Australia's tour of United Arab Emirates v Pakistan - October 2014

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
That diff. b/w the height of Mitch's bouncers on the Aussie & the UAE pitches!
A DTC bus could easily pass through that! :lol

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Take a bow Younis Khan. Quite definitely the greatest batsman to play for Pakistan. To perform against Aussies with such dominance, is a great achievement. I never thought I would see the day when Pakistan would dominate the Aussies.

PokerAce

Banned
India need to be careful. While this Aussie side seems easy right now, its going to be a different side that turns up in Aus.

PokerAce

Banned
In response to this post by a disgruntled Aus supporter on cricinfo this morning-

"Australia just doesn't have enough experience bowling on roads. We perform well in conditions we're used to (South Africa, New Zealand, occasionally England) but struggle in Asia for this reason."

A Pak fan wrote this -

Experience on Roads?? Didn't Aus lose 20 wickets to a bowling attack which had combined experience of 12 odd test matches ?? It spins, it's a rank turner, it doesn't swing, it's a road. But if it bounces like pitching on concrete, it is a perfectly prepared test pitch.

Agree 100%. Well Done.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am expecting Misbah to declare once he gets his sectury, Younis's double century & a score over 500 runs. But I think they should bat the whole day today, make a score over 600 & then focus on defeating Australia by an innings by letting them bat for 3 days.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I would just bat for 5 days if I was in place of Misbah and never declare.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Watching Nathan Lyon struggle and listening to the commentary, it sounds as though they think if he was allowed to flex beyond 15 degrees he would be more effective, and are actually advocating it.
He's just having a bad series, his best figures were 5-31 in Sri Lanka on debut, and 7-94 in India, so it's not like he can't bowl against guys like these on these types of pitches.
I think Lyon's action has changed a bit, his feet look all over the place, and he is leaning backwards too far. Seems like has made a conscious decision to kick his feet up a bit more to get more bounce in his action, and it's not working. He should think more about what he is doing with the ball instead of thinking about his feet.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
100/5 jesus what are we no 1 how ?

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Younus Khan is arguably the best batsman Pakistan has ever produced. The way they dropped Younus from the One-Day Series was just disgraceful. Younus slapped the Pakistan Selectors without even touching.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Got this comment from ESPNCricinfo:

Aussie Guy : "One may question Misbah-ul-Haq captaining at times, but as a leader there is not a cricketer in the world that comes close to him. Taking over the captaincy of a team that was in absolute turmoil and disarray and leading them to where they are now is phenomenal. He is the most selfless cricketer always adapting his batting style to suit what his team needs. An absolute legend of the game and downright the most underrated cricketer of this era."

That's^ the truth. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate, alligators gonna alligate.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Got this comment from ESPNCricinfo:

Aussie Guy : "One may question Misbah-ul-Haq captaining at times, but as a leader there is not a cricketer in the world that comes close to him. Taking over the captaincy of a team that was in absolute turmoil and disarray and leading them to where they are now is phenomenal. He is the most selfless cricketer always adapting his batting style to suit what his team needs. An absolute legend of the game and downright the most underrated cricketer of this era."

That's^ the truth. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate, alligators gonna alligate.

Could not agree more, I've posted a million pro-Misbah posts on this site. At first he was hated because he was "too calm" and didn't have this supposed "Pakistani flair" yet when you look at the teams, captains and players who have had this so called flair, how many of them have guided Pakistan so successfully?

It's good to see, that aged 40, Misbah is starting win over the critics and really, over the last couple years has been the single best man manager in the game and easily one of it's best batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread