Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Two standout points from this series is this:

It was only before this series i was seeing a large portion of IND posters on this forum & other sites, past players slamming Ashwins bowling vs ENG who basically nullified him. Has he turned the corner that quickly or did he simply just take advantage of a average AUS batting line-up that is poor on turners?

IND always struggling for all-rounders. Many were unconvinced about Jadeja getting picked. Are you & IND fans now confident he can be a complete all-rounder @ 7 like Vinod Mankad, Shastri & Bapu Nadkarini was?. They still have big question marks over them.

Basically we have seen this move before with IND -their challenge will always be being more consistent in away from the sub-continent. Its remains a wait & see situation on how this post tendy era of players, handle that historical Achilles heel starting from the S Africa tour.

Neither of them are finished products, but this will help their confidence and more over the teams confidence, and as you say, it's where they go from here that really matters(tour of South Africa, New Zealand, England and ofc, Australia).

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Made my team of the series and it's even got some Aussies in it!
Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Clarke
Kohli
Dhoni
Jadeja
Kumar
Pattinson
Ashwin
Lyon/Siddle/Smith/Henriques - Smith being the best performing bat not picked, Lyon the next best spinner, Siddle the next best pacer. Henriques somewhere in the middle. Pick for whatever balance you like.

3 of the 11 as Aussies - that's more than I thought it would be...You could make an argument for Siddle over Bhuvneshwar but I can't see it. Siddle was pretty pedestrian for most of the series, cleaning up the tail in Mohali and getting a couple of 50s doesn't mean he deserves a spot IMHO. Kumar was generally pretty threatening with the new ball, and made handy runs of his own.

I'm not sure what Ashwin and Jadeja's success in this series means. Will they be able to keep it up? I think the batting was the greater encouragement for India - all the young guys showed skill (bar Rahane), and that will continue to be the strength of Indian cricket.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Like that team, and more importantly, I like how you've included an Indian pace bowler in the XI. :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I too agree with sifter132's team. Bhuvneswar in all the 4 tests looked threatening and I feel he would be more successful overseas as Yadav was in Australia to some extent. Jadeja if can score 20 runs too consistently he is a great all round option as he is very consistent in his line and length. He keeps it in the good length area and gets the wicket more then often. Ashwin said he lost it completely in England series, admits he used to pause a lot and it just got worse and worse. This shows the want to improve and he did that. Ojha has been brilliant for India and there is no doubt for his place.

Rahane got out on two stupid shots but that man has lot of potential and I wont throw him out obviously. He is the front runner in replacing Tendulkar after his retirement

S

Satan666

Made my team of the series and it's even got some Aussies in it!
Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Clarke
Kohli
Dhoni
Jadeja
Kumar
Pattinson
Ashwin
Lyon/Siddle/Smith/Henriques - Smith being the best performing bat not picked, Lyon the next best spinner, Siddle the next best pacer. Henriques somewhere in the middle. Pick for whatever balance you like.

3 of the 11 as Aussies - that's more than I thought it would be...You could make an argument for Siddle over Bhuvneshwar but I can't see it. Siddle was pretty pedestrian for most of the series, cleaning up the tail in Mohali and getting a couple of 50s doesn't mean he deserves a spot IMHO. Kumar was generally pretty threatening with the new ball, and made handy runs of his own.

I'm not sure what Ashwin and Jadeja's success in this series means. Will they be able to keep it up? I think the batting was the greater encouragement for India - all the young guys showed skill (bar Rahane), and that will continue to be the strength of Indian cricket.

Refreshing to see Sachin not there, dont agree with Dhawan however, he had just one inns.

Users who are viewing this thread