Asif and Akhtar Positive for doping!

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
aus5892 said:
Agreed they should be punished, but I'd say around a year, the same went out to Warney when he took drugs.

I dont remember saying that the players in question time time around need a life time ban.

sid_19840

International Coach
Do any of you guys know about the B sample? Has that been found as guilty as well,because if thats not been done yet there might still be hope that these players are not guilty.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well its really sad news because I like both players. But sentiments aside, both players should be punished if found guilty of doping, i.e, if the second sample also tests positive.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
wow ive nearly lost my respect for Pakistan having supported them whole of my life being born in England makes me think i should support England because i really hate stupid people that do things that are unecessary, they have talent use it like other players do, they dont take drugs so why do these lot need to i always used to say Pakistanis have to be complicated, & i think i was right!!!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 said:
Do any of you guys know about the B sample? Has that been found as guilty as well,because if thats not been done yet there might still be hope that these players are not guilty.
I havent heard anything but in sports anti-doping tests the b sample almost always produces the same result. Its more to check the testing procedure is ok rather than the sample given.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
But sentiments aside, both players should be punished if found guilty of doping, i.e, if the second sample also tests positive.

Oh Please, it's like ball tampering, everybody does it but the axe falls on Pakistan.
Unfortunately for Pakistan, this time it was their own coach and board swinging the axe, by carrying out the tests.
Without steroids, it will take forever for fast bowlers to recover from injuries, and what is now a dying breed (fast bowlers), will become extinct.
Freaking Stupid ICC which exists on another planet, keeps making and enforcing these ridiculous rules.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
s2sschan said:
Oh Please, it's like ball tampering, everybody does it but the axe falls on Pakistan.
Unfortunately for Pakistan, this time it was their own coach and board swinging the axe, by carrying out the tests.
Without steroids, it will take forever for fast bowlers to recover from injuries, and what is now a dying breed (fast bowlers), will become extinct.
Freaking Stupid ICC which exists on another planet, keeps making and enforcing these ridiculous rules.
I don't think everybody does it, which is why you have players who have been out of the game for a long time (such as Simon Jones and Shane Bond) recovering from injuries.

As for your second point, it may be somewhat valid, but it is hard and foolish to try and draw a line in the middle of the usage of artificial methods to improve your strength. What would you suggest...? Only fast bowlers can use performance enhancing drugs? Or anyone? And we don't know how it will actually affect the game if a large majority of people are using performance enhancing drugs, because this situation doesn't exist, currently.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
s2sschan said:
I dont find banning anabolic steroids rediculous in the least. Anyone who uses them deserves to be caught and banned. If it is widespread maybe other cricketers and physios will get a wake up call.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I read somewhere that the ICC can't punish Pakistan for this because it was the PCB who carried out the Tests. If this is true then I find it silly that cricket's governing body can't intervene in such a big matter. The ICC need to make an example of these two so that any other potential drug users in cricket learn not to do it.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
sohummisra said:
I don't think everybody does it, which is why you have players who have been out of the game for a long time (such as Simon Jones and Shane Bond) recovering from injuries.

As for your second point, it may be somewhat valid, but it is hard and foolish to try and draw a line in the middle of the usage of artificial methods to improve your strength. What would you suggest...? Only fast bowlers can use performance enhancing drugs? Or anyone? And we don't know how it will actually affect the game if a large majority of people are using performance enhancing drugs, because this situation doesn't exist, currently.

I am not saying ICC should sanction Drug Use. But players should be able to use certain relatively safe steroids to recover from injuries as long as they have legitimate prescriptions from qualified doctors.
There are some very harmful Steroids which should be comprehensively banned.
The steroid thing is a murky affair because Maradona was banned from the World Cup for using nasal drops.

evertonfan said:
I read somewhere that the ICC can't punish Pakistan for this because it was the PCB who carried out the Tests. If this is true then I find it silly that cricket's governing body can't intervene in such a big matter. The ICC need to make an example of these two so that any other potential drug users in cricket learn not to do it.

Well, the PCB has not allowed the two to participate. So there's no need for the ICC to step in as long as these two clean-up before playing Cricket.
PCB did its own pre-emptive testing and resolved the situation.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's a very slippery slope because as soon as you allow athletes to take any drugs at all then suddenly kids are being pressured to take them too.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Oh, I was at school and I got so depressed, seriously! :(
Finally when our team is back on track everyone is fit and one day before the big SL match I am so pumped up our two most important players does this? :eek:
I don't think we are going to win tomorrow... This is the first time I am saying this.. :(
Really a shame... A scary thought what if they won't play the WC?
Both will be missed!!

Users who are viewing this thread