Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Damn, was looking forward to one more test so we could win in 2 days :p.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Peter Siddle as top scorer in both innings! Australia's batting has not looked too clever. Can't see how there going to get enough runs in the Ashes.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd like Kohli to see out of slip tbh, he just looks so uncomfortable there and more importantly, his ground fielding is of no use with him at slip. Pujara I feel would make a good slipper and he isn't all that fast on his feet, so definitely worth a try.

Probably concur with this! Won't be bad to try out Pujara at slip. And you hit the nail on the head when you said that Kohli's ground fielding is of no use when he is at slip. That's one big reason to take him out of slip. India can make good use of Kohli's ground fielding, where he is excellent. Guys like Pujara and Rahane should be groomed for close-in catching. The Kohli's and Tiwary's should be ground fielders where they are a lot more useful.

War

Chairman of Selectors
^ If that's the general mentality of most of Australians out there, I genuinely hope Australia get another whitewash in Ashes just for the sake of their supporters who then can stop whining about other factors and change their attitude towards their players as the world best who can never do anything wrong.

I do miss previous strong Australian side though who weren't cry babies on their loses, took note on their mistakes and perform better in next match. Cricket wants a stronger Australia and for that to happen their fans have to change their mentality. They need to realize their team mistakes, force selectors to take serve decisions, take loses as learning experiences and try hard next time. I can go on argue on how the above factors had an effect on both equally but I won't because that's not a way to teach someone about their own mistakes.

I don't agree with everything Sedition said in that specific post verbatim - but their is some truth to some of it.

Fact is India really can't learn anything from this series. AUS batting was that poor, it was easily the worst performing AUS batting line-up since world world 2 frankly. One must suspect their horrific ineptness with the bat made Ashwin & Jadeja look better with the ball than they actually were to be fair.

Their litany of talent young batsmen needs to tested overseas too. Although i believe Kohli & Pujara have the goods to succeed overseas - but the rest have bigger questions marks. That S Africa series, they will have to make up for the whitewashes in AUS & ENG - or India cricket will be back to square one, which is was before this series commenced.

As things stand, the England test series & PAK ODI series still is a better indicator of where India really is right now.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
looking right down the road, probably a little too far in to the future actually, it's the away series in england that might be interesting. their fixture list over the next 18 months has a scent of the way england prepared for the series in india. south africa, new zealand (who have showed they're definitely no mugs and in all honesty as strong as I can remember them right now) then england. It's going to be a harsh examination in seam bowling leading up to there.

I doubt they'll do that well in south africa, it'll be the first overseas tour for this new look team and south africa have a peerless pace attack and several of the best batsmen in the world, a white wash is a real possibility. new zealand you'd expect to see some improvement and by the time england 2014 comes round they might be better prepared than a lot of people expect. the core of the team has very abruptly shifted from being guys that are 33-37 to 24-28, they can afford to play the long game for the next year or two because the building blocks are in place.

S

Satan666

I doubt they'll do that well in south africa, it'll be the first overseas tour for this new look team and south africa have a peerless pace attack and several of the best batsmen in the world, a white wash is a real possibility. new zealand you'd expect to see some improvement and by the time england 2014 comes round they might be better prepared than a lot of people expect. the core of the team has very abruptly shifted from being guys that are 33-37 to 24-28, they can afford to play the long game for the next year or two because the building blocks are in place.

We can say the same for teams like Australia, NZ, Pak, WI and maybe some other teams, the future looks bleak for the Indians despite guys like you sugarcoating their weak cricket structure. Defeating a weak/inexperienced side as the present AUS team is no big achievement and shows no indication that the present team India would be the world's top team in the near future!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
We can say the same for teams like Australia, NZ, Pak, WI and maybe some other teams, the future looks bleak for the Indians despite guys like you sugarcoating their weak cricket structure. Defeating a weak/inexperienced side as the present AUS team is no big achievement and shows no indication that the present team India would be the world's top team in the near future!

!!!

Gurjot95

National Board President
I don't agree with everything Sedition said in that specific post verbatim - but their is some truth to some of it.

Fact is India really can't learn anything from this series. AUS batting was that poor, it was easily the worst performing AUS batting line-up since world world 2 frankly. One must suspect their horrific ineptness with the bat made Ashwin & Jadeja look better with the ball than they actually were to be fair.

Their litany of talent young batsmen needs to tested overseas too. Although i believe Kohli & Pujara have the goods to succeed overseas - but the rest have bigger questions marks. That S Africa series, they will have to make up for the whitewashes in AUS & ENG - or India cricket will be back to square one, which is was before this series commenced.

As things stand, the England test series & PAK ODI series still is a better indicator of where India really is right now.

TBH, I never really doubt anything about what you said. I have been saying from beginning that Australia's batting was miserable and India still need to improve their effectiveness in overseas. It's those lame excuses about pitches, umpires that grinds my gear. I did said in that post we need to blame their batsman for this demoralising series loss. We share the same opinion, it's just that you took my post directed towards other half of my quoted post.

midgetwars

Club Captain
Maxwell was supposed to be the spinner all rounder. I'm sure O'Keefe can play that role perfectly.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
My first ever thread in this section and Australia lost the series 4-0 :(

Epic

Panel of Selectors

Fair enough, guess we should all judge England by the 0-2 loss at home to South Africa and not the 2-1 win in India then?

looking right down the road, probably a little too far in to the future actually, it's the away series in england that might be interesting. their fixture list over the next 18 months has a scent of the way england prepared for the series in india. south africa, new zealand (who have showed they're definitely no mugs and in all honesty as strong as I can remember them right now) then england. It's going to be a harsh examination in seam bowling leading up to there.

Mhm... wasn't aware of this tbh(the England tour that follows the tours of South Africa and New Zealand), so they've pushed everything up by a year? Do we tour Australia in 2014-15 then?(I would check the FTP, but the kerplucking ICC website is down... :facepalm)

The old pattern in terms of tours to the likes of England(2011, before that 2007), Australia(2011-12, before that 2007-08) and South Africa(2010-11, before that 2006-07) was every 4 years, guess they've kerplucked that up now? Whatever it is, thanks BCCI. :p

My first ever thread in this section and Australia lost the series 4-0 :(

Yep, all your fault, how do you live with yourself?! :rolleyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread