Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question...if Katich was to fail again in this test match, do you think this would see Hodge getting a chance? hes been quality at leicestershire and lancashire

What James meant was that he had a rhythm problem when he was playing for Durham (a couple of seasons ago).

it was last season, and i was there, he got smahed all over the Riverside ground, not to mention how many no-balls he bowled.

Yes he is fast, but from what i saw it just meant the ball went even faster to the boundary.

Eddie said:
it was last season, and i was there, he got smahed all over the Riverside ground, not to mention how many no-balls he bowled.

Yes he is fast, but from what i saw it just meant the ball went even faster to the boundary.

Excellent news. Freddie could take a liking to him.

Yeah i do.

And Tait has performed in the recent Australian season and is looking in good form as he his langer i think in the groin in nets.

JamesyJames3 said:
Just a quick question...if Katich was to fail again in this test match, do you think this would see Hodge getting a chance? hes been quality at leicestershire and lancashire
soz this it the quote

The_gas said:
Excellent news. Freddie could take a liking to him.

Like any bowler at the start of their career, they progress quickly. There was zero hype surrounding McGrath in his early first class days, or indeed the start of hs career with australia. Tate has been earmarked for a while now as our next strike bowler - and even after being named the aussie young cricketer a couple of years back, he has improved a stack. i saw him bowl at the waca earlier this year - he was scarily unplayable at times. check this article out from the game - http://content.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/145828.html - did he knock over good quality top order batsmen? Justin Langer, Murray Goodwin (ex Zimbabwean, awesome batsman), Chris Rogers (made a double ton against the aussies one of the tour matches, probably second/third in cue for an aussie batting birth) - the fella can bowl. But in the second innings, he only took a couple of wickets for 100 odd in 23 overs. Mind you WA has a world class batting lineup that would (does) destroy almost every touring international side (chuck Martyn, Gilly, Hussy and Katich when the ODIs arent on too - atleast i think katich is back from NSW). Sean Marsh (son of Geoff) made a ton in that match, i have no doubt he'll wear the baggy green soon enough too. But just like Brett Lee, and even Harmison, he can go for a few if you attack them.

Reports of the 4th test pitch over hear suggest it's a wacaesque looking surface. No doubt this will suit the english pace machine with the new and old ball as well, but Tait is a finer exponent of swing bowling than any aussie bowler they have faced thus far. But, he is 22, and this is a bloody big test match to debut in, so he's going to have to start well or he could be expensive. will be interesting if he becomes the target now Gillespie is gone - i suggest the pace of Tait might just bring about the undoing of batsmen if their objective is intimidation.

I would've loved to have seen them give Symonds a second chance...would be difficult to drop katich again, but the added option of decent off spinners / medium pace, combined with solid attacking middle order batting is an option Ponting so desperately needs.

Last edited:
Brett Lees twin by the sounds of it. Although i've heard he can spray the ball a bit.

Been alot of rain in Nottingham, expect it to not bounce much or turn (Warne exception).

haha, (warne exception) yeh he spins it on anything, i think aussies will win thise and then england the next itll be a drawn series but aussies take the ashes cos last time we did

JamesyJames3 said:
No chance pal! Englands got this one in the bag already! :p

No. Wrong.

It's 1-1, meaning that Australia have it as much "in the bag" as England do.

Yes, England have a slight psycological edge, but so dod Australia after Lords - we stole it back off them, they are perfectly capable of taking it back from us.

if ' having it in the bag' means unable to bowl out the tail, england have it in the bag very much so!

I think we should have a Jamesy Vs Langeroxx thread in the general section. Where insults can be exchanged freely. Make it happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread