KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I think it's a mixture of fans being fickle & Australia finally having multiple good options for the AR role (Hardie, Green, Sutherland)
It’s quite impressive that there are a lot of folk out there who also think Green is purely overhyped

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Mitch Marsh as Aussie captain. Not a great option,IMO- highly injury prone. I understand he seems to be the in-form player, but giving him captaincy might back-fire. Similar structure as Hardik Pandya- could have early successes but dont expect him to linger long enough.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mitch Marsh as Aussie captain. Not a great option,IMO- highly injury prone. I understand he seems to be the in-form player, but giving him captaincy might back-fire. Similar structure as Hardik Pandya- could have early successes but dont expect him to linger long enough.

He’s injury prone but this isn’t out of the blue like Hardik who only had a strong dressing room presence and good vibes previously. MMarsh is an experienced leader who has been captain for both his state and BBL teams and I’m sure he’s been captain for various Australian pathway teams. The race was between him and Head who isn’t a regular in T20Is. I’m also sure he’s got more white ball captaincy experience than Cummins who as far as I know was only a captain for one season of the Marsh One Day Cup.

EDIT - Cummins has only been captain in two international white ball games and zero in T20Is. Given Marsh doesn’t bowl much in white ball cricket these days I wouldn’t be surprised if he does stay more fit these days.

LeCarb

School Cricketer

In my opinion, Mitch Marsh is perfect for this. It's hard to imagine anyone else. Even his injury prone nature is not a significant disadvantage. It doesn't take away from his leadership qualities. He will lead the team from the bench :)

noducksallowed

Club Captain
Wow not a single post after THAT win?

No Aussies on here?

Anyway, what do Australia look to in the limited overs format?

I can't imagine Starc and Hazlewood playing longer than CT 2025, if that. Who can replace what has been an all time great duo? Cummins himself is likely to drop a format in the years to come.

The batting looks similarly hamstrung with Warner likely to retire end of season, SMith not really looking at his best in LOs, Labuschagne more of a make shift inclusion and various other guys the wrong side of 30.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Anyway, what do Australia look to in the limited overs format?

I can't imagine Starc and Hazlewood playing longer than CT 2025, if that. Who can replace what has been an all time great duo? Cummins himself is likely to drop a format in the years to come.

The batting looks similarly hamstrung with Warner likely to retire end of season, SMith not really looking at his best in LOs, Labuschagne more of a make shift inclusion and various other guys the wrong side of 30.
Batting: Bancroft, McDermott, Hughes (short-term), McSweeney (he is starting to come good), Renshaw, Davies, Macdonald, Fraser-McGurk (all are highly rated but need some polishing)

AR: Green, Webster, Hardie & Sutherland (batting needs to improve)

Bowling: Ellis, Hatcher, Morris, Johnson, Kuhnemann, Rogers, Jhye Richardson (so many fitness issues for now) Sangha, Fergus O'Neil, Salzmann (all are highly rated but need some polishing)

Keeper: Inglis, Carey, Philippe & Whiteman.

A lot of players in grade cricket with potential to become good players too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread