Australia's tour of United Arab Emirates v Pakistan - October 2014

PokerAce

Banned
I have always said that Pak fans have been just too critical of Misbah for "slow" batting. Call him "tuk tuk" now!!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Misbah S/R in ODI > Hafeez,Shehzad and Azhar to name a few :)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That ends the joke selection of Maxwell at 3. Seriously what on earth were the selectors thinking, you could maybe make a very very weak case for him at 6 or 7 but 3 is just crazy.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
That ends the joke selection of Maxwell at 3. Seriously what on earth were the selectors thinking, you could maybe make a very very weak case for him at 6 or 7 but 3 is just crazy.
Doolan Maxwell all are crap :(

Anyways how many test we have lost in Asia in a row excluding this one (7 or 8)

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
As an England fan, I'm absolutely loving watching the Aussies get thumped. Makes me think that the Ashes may be close after all. I've still got Aussies down to win 2-1 though. Ryan Harris will be the key. I think England will have no chance if he plays. I have a funny feeling Johnson won't be as devastating in England.

Also, this series result makes me feel better about England's last tour to the Emirates. Looks like it can happy to anyone as the conditions are just so alien.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I`m silently enjoying Pakistan pound this Aussie side. I think a lot of us jumped the gun calling this Australian side right up there with the best when they were yet to be tested anywhere outside of Autralia or Australia like conditions. This side would struggle to win tests anywhere in Asia and have lost 9 tests against India, England and Pakistan in the last year or so. Its as bad as India`s continued struggle in England and Australia.

If these wickets are so easy to bat on, why do non-Asian batsmen struggle so much in these conditions? Its one of the reasons we must start treating runs scored in Asia with some respect.

bigred

Club Captain
I`m silently enjoying Pakistan pound this Aussie side. I think a lot of us jumped the gun calling this Australian side right up there with the best when they were yet to be tested anywhere outside of Autralia or Australia like conditions. This side would struggle to win tests anywhere in Asia and have lost 9 tests against India, England and Pakistan in the last year or so. Its as bad as India`s continued struggle in England and Australia.

If these wickets are so easy to bat on, why do non-Asian batsmen struggle so much in these conditions? Its one of the reasons we must start treating runs scored in Asia with some respect.

I treat runs scored anywhere with respect. However, when a non Asian player scores runs in Asia, I have ultimate respect. Like the Pietersen hundred in Colombo. Similarly, I rate Asian players scoring big runs outside their continent. Rahane's hundred at Lord's, for example, which was simply brilliant. Had that same hundred been scored by Ian Bell, it wouldn't have been as impressive or such a surprise.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To add to my previous comment, it looks like Clarke does have some trouble against left arm spin. His struggles against Jadeja and now Zulfiqar seem to suggest so.

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Misbah UL Haq with a biggy, levelled the fastest century scorer, now name Sir Vivian Ul Haq :P 9 centuries in one series, what a record. Younis Khan himself has broken so many record in this series, Aussies being exposed in Sub Continent conditions, don't tell me people call this team one of the best in the world :P Bring it on Aussies!

Karachi

Associate Captain
... Aussies being exposed in Sub Continent conditions, ...

UAE is not in the subcontinent. Its in the Middle East. The conditions there are foreign for both the countries; well probably little less for Pakistan, but still a foreign land. If Aussies are bad at playing outside their preferred conditions then so are other teams. The best team is the one that quickly adapts to changing conditions.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Misbah fastest ton? I thought my friend was saying to me the most idiotic lie but its actually truth !!! Someone pinch me please ......

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
UAE is not in the subcontinent. Its in the Middle East. The conditions there are foreign for both the countries; well probably little less for Pakistan, but still a foreign land. If Aussies are bad at playing outside their preferred conditions then so are other teams. The best team is the one that quickly adapts to changing conditions.

That's why SA are clearly THE NUMBER ONE test side on the planet and the first true number one since the dominance of Australia some 7 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread