Story Australia- Through the World Cup (Cricket 07)

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hopefully there will be something new and fresh he will do. Like a brand new Idea. I bet he will with Australia's innings.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Scotland are trying their best. Lets see how it goes from here because, last 15 overs are very crucial. They need to spend time to stay till the last ball.

Fantastic presentation :hpraise

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Come on Aussies! We're just too awesome for words. Nice pressy mate, keep it going!

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
yeah hopefully there will be somthing new next 1, 2 ,or 3 updates coz he certainly has the potential to do heaps with his graphics.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I have done most of the graphics but I still have a few more to do. Its a bigger update than the others because I'm doing the rest of the innings (24 or26 overs)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Australia vs Scotland
Group match

92958411_202c57677d_m.jpg

At the halfway mark the game was pretty even but Scotland knew they needed to lift the run rate. Bracken and Clark were going through the overs keeping it really tight and giving Scotland nothing. The pressure was building on the two batsmen, especially Watts who opened the innings and was yet to reach his 50. Ponting was starting to get anxious to get a wicket because he knew if these two were in when the last 5 overs came around Scotland could easily hit a lot more runs. He decided to bring on Hogg who struck straight away with the wrong’un that went right through the gap. It was a well deserved wicket as Hogg had been bowling wonderfully beforehand.

Hoggwicketcopy.png

When Bracken finished his 10 overs Ponting brang on Brett Lee to try and spice things up. He knew how good Lee was bowling earlier and how fast he was bowling and hoped that Lee could make the batters lose confidence in the later stages of the innings. He started well bowling fast and the batters just couldn’t get him away. He was bowling fast and was mixing up his line and length. The batters were getting top edges and were getting beaten by pace constantly. Watts and and Lyons weren’t looking comfortable and Watts had a lot of pressure on him since he has been there since the start of the 50 overs.

Leecausingtroublecopy.jpg

But Watts managaed to handle that pressure good and started playing some shots and was edging closer and closer to his 50. He eventually brought up his 50 against McGrath with a monstrous six over fine leg. McGrath tried to bowl a shorter one but Watts eyes lit up and just hooked it long and far. The huge six brought up a slow 50 for the Scotland opener.

50forWattscopy.jpg

A new feature Channel Nine are introducing you to is called “Sweetspot meter”. A watcher of our coverage named “Punterpupnroy” wrote into us with the idea. The “Sweetspot meter” shows how well the batsmen is timing the ball and how many are coming out of the middle. We have edited hotspot to show out of an average of 5 balls how many were hitting the middle. The first ever “Sweetspot meter” by Channel Nine was used to show Watts innings of 50. Here it is.

SweetspotWattscopy.jpg

When the last 5 overs came along Scotland tried to push on with the job at hand but had to be careful to not lose a wicket. But a wicket is exactly what happened… The only problem was that it was a No-Ball! McGrath had only just stepped over the line when Lyons smashed one down to Long-on and went straight down Lee’s throat but Australias happiness was short lived as they saw the umpire Steven Bucknor signaling a No-Ball.

McGrathgetsawicketoffano-ballcopy.jpg

So at the end of the innings the Aussies bowled really well keeping Scotland down to 189 off the 50. They will be concerned that they only took 4 wickets though. Hogg, McGrath and Lee were the pick of the bowlers. Keeping it tight and McGrath managed to pick up two whilst Hogg got 1 vital wicket.

Scotland 4/189 off 50 overs
Watts 56 (148) not out
Lyons 48 (57) Not out

Lockheart 4 (2) c.Hayden b. McGrath
Watson 8 (23) b.Bracken
McCallum 44 (43) c.Clark b.McGrath
Poonia 13 (28) b.Hogg

McGrath 10 overs 2/37
Lee 10 overs 0/32
Bracken 10 overs 1/44
Clark 10 overs 0/48
Hogg 10 overs 1/28

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nice test innings from Watts :D Well, Scotland have tried their best though. After all, they(Sco) are in learning phase when comes to cricket. ;)

Fantastic presentation. :)

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
excellent presentation! My god watts played a test innings for his 50 but the positive Scotland can get is they batted 50 overs against the aussies!

I say australia to knock off this chase in 30 overs...

kookaburra69

International Coach
Average total from the Scottish there,even though Watts got to a half century it didnt help his team at all not scoring off of 90 balls.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Watts was in his own world when he played that slow innings. He should have confirmed with his team mates that it wasn't a test match. Aussies will win this one easily. Fantastic presentation mate and i love the sweetspot :hpraise

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
yeah i also gave him one other idea. I'm not 100% certain he is gonna use it tho. But aussies will get through this like a breeze. Just opening partnership of hayden and gilly will be way too much.

gutterman

International Cricketer
i like the sweet spot idea. Australia should knock this score over kutgw

Users who are viewing this thread