NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So with the game on the verge of releasing, it would be nice like DBC 17 we review, give our opinion/impression in just one single thread and not open individual thread for every review. I will post mine here and lets just keep this thread as posting reviews/impression.

Happy Gaming folks!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking forward to the opinions. I am unsure whether I should get this game or not so I hope we see some real good reviews without the bull crap. I would suggest perhaps including a rating as that could also help myself and many members who are also unsure whether to buy the game or not. :yes

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My copy of the game arrived today.

I have played day one of the first ashes test and can say this game is an improvement on Don Bradman Cricket in almost every respect. Gameplay is much more intuitive and the new animations are linked together so much better so game feels realistic. I have only done the bowling and using the classic controls it is challenging, realistic and rewarding. The sounds from the crowd also good and make the experience more immersive.

The only initial slight concern that I have is the bowl going through the bat on the PS4 (video below) this happened on 3 occasions with one resulting in a wicket:

I will do a much fuller review once I have done a bit more playing but initial impressions are very positive. Well done @BigAntStudios and team.

DN4ngel23

School Cricketer
My copy of the game arrived today.

I have played day one of the first ashes test and can say this game is an improvement on Don Bradman Cricket in almost every respect. Gameplay is much more intuitive and the new animations are linked together so much better so game feels realistic. I have only done the bowling and using the classic controls it is challenging, realistic and rewarding. The sounds from the crowd also good and make the experience more immersive.

The only initial slight concern that I have is the bowl going through the bat on the PS4 (video below) this happened on 3 occasions with one resulting in a wicket:

I will do a much fuller review once I have done a bit more playing but initial impressions are very positive. Well done @BigAntStudios and team.

What score would you have given for DBC 17? And what score would you give Ashes Cricket?

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
What score would you have given for DBC 17? And what score would you give Ashes Cricket?

In DBC I would have got the AI all out by the end of the day for a score ranging from 300-400, I always felt that it was way to aggressive. On this the AI were 284/4 at the end of day 1, I felt that I was able to restrict scoring in a more realistic way and that my field placings actually had a positive effect.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Review/Early Impression

Note that this early impression is based on roughly 4 hours spent on the game today playing 1 entire T20 match and 1 session of test match. I have no experience in career mode yet and will make no comments on it.

So well hello, with Ashes Cricket 2017 out, @BigAntStudios have raised the bar even higher and when I say that I mean it. After watching videos of @mazd & @blockerdave for 3 days now finally as the clock stuck 12.00 am on 16th the game was available for playing. I had already pre-ordered the game and downloaded it roughly 5-7 days prior.

As soon as I started the game, Nathan Lyon welcomed me :p The face scan of him looks surreal and the menu screen is really good. The font and colors used in the previous edition gave me a hard time but already I could see the font change and it was a +1 in comparison to previous editions. I did not want to play the game straight away so I went and downloaded @Llewelynf 's team and rated it 5 stars. The academy looks better with few less clicks but that was part of the patched up previous edition. So no major changes in academy, not any I specifically saw but I could be wrong.

Once that was done it was game time, I started Australia vs England random T20 match at WACA. The game as soon as it finished loading I saw Match Delayed first. I further saw Reduced Match or Match Reduced Due to rain. WOW! I mean there was rain but I had never encountered overs reduction. The match was reduced to 16 overs a side. England(Me) won the toss and elected to bat first. Due to overhead conditions and recent rain the ball was swinging and seaming a lot. Initially I was unable to play the match but eventually got hang of it. The best of Australian bowler Starc was at his usual best and it was awesome seeing him swing through me. +2 points here, first for overs reduction and actually feeling the pressure of pitch. I kept on loosing wickets and it was evident that confidence does matter. Hales, Root, Morgan who hit runs were able to connect and those who were new were feeling the pressure. That is as close to real cricket as possible. I eventually scored 118/8 in 16 overs with a late blitz from Plunket. Now was the main part the AI chasing who did not take more risk in previous games.

David Warner came out and what do I see? A six first ball :( . Good for the chasing team but I was heart broken :p I continued bowling and it seemed as if the pitch had flattened out. Zampa who was getting turn, Starc got swing but my bowlers did not bowl well. The only time I actually found out how to bowl was with Plunkett. Once again confidence matters and as Plunkett was confident he was able to bowl dot balls and swing it in. Other bowlers were hit badly and were wayward. In the end Aussies won comfortably.

11-16-2017_3-19-10_AM.png

Coming on to the test match. Never been more excited playing a test match and trust me in previous editions I have never completed any session let alone test matches. I started as England and the first test were we won the toss and elected to bat first. Starc and Hazlewood were bowling superb and all I could do is play and miss or defend. Evenutally as I have been saying confidence matters, Cook and Stoneman built up their confidence and built a strong opening partnership. Australia kept changing bowlers but of no use as I kept defending and hitting bad deliveries for boundaries. +1 for confidence system

One superb thing I noticed and you will too if you view the video is that when Nathan Lyon was bowling, I was constantly defending, Aussies changed field and got a bat pad catcher. Now I had to play shot and in that process lost Alastair Cook. This kind of experience will be only possible in a Big Ant game and I would like to thank @BigAntStudios Ross and his team @mikeymerren @HBK619 on a job well done and a fantastic game. This will make up for some not so good things that happened with previous edition.

With Mo-cap and license I feel Cricket Games under BA can go a long way and the crisp shots to some stunning player scans I am in love with this game already. Its 4.00 AM and I still do not feel sleepy. A special thanks to @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch, @SnowyCasanova and other beta testers, your contribution will always matter and last but not least, @Llewelynf without whom playing wont be fun as his creations gives us the variety.

I would rate 4.25/5 and would keep 0.75 for bug fixes and patch to be applied for 2 major bugs that I find annoying, AI not taking enough singles and batsman cannot go back to crease against spinner and getting stumped. These are already mentioned by others so wont raise it again.

Edit : This is game just by these two modes is nothing like DBC 17. If you have DBC 17 its also good to support this game and buy it. You will utilize every penny out of enjoyment of this game.

Last edited:

fanirama

Club Captain
Here's some review type observations on the game -

Overall - pretty good. I'd say about 8/10

1. run out bug. Clearly out but not given -
@33 second mark
2. no day/night cycle still
3. red ball is hard to see esp after hitting it
4. edges are good
5. ball bounces like a cheap rubber or plastic ball
6. crowds roar and chant in an open stadium with like 50 people. Stadium noises are sometimes wrong this way
7. commentary is stupid at times. Hit the ball and she says bowler is lucky not to be called a wide
8. graphics are a bit sub par tbh
9. menu thankfully all on one page and more intuitive layout this time
10. lack of some animations for shot types causes you to get bowled. Square cut makes the batsman take a side step exposing stumps and getting bowled needlessly. Flick sometimes causes this back step expose bowled as well
11. many player faces look spot on and good
12. however, some animations look really ridiculous - a cover drive made the batsman's wrists spin ridiculously to hit it still to mid wicket!
13. some animations are satisfyingly nice with a nice bat follow through
14. umpire gave meaningless bouncer warning on last ball of over
15. difficulty and other physics tunables are a nice touch
16. bad clipping problems and batsman constantly walking into the stumps and wk and batsman walking through each other
17. ball doesn't show any wear and tear. Looks nice and shiny after 10 overs like brand spanking new shiny
18. on good note, don't need to constantly adjust batsman at the crease finally.
19. uneven ball speed on the field - sometimes it just flies off to a dab and reaches boundary in about 1-2 seconds

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In one word my review on this game is 'Simply Superb / Fabulous / Fantastic ' , great game ever made till now.

Enjoyed till now every bit of what ever i have played

--- shots looks awesome.
--- Slips catches against spinners is mind blowing , something we use to see rare in previous editions.
--- Smooth Game-play on my PS4 PRO.
--- Realistic reactions in ball - bat connections and many more.
—- Customs players & Club Teams feature awesome.

There are few suggestion areas:

--- AI running should be better , at-least singles should be taken if hit at deep fielders.
--- Editing and Sharing Default Field positions should be available.
—- Career mode International Player rankings

Will let you know if any thing else.

Thank You @BigAntStudios take a bow. :clap

My Rating...

9/10

Last edited:

issue

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's some review type observations on the game -

Overall - pretty good. I'd say about 8/10

1. run out bug. Clearly out but not given -
@33 second mark
2. no day/night cycle still
3. red ball is hard to see esp after hitting it
4. edges are good
5. ball bounces like a cheap rubber or plastic ball
6. crowds roar and chant in an open stadium with like 50 people. Stadium noises are sometimes wrong this way
7. commentary is stupid at times. Hit the ball and she says bowler is lucky not to be called a wide
8. graphics are a bit sub par tbh
9. menu thankfully all on one page and more intuitive layout this time
10. lack of some animations for shot types causes you to get bowled. Square cut makes the batsman take a side step exposing stumps and getting bowled needlessly. Flick sometimes causes this back step expose bowled as well
11. many player faces look spot on and good
12. however, some animations look really ridiculous - a cover drive made the batsman's wrists spin ridiculously to hit it still to mid wicket!
13. some animations are satisfyingly nice with a nice bat follow through
14. umpire gave meaningless bouncer warning on last ball of over
15. difficulty and other physics tunables are a nice touch
16. bad clipping problems and batsman constantly walking into the stumps and wk and batsman walking through each other
17. ball doesn't show any wear and tear. Looks nice and shiny after 10 overs like brand spanking new shiny
18. on good note, don't need to constantly adjust batsman at the crease finally.
19. uneven ball speed on the field - sometimes it just flies off to a dab and reaches boundary in about 1-2 seconds

Yeah i agree on some of your valid comments they can rectify them in upcoming patches....add them in bug report thread so that Bigant are aware of them

Users who are viewing this thread