the ethical / moral debate about piracy.

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Matt, many countries will not export to Pakistan - very rarely can you use eBay here and have somebody willingly ship to Pakistan, and I believe Amazon refuses to ship to Pakistan and not only that, the likelihood of it getting lost in the mail here is quite high (unless FedExed or DHLed).

And yeah, original CDs in Pakistan? Sorry, but that's the biggest joke ever :) Piracy isn't really a crime here, so actually people in Pakistan are not really doing anything wrong by their country's laws.

And then of course we have all seen the ethical / moral debate about piracy.

Yes dear that's what i want to explain.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Yes dear that's what i want to explain.
I think codemasters price their products little high in here I had asked for BLIC 05 the shopkeeper said Rs.1500 and I bought EA Cricket 07 at just Rs.999. They should keep prices competitive with ea.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've now gotten word on this directly from Codemasters, so many thanks to them for clearing this up.

Now the game will be released in India and Bangladesh on all formats (PC, 360 and PS3, with the Wii version coming later on). From my understanding of the email, the Wii version will be available as an NTSC game, however the details are still to be confirmed in relation to the Wii version of the game, so that may change. But there is some hope at least of an NTSC release and the glory that is 480p.

The game will be called Ashes Cricket 2009 in these regions, and there will be no specific covers for them, with a 50/50 split of the Aussie and UK ones.

Pricing wise:
Xbox 360, 1999 Rs
PS3, 2199 Rs
PC, 499 Rs

The game is expected around a week after the UK release.

As for Pakistan, there is no official distributor there at this stage.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
PC, 499 Rs
thats great but its not price its matter of finding orginal CDs.

adit142

Club Cricketer
hi

i am gonna buy like gta IV if it is confirmed it will be for just 500 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread