Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
we get confident not arrogant, and if we're arrogant what are the Australian cricketers? the commentator i was talking about was Slats who is very australian.

squiz said:
Ponting's 30, still got a good 5 years left in him

There's another batsmen who is 33 and i can't remember who, Gilly, Hayden?

ZexyZahid said:
Aleem Dar is back. That's good news. Bowden make some strange decisions. :(

He had a good last day though, Bucknor can be very good sometimes but other times it's frustrating.

Annihilation66

Club Cricketer
Hes just joking and if they think they can win 5-0 and it was a target for them fair enough. 5-0 should have been a target for England aswell

Englishandproud

Club Cricketer
JamesyJames3 said:
Annilation66 I have come to the conclusion that you are an IDIOT.

HeHe well said JamesyJames3, he is just arrogant and comes up with a load of crap, as you have said England only need to win one of the tests and the other one a draw to win the Ashes.

Anyway come September 12th 2005 we will see who is the best. Theres still alot of cricket to play n theses tests yet, anything can happen :D

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Annihilation66, you need help. You've been posting the same non-sense again and again. England have played well in the last two test matches, put the Aussies on the backfoot, and are on top in this series. I know its not right to be over confident, but that doesnt mean you dont praise a team that has played well.

And even though it was only 2 runs, we did BEAT the Aussies at Edgbaston. And had it not been for the rain on day 3, we would BEAT them again at Old Trafford.

I suggest you post some constructive comments in the future.

Annihilation66

Club Cricketer
I have agreed that you put them on the back foot in the series but even with them on the back foot you have not beaten them convincingly on the cards.

2 runs and a draw which looked like it could have been a win at one point in the match.

And Englishandproud yeah i made 1 mistake in a post well ****ing done. And we will see come September who wins the ashes even though it does not bother me too much.

Just because i defend the Australians as i have a lot of respect for them and on a lot of websites and on TV everyone seems to be having a go at them.

Australia were said to have predicted 5-0 but the likes of Hoggard coming out and saying that Warne and Mcgrath is losing it is a bit arrogant dont you agree.

How can i be arrogant, u could say i was when talking about India but not when talking about 2 neutral teams to me.

Ryand

Club Cricketer
The toughest part is over for the aussies.They now have time to reasses their performance and get hodge in the side who played so well in england last season

kalyan

Club Cricketer
Hi guys, look at these Stats !

Most sixes hit against Australia in a Test series

The five sixes hit in England's second innings of Manchester Test took their series aggregate of sixes to 26 (four sixes were hit in the first Test at Lord's, 16 in the second Test at Birmingham and six in the third Test at Manchester).

This is now the most number of sixes hit by any side against Australia in a Test series. The previous record was of 23 sixes hit by South Africa in a five-match series in 1966-67.

The following table lists the most sixes hit against Australia in a Test series:

6s For Season Venue Tests

26 England 2005 England 3#
23 South Africa 1966-67 South Africa 5
22 South Africa 1969-70 South Africa 4
22 India 1997-98 India 3
22 West Indies 2002-03 West Indies 4
21 New Zealand 1999-00 New Zealand 3

# still continuing

Courtesy : Rediff

:cheers

Last edited:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Annihilation66 said:
England fans dont have much hope really though. After the first test votes said that everyone thought that australia would now win the ashes. But they have fought back but u think that u are too god and it could lead to your downfall.

What goes through the fans heads and what goes through the players heads are two completely different things.

You go on about us being arrogant when we start winning etc. but what about the Australian's? They have been the most arrogant side around, yet you respect them. The Australian's have every reason to be arrogant, they are a supurb side that has won just about everything in recent history. You can't go into a series against the Australian's feeling scared of them, you have to give them a taste of their own medicine, which we are doing and its about time!

Sureshot said:
There's another batsmen who is 33 and i can't remember who, Gilly, Hayden?

Damien Martyn.

Annihilation66

Club Cricketer
Yes but they didnt go around criticising individual players in the England camp. They said that they thought that they couls win every match. Words manipuliated etc etc so u think they can win 5-0 "yes"

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The bull**** goes on. Just for the record, the Aussies did criticize Vaughan, Trescothick, Strauss. Hoggard and Giles before the Ashes started. They even questioned Pietersen's ability in test matches. No one can be as cocky as the Aussies.

Annihilation66

Club Cricketer
Yeah your bull**** does go on. But how about we put it behind us and discuss the ashes.

So who would like to see Symonds. I would. also i think Hoggard could be sacrificed for Anderson although he could get swing at Trent Bridge.

Tait for Gillespie thats almost certain now. Unless kaspro sneaks it

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Annihilation66 said:
So who would like to see Symonds. I would. also i think Hoggard could be sacrificed for Anderson although he could get swing at Trent Bridge.

Tait for Gillespie thats almost certain now. Unless kaspro sneaks it

Definitely not Anderson, he'd go at 5-6 an over against the Aussie's. IF Hoggard were to be replaced, it would be Tremlett who comes in.

I don't think Australia will change the battin line-up just yet, but I agree on Gillespie being replaced, it certainly hasn't helped them having what has basically been 3 bowlers this series.

Sureshot

Executive member
Replace hoggard at trent bridge? yeh right, Hoggard bowled well in the 2nd innings, Vaughan should use him more often.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
With regards the arrogance debate there have been some very provocative posts by the Aussie members here for as long as I can remember aimed at England fans. (:p) That's why I said going into this series that my aim was for England to compete properly and come out with their heads held high whatever the result.
No-one at all can doubt that this series is proving a lot more difficult for Australia than they predicted and it's a just great to see an England side in an Ashes series that isn't defeated psycologically before the first ball is bowled.

On a lighter note, I'm off to the Grange tomorrow to see Scotland play Australia so hoping we can do a Somerset/Bangladesh!!! :p (both teams we've beaten in the past year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread