Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the best Ponting looked after a while. So now we know how Sachin stays in form.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Can't wait for day 2 to start. Hopefully Zak can get rid of either Paine or Watson and then get into the tail.

Vilander

School Cricketer
Quite a few, just the selectors love North too much. Smith is one option, Hughes another and then there is Khawaja and Ferguson waiting in the wings. And of course if we get desperate David Hussey, Klinger or even ask Hodge to come out of retirement.

why Klinger below Ferguson,both are good though.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Annoyed this isn't on SkySports. Anyone know of a legal (and prefferably free) way to watch it in the UK?

Its on skysports extra my friend - thats where im watching it. But i believe you have to pay for that channel.

Its also one of the 800 channels (802 or 804), which catched Indian networks Zee TV which shows Neo Sports or Ten Sports. That too you have to pay extra for as well.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Sureshot if you willing to compromise on your ethics a bit , I can guide you to where you can watch it :p

War

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot if you willing to compromise on your ethics a bit , I can guide you to where you can watch it :p

:laugh oh yes, the wonderful live streams.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Zaheer Khan seems to be the only decent Test match fast bowler India have at the moment and that is very worrying. Ishant is off pace, off line, off length and is now unfit.

Sreesanth can be a decent Test bowler, I can see potential there. He's got good pace, great wrist position and good outswing. He's done well on his overseas tours, I can't remember if and when he last played for India in India. The selectors would also have to start to consider other options like Mithun (he's not really talented, imo) or perhaps give Nehra/Munaf a go. It's pretty desperate.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
That wicket of Ponting was some great fielding. Hussey and Clarke struggled. Clarke was continuously coming down the track don't know what was the thought behind it. The wicket was not turning that much. Sharma is injured?

It was great fielding, but geez I wish Ricky would put his head down and stop ball watching when he's running. It cost him in the Ashes last year when Flintoff ran him out as well. It's become a bad habit for him and it's ruining his attempts at getting back in the big runs.

North to get a pair and then make a century in the 2nd match

That's our Marcus... :facepalm But seriously, if he's going to do that, I wish they'd put him in at #4 or something like that. Then if he fails we have plenty of time to regroup and if it's his 'century day' then he's got plenty of time to complete it. Or we could just drop the guy... :p

Zaheer Khan seems to be the only decent Test match fast bowler India have at the moment

I'm gobsmacked he only got 16 overs yesterday and only 5 in the first session even after he took a wicket. Is it general fitness? Because with Ishant out, you want Zaheer bowling 20-22 overs a day, 25 if he can handle it.

Here's the session by session breakdown - great start for Aussies, but India really put the screws on and the wickets of Ponting, Clarke and North in particular were keys:
to lunch: 1/101 in 28 overs
to tea: 2/78 in 29 overs
to stumps: 2/45 in 33 overs (RR of 1.36 :eek:)

Before play, I was dreaming of a good start and declaring with about 500 on the board before tea on the 2nd day, leaving plenty of time to bowl India out. Well at least we've got a chance of lasting that long, but we aren't even going to be 400 by then...

Last edited:

Brook

Club Captain
With Australia's collapse problems at the moment North is not the guy you want there at all. He is pure collapse fodder.

Users who are viewing this thread