Asia Cup 2018 - UAE (September 2018)

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bhumi

Club Captain
Is Shehzad batting incredibly well or the others have been pathetic? When I turned of at 65-0, Javed was doing a good supporting role. What happend then?
Freaking Rayudu dropped Shahzad on 49 off kaul, which cost india 75 more runs

Scorecard looks like 1896 game
27*
1*
7 extra

Kuldeep 6/0/8/2

Bhumi

Club Captain
It's incredible to see the percentage of runs Shahzad has scored out of his teams total. The scorecard looks bizarre. One big score and after that all single digit scores.
D.Martyen 116* out off 191 scored on most difficult track in ODI but Viv Richards was
Best 189* out of 272 vs England in Eng

Bhumi

Club Captain
Other 5 not even hit single 4 till 152 balls than shahzad.

India might Need 265 plus as M.Nabi take charge after Shahzad exit.

So flat wicket rahul might enjoy I do not know why he known #1 in T20i Only?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Though I am enjoying the return of MS Dhoni, the India captain, I am surprised they did not think of giving Dinesh Karthik or KL Rahul the captaincy for this game. I mean, MS Dhoni has officially retired from captaincy and if we are looking towards the future, it makes logical sense to give captaincy to Karthik or Rahul. Dhoni anyways is the unofficial captain even when Virat Kohli is captaining the side.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
If Afghanistan make around 260 this game could become very interesting with their bowling attack. Reckon they'll be able to put up a fight if not actually defend the total. I've been amazed by how Afghanistan produce such mature cricketers despite being so young as a team, every game they have someone to stand up for them and deliver with the bat. Exceptionally coached.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If Afghanistan make around 260 this game could become very interesting with their bowling attack. Reckon they'll be able to put up a fight if not actually defend the total. I've been amazed by how Afghanistan produce such mature cricketers despite being so young as a team, every game they have someone to stand up for them and deliver with the bat. Exceptionally coached.

252 they've got. I think its a very good total, but it looks like Rashid has pulled a hamstring. Afghanistan's hopes will depend on how well can the physio resurrect Rashid and help him get back on the field at his best. If Rashid is not fully fit, it will massively tilt it in India's favor.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Afghanistan get to 252. Hopefully this will be a good chase and the Indian batting order tested. Rashid seems to have something to do with his hammy, if hes fit and all then he and Mujeeb could prove a challenge for India.

Khaleel Ahmed bowling a very good last over. I think he should play more leading up the WC. There will be some nice variety in India's bowling attack if he plays as a third seamer. So far he's done very well in his first two games, even if it's against HK and Afghanistan. I think he's shown quite a bit of potential and should be included on NZ and Australia trips in the winter.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Afghanistan get to 252. Hopefully this will be a good chase and the Indian batting order tested. Rashid seems to have something to do with his hammy, if hes fit and all then he and Mujeeb could prove a challenge for India.

Khaleel Ahmed bowling a very good last over. I think he should play more leading up the WC. There will be some nice variety in India's bowling attack if he plays as a third seamer. So far he's done very well in his first two games, even if it's against HK and Afghanistan. I think he's shown quite a bit of potential and should be included on NZ and Australia trips in the winter.
Plus he is the only left armer in the pacers group

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Yes. Khaleel seems to show potential and can be pretty good at the death, with the right kind of guidance. To me, just the fact that he is a left arm seamer should ensure (hopefully!) that he is picked ahead of the likes of Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar and Sid Kaul.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
That's plumb. Why would you even review it ? DK should have done a better job in that (if Rahul had asked for his opinion).

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So I know a lot of people are auditioning for that number 4 spot in the team. If I have the choice, I would select one of these two options:

(1) Bat KL Rahul at number 3 and push Virat Kohli to number 4. I know that Virat has batted most of his career at number 3 and of course has an amazing record at that position. However, the weak link for this Indian team is the middle order. I think the top order even with the inclusion of Rahul at number 3 is still pretty strong. Middle order with Kohli at 4 and MSD at 5 being the two most experienced players in the squad should make it much more stronger than what it is right now. Kedar Jadhav and Hardik Pandya to follow at number 6 and 7.

If we go by that logic, my team would be:

Dhawan
Rohit
Rahul
Kohli
MSD
Jadhav
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

(2) Another option is to have MS Dhoni bat at number 4. I still think he is an ideal candidate to bat at that position in this team. He doesn't have the game right now where he can come in and start hitting from ball 1. He does need a bit more time to settle in but once he does get settled, he does bring out those big hits. I think number 4 position will give him some time to settle out there and most of the time he won't be needed to hit from ball 1. Now he has struggled to rotate strike in past couple of years against the spinners but he still has the game where he can build the inning.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
MSD
Karthik/Pandey
Jadhav
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think this is poor from Afghanistan. I know they want to keep Rashid and Nabi's overs for the end overs but giving bowling to part timers will just allow both these batters to settle in. I would have kept Rashid on for at least a couple more overs vs Dhoni especially.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So I know a lot of people are auditioning for that number 4 spot in the team. If I have the choice, I would select one of these two options:

(1) Bat KL Rahul at number 3 and push Virat Kohli to number 4. I know that Virat has batted most of his career at number 3 and of course has an amazing record at that position. However, the weak link for this Indian team is the middle order. I think the top order even with the inclusion of Rahul at number 3 is still pretty strong. Middle order with Kohli at 4 and MSD at 5 being the two most experienced players in the squad should make it much more stronger than what it is right now. Kedar Jadhav and Hardik Pandya to follow at number 6 and 7.

If we go by that logic, my team would be:

Dhawan
Rohit
Rahul
Kohli
MSD
Jadhav
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

(2) Another option is to have MS Dhoni bat at number 4. I still think he is an ideal candidate to bat at that position in this team. He doesn't have the game right now where he can come in and start hitting from ball 1. He does need a bit more time to settle in but once he does get settled, he does bring out those big hits. I think number 4 position will give him some time to settle out there and most of the time he won't be needed to hit from ball 1. Now he has struggled to rotate strike in past couple of years against the spinners but he still has the game where he can build the inning.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
MSD
Karthik/Pandey
Jadhav
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah
We can try Rayudu at #4. He was good in past and he is in good form. Rayudu is perfect for that going by his form. I would say even Pandey is good but there is no way he can enter into the team. Honestly nowadays Dhoni is just a liability to the team. Putting him at #4 is going to slow down the innings.

EDIT- Rahul's review cost us Dhoni.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think Kohli being at possibly the world's fittest right now and in the zone of his career, should be easily able to flex his position in the batting order. I dont think he HAS to absolutely bat No. 3. Yes he is a top order batsman but he is also a very good T20 batsman. And if the top order goes well and Kohli has to bat No. 4 or 5, he can treat it as a T20 game with 20 or less overs to go. I feel Rahul, Kohli and Dhoni can play musical chairs as far as their batting position is concerned. That way, Rahul can play most games. With his batting talent, I back Rahul to cause a lot more damage than Ambati Rayudu or Dinesh Karthik.

Edit: That's 2 in 2 failures for MSD in this series with the bat. Very tough situation where the selectors cant drop him (due to his stature) and he himself thinking that he still has it in him. Can't blame him for sticking on.

Users who are viewing this thread