Australia A in Pakistan

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia A reached 273-7. Jaques 114 runs, Watson 44 runs and White 59no.

Pakistan A reached 176ao. Bazid Khan on 95.

Good win by Australia A.

Pakistan A wins the Test series. Australia A wins the ODI series. Still surprised about the fightback that Pakistan A had shown. :)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Who said Aus couldn't produce another McGrath. Bracken 7 overs 2-15. Sounds very McGrath like to me. :D Jaques is awesome, he should be opener right now. He is at the peak of his powers.

White also should be in the ODI team. His lower order batting has been Bevan like. He should take the spot Hayden has opened up with Hussey to opener and White to 7.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
aussie1st said:
Who said Aus couldn't produce another McGrath. Bracken 7 overs 2-15. Sounds very McGrath like to me. :D Jaques is awesome, he should be opener right now. He is at the peak of his powers.

White also should be in the ODI team. His lower order batting has been Bevan like. He should take the spot Hayden has opened up with Hussey to opener and White to 7.
You and your wild calls... with you as a selector Cameron White would end up playing more games for Australia than for Victoria :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
angryangy said:
You and your wild calls... with you as a selector Cameron White would end up playing more games for Australia than for Victoria :p

:laugh wouldn't you love me to be a selector then? Anyway from what I have seen of White he has saved Aus A's butt who knows how many times with a 50, and same goes for Vic. He is there as a batter like Hussey was.

He can also bowl but only if its a spinning track or he has learnt how to contain batters.

Sando

Club Cricketer
White, like Watson are tantalising prospects. Both are exceptional batsmen, already of an international standard (particularly Watson, both athletic in the field. It's just the bowling that is a concern. I don't think White has the capacity to be a big wicket-taking bowler, so hopefully he can work on his accuracy and be a containing bowler in ODI's.

I reckon Whitey has a fair way to go until he could be picked as a Test all-rounder.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
White and Warne are different players. White is more a all rounder and will get into the side through his batting currently. Warne well you know what he is.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
White has a good hitting ability aswell. Australia might need his services because they fail to accelerate in the final overs of the match.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think White is going to be a batsman. Trouble is, he is a pretty useful bowler at times.

Tough call, but I think he seems to be the reverse of Richie Benaud. Richie was a brilliant cricketer, who became a tremendous leggie first and a batsman second. Whitey is clearly a brilliant cricketer and it seems it's his batting abitlity that is blossoming first. I'd love to know what Richie thinks on this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread