Ask Questions to EA Sports Producer Andrew Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcress2000

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There will be bugs in the game, all new games have bugs, what I want to know is can you promise that you will produce patches after the release of the game based on some of the issues we find or will you just completely ignore everyone and the bugs, once you have got our money?

gold639

International Coach
My question is the same as Brad.Its the major factor when it comes to gameplay.

denver82

School Cricketer
You can tell that there is a lot of hostility to previous releases and while some of it may be spiteful, it is fairly justified. I don't want to say that we were duped into buying Cricket 2004 but the complete lack of any demos, publicity, ect on the product made it very difficult to get a realistic expectiontion of what was coming up. My first question is this,

1) for the second most popular sport in the world are we going to see such a limited (and rediculously delayed in the UK) release like last year?

2) Has HB-Studios been given access to the engines and features of other EA titles like FIFA or Madden?

3) Moving on from another question that was asked earlier, is there real AI in this game (for batting, bowling and fielding) or 'scripted' AI that gives a rather wooden feeling to the game?

4) Are you proud of the game? Does it represent something that you feel is a true breakthrough for cricket fans, as you yourself attest to being?

Last edited:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Heres another one.....

When you did this Q+A session for Cricket 2004, you said your job was on the line with regards to Cricket 2004. So how have you managed to keep your job? Should we take it from this that the standards EA sets itself for cricket games are very low?

sachin_sizzling

School Cricketer
Ho ow ho oew wowowowowo guyzzzzz....hold on!!!!

whats all about this...i am damn sure that the commentry is gonna be a sucker,the gameplay is gonna be another damn sucker,the graphics part,they say,is more or less rugby-like,well then will sourav look like some big fat new zealand rugby fella or something??or will dravid look like a stout american rugby man?????whats all up with this....i still feel EA are juz trying to fool us around like they did last time...anyways this is all what i wanna know....
1 - Are the game developers and all those tech. guys the same as the ones who were around for the 2004 thing????(well, if yes,am sure those guys lack cricket brains,better stop releasing cricket games and go rock the futbol and rugby world)BLIC wuld give us a better performance,am sure!!!!
2 - from the screenshots i get to see in the background that the crowd and the adboards are very similar to the last version,is this gonna be the same stuff at the time of release too???
3 - will the ball-swing,bat-swing of the batters,batting styles,bowling styles,player animations,genuine beatens outside offstump,etc be more realistic rather than being game oriented????(wuld look pathetic again if not)....
4 - why cant u people sign someone like sheri(Navjot Singh Sidhu),Ravi shastri,Harsha bogle,Ian Chappell,etc for commentry????this panel wul certainly score over the BLIC panel am sure!!!!but its all upto u fellas if u ever wanna give us a worthy game????

All in all EA means "Ever Annoying".....BLIC means "Best Lot In Cricket"

This is what is in the minds of all ardent cricket fans mind..and by any stretch of imagination its not as easy as u(EA) think to erase bad labels!!!! :noway

All i can do is pray and hope for a better performance this time :hpraise :rolleyes:

OllieWoods

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why do Gamecube users never get EA cricket games released on our platform? If you can put the game to PS2, surely it can't be hard to convert and release it on the GC?

pandupavan

School Cricketer
Are the crowd sounds going to be real?
Are the player faces are real?

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
One more question from me in 2 parts ---

Modding is an important part in a game these days.

1. Will player/stadium/kit editors etc. be distributed with the game to make it easier
for people to mod Cricket 2005 ?
2. Will you have some tutorial website for people who don't know how to mod and want to learn ?

joesaadati

Club Cricketer
Can we get players wearing hats, caps wraist bands armquards etc either fieling or batting. What about the outfields and pitches could we have these more realistic looking and actually getting the wear and tear of the pitch showing as the game progresses what about t.v style camera views, will there be coin toss with actual captains and the commentor in the middle of the pitch tossing up the coin just like the real thing. Can there be drinks cart brought on to the field for drinks break just like the real stuff. what about different pitchad just like the real game like two different pitch ad from either side of the wicket. What about the inner circle white line used in the onedayers. Also the sightscreens can we have ads displayed on them like front of batsman no ads displayed but behind the batsman on the other sightscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread