Australia ODI side named

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Selectors turn their minds to picking a World Cup-winning team

quote said:
POSSIBLE SQUAD: Ricky Ponting (Tas), Michael Clarke (NSW), Doug Bollinger (NSW), Brad Haddin (NSW), Nathan Hauritz (NSW), Brett Lee (NSW), Steve O'Keefe (NSW), Steve Smith (NSW), Mitchell Starc (NSW), David Warner (NSW), Shane Watson (NSW), Ryan Harris (Qld), James Hopes (Qld), Chris Lynn (Qld), Daniel Christian (SA), Callum Ferguson (SA), Shaun Tait (SA), Xavier Doherty (Tas), Tim Paine (Tas), John Hastings (Vic), Brad Hodge (Vic), David Hussey (Vic), Andrew McDonald (Vic), Clint Mckay (Vic), Matthew Wade (Vic), Cameron White (Vic), Mike Hussey (WA), Shaun Marsh (WA), Mitchell Johnson (WA), Adam Voges (WA).

Take out McDonald & Lynn for Nannes & Finch & you have the perfect 30 IMO.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Wow OMFG. I hope to go the BCCI had nothing to do with this. Since if they weren't this is a ridiculous decision by the ICC.

That decision will affect not only AUS WC preparation, but a few other teams as well.

Wow.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Just be clear. I was intentionally having a dig at the BCCI.

I was simply wondering given the WC is being held in India. If they possibily could behind this odd insistance for teams to name their WC 15 fans so soon. Since in past world cups that never happened

But i aslo clearly said in that post, that if they had nothing to do with it. Its just another horrible decision from the incompetent ICC.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well the 30 man squad is named: Hodge is in it!! And Hauritz!! The selectors are forgiving after all...
ICC World Cup 2011: Australia pick Brad Hodge in initial World Cup squad | Australia Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Squad: Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Doug Bollinger, Dan Christian, Xavier Doherty, Callum Ferguson, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, John Hastings, Nathan Hauritz, Brad Hodge, James Hopes, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Shaun Marsh, Andrew McDonald, Clint McKay, Steve O'Keefe, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Shaun Tait, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

And no Nannes or Finch War :D

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Australia definitely have the strongest possible 30 of any participating nation. Abundance of options. Expect them to win once again. *sigh*

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Glad they picked Brad Hodge. He would be Australia's best batsmen ATM.

War

Chairman of Selectors

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Solid against the West Indies, desperately inconsistent against everyone else. Make of that what you will.

cricket12345678

School Cricketer
I personally feel. Australia is better team in odi. So england have lot to do in this series

War

Chairman of Selectors
With Ponting out for the entire series basically. This would be my XI:

Watson
Haddin
Clarke
D Hussey
White
M Hussey
Smith
Hastings
Johnson
Bollinger
Tait

Ferguson, Lee, Nannes, Christian, Hauritz/Doherty, Paine/Wade, Warner, Hodge (maybe) will also play a part.

P

pcfan123

Lee over Johnson surely? Lee's been tearing it up in domestic. His pace is over 140 and his accuracy is just fine.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I wanna see Warner in ODI. Usman at 3.

Watson
Warner
Usman
Clarke
Hussey
White
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
?
?

I would love to bench Clarke and push Haddin at 4, and let Hussey captain.

----------

RIP English

And I thought ACB picked a beast Aus squad and you are reacting to that. I had to check page 1!

That guy burned up the place! Breat Lee? sh...

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I don't often do teams, but here's mine.

1. Watson
2. Warner
3. Hodge
4. Clarke
5. Hussey
6. White
7. Steve Smith
8. Lee
9. Doherty
10. Stuart Clark
11. Tait

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
lol doherty, he would get smashed to all parts, he's not overly quick and he doesn't spin the ball.

here's what i want to see, maybe against associate nations it might work.

1. Shane Watson
2. Brad Haddin+
3. Brad Hodge
4. Michael Hussey
5. Cameron White*
6. David Hussey
7. Steven Smith
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Brett Lee
10. Ryan Harris/Peter Siddle
11. Doug Bollinger

D Hussey & Steven Smith are the two spinners and 4 fast bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread