Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryand

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Headingly has always been this way.I still remember the two day test match between the Windies And the English

Briggsey

International Coach
Masterful innings from Ponting today, finally hitting some form which is bad news for us ahead of the tests, hopefully we can get him out cheaply in the final natwest series game and dent his confidence again.

I am still sure that the result of the natwest series will not have a huge baring on the tests and test cricket and ODI cricket is completely different, sure the Aussies will most likely be favourites now to take the natwest series but that is only a minor blemesh in what has been an outstanding 3 years for England, especially in test cricket so not much should be read from the results of this series or the series before that as test cricket is a completely different ball game.

Game on!

Sureshot

Executive member
My view on todays performance/match:

First up Congratulations to Australia we were out played today mainly be Lee, McGrath and Ponting. Flintoff had some time at the crease which is good news for england.

I thought the groundsman didn't make the pitch off to a fair standard, with it being green first up and then turning dusty later on. (this would have been my opinion even if Australia batted first.

it sets up the series nicely going to Oval and it's new ?25million stand.

I think the sub player rule doesn't work in Cricket. Because teams should be going out with their strongest team not their strongest team plus another player to help them along. I also think this could do harm in the dressing rooms.

Only problem i had today (apart from our performance) Was Vaughan getting out. Ok he didn't play a shot but the ball was going over the top by 3 cms. Yet Lehmann still said he should have been given out. First rule of LBW is that it shouldn't be out if it's not hitting the stumps. Oh and Pietersen will not be in the test team for the Lords test now. As he failed today. Plus Thorpe balances the side out well.

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
Wonderful innings by Ponting. That one six he hit was amazing! That six came out of no where. He just flicked the ball and it went for six...That was an classical shot.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Good comeback from Australia !!!
Thay have to beat England ...... though endland is in good from ....anything can happen ....Aus have to serioulsy make comeback ...fightback....

squiz

International Coach
Sureshot said:
I thought the groundsman didn't make the pitch off to a fair standard, with it being green first up and then turning dusty later on. (this would have been my opinion even if Australia batted first.
It's amazing what groundsmen can do with a pitch between innings *rolls eyes*

This was the first time that both teams had the same playing conditions. Both had a great batting pitch, and no cloud cover. Need I say more...

Also what has Simon Jones done to deserve his spot in this side?

Ryand

Club Cricketer
Good win for the aussies.Well played Ponting,looks like his back.One more to go at the oval.I think Gillespie should rest for this one(he's not deserved his place in the side) and comeback for the four day warm up match before the Ashes.C'mon Australia

sachin

International Coach
squiz said:
In case you haven't noticed, Lee's probably the best One Day International bowler in the world currently
No,squiz, as far as i know i haven't noticed anything as drastic as that!Maybe you give up the 'I Love Lee' thing,best to quit when your ahead. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread