By golly old chap - you've only gone and done it Big Ant

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
By the Sounds of it so far

Offline : 8/10
Online : 4/10

So it probably depends which version of the game your playing , and that will make you either Love it (Offline) , or bitch and moan and wait (Online) .

So sadly , I will have to wait , until a future Patch gets Online right again , and then will dive right into this.

Thinking of exchanging ashes with "skyrim VR and get back to good old Dbc 14( only batting)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bit harsh there big ant wouldn’t like to here that

A bit annoying hearing "Well you paid £40 but some of us had access to a way better game earlier on"

Still enjoying it immensely, but I don't know why we have to have patches that a whole load of beta testers haven't given any sort of green light by the sounds of things.

graham

Club Captain
That’s a real shame , like the beta testers said change one thing and effects other things in the game .
I have played loads 1.5 and it’s still a great game, it’s so close .
Far better then Dbc 14 /17 , lets hope we get a 1.6 to tidy a few thing up :arwk:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
A bit annoying hearing "Well you paid £40 but some of us had access to a way better game earlier on"

Still enjoying it immensely, but I don't know why we have to have patches that a whole load of beta testers haven't given any sort of green light by the sounds of things.

Everything will be fine, have just rewound to an old school build. Little bit of patience and you guys will love it. Back to the days of fine lil nicks etc[DOUBLEPOST=1511617590][/DOUBLEPOST]
That’s a real shame , like the beta testers said change one thing and effects other things in the game .
I have played loads 1.5 and it’s still a great game, it’s so close .
Far better then Dbc 14 /17 , lets hope we get a 1.6 to tidy a few thing up :arwk:

The aerial shots and lack of edges have ruined 1.5 for me. Plus batting is far too easy

Rhone

International Cricketer
Everything will be fine, have just rewound to an old school build. Little bit of patience and you guys will love it. Back to the days of fine lil nicks etc[DOUBLEPOST=1511617590][/DOUBLEPOST]

The aerial shots and lack of edges have ruined 1.5 for me. Plus batting is far too easy

How's a fix for AI running singles coming along?

Redfive

School Cricketer
Everything will be fine, have just rewound to an old school build. Little bit of patience and you guys will love it. Back to the days of fine lil nicks etc

How does the Xbox build equate to these PS4 1.03/1.05 etc? Not seeing a lot of these issues, certainly not finding batting too easy...

Do get the stumping issue but able to combat it as user by stepping back in crease. More an issue when it results in cheap wickets when bowling as AI stumped off leaves etc.

For me the gameplay is a different level to previous games, as someone that has predominantly batted before I've bowled more overs on Ashes already than I think I did in '14 and '17 combined.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
How does the Xbox build equate to these PS4 1.03/1.05 etc? Not seeing a lot of these issues, certainly not finding batting too easy...

Do get the stumping issue but able to combat it as user by stepping back in crease. More an issue when it results in cheap wickets when bowling as AI stumped off leaves etc.

For me the gameplay is a different level to previous games, as someone that has predominantly batted before I've bowled more overs on Ashes already than I think I did in '14 and '17 combined.

Yeah release day version is nice in my opinion!! Got spoilt but the bug bandwagon demand instant changes!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Has anyone else found wickets hard to come by in career mode? I'm on Veteran/Medium and I didn't pick up a single wicket in 30+ overs. Most likely I'm a muppet and bowl trash

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Has anyone else found wickets hard to come by in career mode? I'm on Veteran/Medium and I didn't pick up a single wicket in 30+ overs. Most likely I'm a muppet and bowl trash

You're playing the One-Day format at the moment right? In DBC17 it was the same that I found wickets much harder to come by in 50 over games than in other formats, especially in career mode. The difference this time I've seen from watching your videos is that the AI is a lot more aggressive than in DBC17 so they are actually smashing you around the park rather than hitting a lot of dot balls to keep your average down.

Pcuser

Club Captain
Ps4 has had what 2 patches? and poor ol xbox 0 patches. Don't tell me its going to be like dbc17 where we waited 4 months for a patch.
there are quite a few bugs need fixing on xbox. Like runout and stumping bug. Your player just stands there instead of getting back in his crease.
Just to name a few. No point posting them in the bug report part as there already been quite a few already. Over all tho the ashes is a lot better than expected.
Also players catching the ball with their backs turns away from the ball need fixing as its not a good look. Am i happy with the buy yes 100%

AliKhan215

Club Captain
By the Sounds of it so far

Offline : 8/10
Online : 4/10

So it probably depends which version of the game your playing , and that will make you either Love it (Offline) , or bitch and moan and wait (Online) .

So sadly , I will have to wait , until a future Patch gets Online right again , and then will dive right into this.
On point mate. Won’t mention any names, but people on Planet cricket tend to become rude whenever you post negative feedback, or bug reports about online. And when frustrated people that have been waiting for this game for ages comment something with anger, people here that have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE about online mode come and reply with bad attitude.

kulch

Club Captain

I've had to bring the match difficulty down to amateur to take wickets. I put this down to career player being so crap early on. In comparison in ashes mode I rolled England for 150 under the same difficulty, so it's your career player being such a rookie early on

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I've had to bring the match difficulty down to amateur to take wickets. I put this down to career player being so crap early on. In comparison in ashes mode I rolled England for 150 under the same difficulty, so it's your career player being such a rookie early on
Yeah, plus the team's overall ratings that you play are around 70 whereas we start at 40.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ps4 has had what 2 patches? and poor ol xbox 0 patches. Don't tell me its going to be like dbc17 where we waited 4 months for a patch.
there are quite a few bugs need fixing on xbox. Like runout and stumping bug. Your player just stands there instead of getting back in his crease.
Just to name a few. No point posting them in the bug report part as there already been quite a few already. Over all tho the ashes is a lot better than expected.
Also players catching the ball with their backs turns away from the ball need fixing as its not a good look. Am i happy with the buy yes 100%
one patch for PS4 was to bring PS4 in line with XOB which was close to the PC version, then they cocked that up so patch 2 was to fix that... so whats your problem again?

Users who are viewing this thread