Story Australia - The New Breed [2010/2011 Ashes Series - Magnificent Melbourne]

Who will the 2010 Allan Border Medal?

• Mitchell Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuart Clark

• Peter Siddle

• Simon Katich

• Brett Lee

• Michael Hussey

• Brad Haddin

• Total voters

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Big loss against the West Indies, all of our bowlers went too expensive in their first innings. Good write up mate

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheers guys, but I'm getting pretty annoyed at the moment!

My bowlers are all in terrible form and I don't think I can get them out of it! They are all on 1 or less stars. :(

Not good signs, I don't know who I should drop or keep for the second Test. North may be on the verge of losing his spot. Ferguson or Dave Hussey could be on the cards.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Well don't worry about strike rates but economy has more of an impact than averages but averages definitely help. This is only OD advice.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Well I'm in the Test matches aren't I you clown! :p

There are going to be some announcements soon regarding selection for the second Test.

Thanks to Australian selector, cricketdudemad.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Cricket-Australia_Logo.jpg
fe4c7387-76f5-46ac-93fd-7d44cb4fc787west-indies-cricket-board-logo.jpg

2nd Test Match

Australia Make Drastic Changes As Bowlers Do Damage

90404.jpg

Lee on fire early in this second Test, getting the wicket of Bravo

The Australian side for the 2nd Test has gone undergone a massive changeover, with the suprise inclusion of David Hussey, Shaun Tait and Peter Siddle. Marcus North loses his spot to the in-form Hussey who has scored runs for Victoria. Whilst the injured Stuart Clark is out of the side, in for Tait who is returning to Test cricket for the first time in a long time and Siddle has already forced his way back into the team after being dropped for Brett Lee in the opening Test, Hilfenhaus who was very ordinary in the first Test makes way for him.

P.Hughes
S.Katich
R.Ponting (c)
M.Hussey
M.Clarke
D.Hussey
B.Haddin (wk)
M.Johnson
B.Lee
P.Siddle
S.Tait

Australia has already taken the upper hand in this Test with all the bowlers bowling very well in the morning session, leaving the West Indies at a very poor, 5-84. Lee has come out a new man this morning, bowling in the high 150km/h's, with Siddle backing him up well at the other end. With the Windies already in this bad position the bowlers will be looking to finish them off cheaply, giving the openers plenty of time to get ready to pile on the runs.

33dxhkx.jpg

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah for sure, Johnson is in terrible form at the moment, can't seem to keep it tight or get a damn wicket!

Hooper added 19 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Australia Cruise to Victory

97546.jpg

Ricky Ponting after scoring a vital hundred in the second innings

The West Indies have dropped the second Test match, losing to the Australians by 6 wickets late on the fourth day. Now with the series back level at 1-1, Australia will be looking for a victory in the third to secure the series. Man of the match, Peter Siddle was just too good with the ball in both innings, claiming a 5-fer in the second innings. His match figures of 9-114 were the difference in this match. Australia needing to chase 229 in the final innings started of shaky with the dismissal of Hughes of the first ball of the innings, but a magnificent captain's knock from Ponting, who scored 116, made sure Australia got over the line with more then a day to spare. Michael Clarke steered the team home with a chanceless half century. Debutant Dave Hussey was good in the first innings, unlucky to miss out on a half century. The form of Mitchell Johnson is a worry as he was unable to get any major breakthroughs, there will be a lot of pressure on him to retain his spot with spinner Nathan Hauritz the likely inclusion at the expense of him.

Man of the Match: Peter Siddle 3-56 & 6-58
105312.jpg

devg9l.jpg

OffCutters

International Coach
Good batting from Ponting in the 2nd innings, also great bowling from Peter Siddle, taking 9 wickets in the match. Good win from the Aussies, we just cant have us losing to the West Indies can we? :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
No ways! I was worried after they slogged us in the 1st, but with winning the second I reckon we can win this series.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Hauritz Recalled For Sydney Test

105926.jpg

Hauritz fronting the media conference this morning in response to a recall

Australian Test spin bowler, Nathan Hauritz, is set for a recall to the 3rd Test of this series after Australian selector, Merv Hughes had this to say;

"Nathan is going to make a return to the team, the last pitch offered nothing to a spinner so we went for Taity for that extra seamer, but for team balance we'll need a spinner on a pitch like this. Unfortunately Tait misses out."

Australian pace bowler Shaun Tait had this to say in response;

"I'm pretty disapointed I didn't get selected for the next Test, but its good to know I'm back in the selectors minds now..All I need to do is do well for South Australia and I know I can win my spot back"

85319.jpg

Tait is back and firing again for AustraliaThe third Frank Worrel Test match is from the SCG, starting tomorrow.

OffCutters

International Coach
Good to see Hauritz back, very underrated bowler, can actually spin the ball a little bit. I just hate his stupid face.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Come on you bloody Australian's. Good to see Hauritz recalled for the third test.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member

Australia Clinch Series 2-1

105656.jpg

Mitchell Johnson was in the wickets coloumn this match, much to the delight of the fans

Australia has produced a fantastic performance in the third and final test match to win the Frank Worrell trophy, 2-1. Australia crushed the Windies, winning by 141 runs. Opener, Phil Hughes finally found some form with the bat this series to score a great 145, in a great partnership with Ricky Ponting who also got a hundred. Brett Lee was fantastic, snaring 7 wickets for the match, with all the bowlers chipping in with a few wickets each. The West Indies were never really in the game from the get go, after Hughes' and Ponting's massive partnership on day one.

Man of the Match: Phil Hughes 145 & 11

105693.jpg

sawcux.jpg

Player of the Series: Brett Lee w/ 15 Wickets

brettlee11.jpg

With the 3 Test series complete, Pakistan fly over to Australia for three test matches, one 20/20 match and five one day internationals.

Users who are viewing this thread