Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

How have Maxwell and Doherty got 6 wickets between them? :eek:

Also, could someone explain to me why Indian fans are booing Indian players? Because they want to see Sachin? That is a poor excuse for a "fan".

Lost 5/100 now India, Doherty now has an average under 100!:thumbs

How have Maxwell and Doherty got 6 wickets between them? :eek:

Also, could someone explain to me why Sachin fans are booing Indian players? Because they want to see Sachin? That is a poor excuse for a "fan".

Fixed. :D

Good point!

The only excuse I'd give a fan for booing a player of their own team would be if they have been involved in some bad press etc, but even then, they would probably have been stood down.

I'm just about convinced that this is the Hyderabad crowds' specialty, to boo anyone and everyone except their beloved Sachin.

Poor Hughes, he really seems to struggle with nerves.
I would have liked to have seen Sean Marsh in this squad, he has scored a lot of runs in India, plus he can cover a few positions (opener, 3, middle order), why does horses for courses only apply to bowlers?
Bailey has the right temperament too, would have preferred to see him over Khawaja who still seems a little young.

Found this gem on Cricinfo -

Brydon Coverdale on Twitter:
"Phil Hughes' last 39 balls against
spin this series: . . w . .
w . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
w . . . . . . . . w"

I figured we'd probably lose 3 wickets by stumps once the deck turned into a minefield. Actually thought Cowan and Warner might take us home for awhile there, but next to impossible with the way the pitch is rigged. I guess the curator didn't expect India to bat so slow and once the timer went off, the wickets tumbled.

Painful stuff from Hughes. Had high hopes for him in this series after his comeback, but he's going to struggle to hold his place again if he doesn't produce something here soon.

I was shocked when I saw Doherty had taken 3/131. Then I saw that they were the 3 tailend batsman and was like "Okay, that's more realistic".

Bit disappointed though that his average has dropped below 100. It deserves to be the 150 it should be atm.

Of the 6 wickets he's taken in test cricket, 6 have been of batsman batting below 8, and the other two of been of Bell on 76 and Pietersen on 227. So why is Doherty even playing domestic cricket, let alone international cricket?

And good to see Maxwell take a few. At least there was one spinner who is okay in the side, although okay is putting it generously.

Hughes is a tricky matter. He may actually do well against England after working on this space technique. Its his spin that causes trouble.

Still don't know where his technique is against pace. He has only faced SL so far and their test side had no quicks of note. I hope it is sorted as our domestic comp doesn't need another nail in the coffin for being the top comp in the world.

I'm with Shravan, I'd be the happiest guy in the world if Sachin gets out now, this crowd needs to be taught a lesson.

Okay I am the second happiest guy in the world then.

Australia's day it was, good comeback once the guys see out the spin tomorrow we may be in for a result on the last day.

Very elated at Sachin making 7, another failure of his. As for the crowd's behaviour, well supports my view that in India, Sachin is bigger than Team India, he is a god and the Indians are his servants, gotta respect the love the fans are still showing even though he is no where close to his glory days.

----------

I'm just about convinced that this is the Hyderabad crowds' specialty, to boo anyone and everyone except their beloved Sachin.

I understand their stance, after all this may be the last time they get to watch their messiah playing in Hyderbad live, well hopefully atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread