Australia tour of West Indies May-June 2015

S

Satan666

I do understand bout player cant walk back into de team. But We really need an Opener with Brathwaitee and at least another wicket taking bowler than J Taylor. As For holder, he is taking wicket, but kind of still poor.

What became of Kieran Powell? Looked promising is he out to injury or something?

S

Satan666

Smart. At least Bravo and Narine should be playing the tests. Windies need 5 bowlers to balance team properly and Bravo's presence gives them that. Now that Narine has no more issues with his action, he really has to play.

L Simmons also could be a useful squad option.
West Indies coach Phil Simmons has opened the door for Dwayne Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell and Kieron Pollard to return to the Test team, stating his intention to meet them on their return from the IPL.

Coach Simmons opens door for IPL quintet | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Dwayne Bravo and Lendl Simmons have both announced their retirement from test cricket, the new coach respect their wishes. I mean having retired shows that they arent interested in test cricket for whatever reasons. Keiron Pollard is yet to play a test, he has repeatedly expressed his feelings about test cricket which are positive so its a good move to engage him in dialogue, think he will be a great test player! Clive Lloyd in a recent lecture in Australia or some interview stated that Andre Russell was not interested in playing test cricket since he has some injury preventing him from doing so. Sunil Narine will be ineffective in test cricket since his bowling action remains in suspense even so he does not seem interested since he refused a central contract!

S

Satan666

The reasoning of the great Ambrose makes no sense & it is same kind of positioning that led to Gayle getting banned for a year back in 2011, Narine missing NZ test series last year and why Bravo, Simmons, Pollard have walked away from test/first-class cricket.

Again one just has to look at how New Zealand deal with IPL player clashes with their stars to see where WICB keep failing on this issue. @Samuels @westindies2007

How do they deal with it?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dwayne Bravo and Lendl Simmons have both announced their retirement from test cricket, the new coach respect their wishes. I mean having retired shows that they arent interested in test cricket for whatever reasons. Keiron Pollard is yet to play a test, he has repeatedly expressed his feelings about test cricket which are positive so its a good move to engage him in dialogue, think he will be a great test player! Clive Lloyd in a recent lecture in Australia or some interview stated that Andre Russell was not interested in playing test cricket since he has some injury preventing him from doing so. Sunil Narine will be ineffective in test cricket since his bowling action remains in suspense even so he does not seem interested since he refused a central contract!
BRavo have not played Test Since 2010 After the Sri Lanka Series. He wanted to play Test again, and the he wasnt in the Sqaud for South Africa he decided to Retire from Test. I think that what make him to make a decision to retire from Test, he wanted to play Test but wasnt given A chance under Otis Gibson when he was Coach, while L Simmon hasnt played since 2011 . Phil Simmon can see , what most don't wanna see in WICB. His Focus to rebuilding WI and the way how WI cricket is at the moment, where our younger talent need as much help as they can get. It just these players were miss handle by WICB, who know IF P Simmon can restore the player faith, with his Point of View. AS for K Powell he is the same boat as Both Bravo and Simmon, he got a problem with the Leeward Cricket board, which made him miss the Whole FC season, he is currently in Sri Lanka playing Domestic.
Why Narine Refused a contract for WI again same Problem WI miss treating it's players, What made Narine act like that, last year, NArine was interesting in playing for WI, i think against NZ (someone can correct me if i am wrong) He was just going to Miss two day of Training , not even the a Test Series i think it was still a good time before the 1st Test Match against NZ and WICB rule him out of the Squad.
Andre Russel dont seem wanna go down that road Bravo and Co went down.

IT's WICB management which is breaking WI cricket. I am also not in all favour with the Players, they also stand under the downfall of WI. when everyone had a Good Run, didn't really did great, and when all hit they Prime in the game they are not in the team.
WI beating India in the first ODI showed some sign, but then problem started. dispite losing the 2nd ODI they fought, 3rd was wash out, and the 4thODI WI player just didn't want to play.

So BAsically isnt Mismanagement which is causing the WI downfall.
Imaging having a WI Test Side, with a Full Form unit L Simmons, K Powell, K Brathwaite, Dm Bravo, M Samuels, S Chanderpaul, J Blackwood, D Ramdin, DJ Bravo, J Holder, S Narine, J Taylor, K Roach (a full fit Roach) .What a Good team for WI next 5 years Plan. With Hopefully sending off Chanderpaul after the Australia Series and maybe adding L Johnson to this side. IF WICB and the Player had a good relationship . What would WI be able to achieve with this team.

While havea ODI / T20 side, Gayle, Dr smith, L Simmons, DM Bravo, DJ Bravo, J Blackwood, D Ramdin, J Holder, K Roach, J Taylor, A Russel, K Pollard, M Samuels, J Carter, Sammy, and a few more names not coming to my head now.

Not only that, WI in the Caribbean is very Poor, just check the Top 5 Most run and Wicket and we can see who we got.
Most Runs: Devon Smith , T Thephile, K Brathwaite, S Hope, S Dowrich.
Most Wkts : V Permaul, Bisho, I Khan, J Warrican, D Jacob.

Show WI Talent Pool isnt all that Great, but who know they maybe a talent which is not been reconised as yet. Despite that, WI still need a few seniors in the Side, who have travel around the World. So it would be good Having some of the IPL players back and I am hoping the player and WICB can build a Good relationship back, that's why i would really love Simmons and Bravo to come back out of retirement.

I bet if a good decent relashionship is Built with WICB and Player we can see a rising West Indies again, until then WI would remain 8. Because with a poor management what would be the Future of like a K BRathwaite or A Daren Bravo?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors

Windies name squad for training camp

The squad for the first Test against the Australians will be finalised next Friday. It coincides with the final day of the tour match between the WICB President’s XI, a composite side of Test hopefuls, and the Aussies, starting next Wednesday at the Vivian Richards Cricket Ground in Antigua.
Windies name squad for training camp | WEST INDIES CRICKET BOARD

S

Satan666

BRavo have not played Test Since 2010 After the Sri Lanka Series. He wanted to play Test again, and the he wasnt in the Sqaud for South Africa he decided to Retire from Test. I think that what make him to make a decision to retire from Test, he wanted to play Test but wasnt given A chance under Otis Gibson when he was Coach, while L Simmon hasnt played since 2011 . Phil Simmon can see , what most don't wanna see in WICB. His Focus to rebuilding WI and the way how WI cricket is at the moment, where our younger talent need as much help as they can get. It just these players were miss handle by WICB, who know IF P Simmon can restore the player faith, with his Point of View. AS for K Powell he is the same boat as Both Bravo and Simmon, he got a problem with the Leeward Cricket board, which made him miss the Whole FC season, he is currently in Sri Lanka playing Domestic.
Why Narine Refused a contract for WI again same Problem WI miss treating it's players, What made Narine act like that, last year, NArine was interesting in playing for WI, i think against NZ (someone can correct me if i am wrong) He was just going to Miss two day of Training , not even the a Test Series i think it was still a good time before the 1st Test Match against NZ and WICB rule him out of the Squad.
Andre Russel dont seem wanna go down that road Bravo and Co went down.

IT's WICB management which is breaking WI cricket. I am also not in all favour with the Players, they also stand under the downfall of WI. when everyone had a Good Run, didn't really did great, and when all hit they Prime in the game they are not in the team.
WI beating India in the first ODI showed some sign, but then problem started. dispite losing the 2nd ODI they fought, 3rd was wash out, and the 4thODI WI player just didn't want to play.

So BAsically isnt Mismanagement which is causing the WI downfall.
Imaging having a WI Test Side, with a Full Form unit L Simmons, K Powell, K Brathwaite, Dm Bravo, M Samuels, S Chanderpaul, J Blackwood, D Ramdin, DJ Bravo, J Holder, S Narine, J Taylor, K Roach (a full fit Roach) .What a Good team for WI next 5 years Plan. With Hopefully sending off Chanderpaul after the Australia Series and maybe adding L Johnson to this side. IF WICB and the Player had a good relationship . What would WI be able to achieve with this team.

While havea ODI / T20 side, Gayle, Dr smith, L Simmons, DM Bravo, DJ Bravo, J Blackwood, D Ramdin, J Holder, K Roach, J Taylor, A Russel, K Pollard, M Samuels, J Carter, Sammy, and a few more names not coming to my head now.

Not only that, WI in the Caribbean is very Poor, just check the Top 5 Most run and Wicket and we can see who we got.
Most Runs: Devon Smith , T Thephile, K Brathwaite, S Hope, S Dowrich.
Most Wkts : V Permaul, Bisho, I Khan, J Warrican, D Jacob.

Show WI Talent Pool isnt all that Great, but who know they maybe a talent which is not been reconised as yet. Despite that, WI still need a few seniors in the Side, who have travel around the World. So it would be good Having some of the IPL players back and I am hoping the player and WICB can build a Good relationship back, that's why i would really love Simmons and Bravo to come back out of retirement.

I bet if a good decent relashionship is Built with WICB and Player we can see a rising West Indies again, until then WI would remain 8. Because with a poor management what would be the Future of like a K BRathwaite or A Daren Bravo?

Whatever the reasons are these guys have decided to retire from test cricket, they have from time to time again refused central contracts. Specifically the issue with Narine, you can be the best player but cricket is a team game he chose not to be available for the team training, why do you think there are workshops and training for each international team before any series?

Are you insinuating that the WI selectors pick a team based on performance solely in the IPL/T20 leagues? When last have we seen Chris Gayle and co. play a full domestic test league?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Whatever the reasons are these guys have decided to retire from test cricket, they have from time to time again refused central contracts. Specifically the issue with Narine, you can be the best player but cricket is a team game he chose not to be available for the team training, why do you think there are workshops and training for each international team before any series?

Are you insinuating that the WI selectors pick a team based on performance solely in the IPL/T20 leagues? When last have we seen Chris Gayle and co. play a full domestic test league?

DJ Bravo has a Contract with WI 2 year running now.

Btw The India issue i post in the West Indies Thread.
How can you have your Highest Wicket taking Player and the 3rd Most Run scorer of 2014 and Just ignored him, yet he still has a Central Contract.

To answer your Question. I can understand where you coming from with Regional, and IPL/T20 Games cant put you in selection for Test, I do agree with all of that. and Cricket is a Team game ,etc.

With Shiv Chanderpaul isnt getting pick for the Australia series, who will these youngster look up to.
M Samuels is one lazy ass when it come to training. Only left D Ramdin who himself trying his best with the bat. We got a very Young and inexperience team, Its looking like this K Brathwaitee, Shai Hope, Dm Bravo, M Samuels, L Johnson, J Blackwood, D Ramdin, J Holder, Bishoo, J Taylor and K Roach. to face off against Australia. It may had pay off against England, but this is different, against Australia . We may get away with it in the Caribbean but i am looking at it, when we visit Australia, England,etc different story.

We may need Player out in the Middle who had feel this position, who seen the world, Face top bowling.
Adding a L Simmons or a DJ Bravo maybe can help them.

All i can say its hope for the Best. Maybe these youngster can prove me wrong. NOTE: West Indies Domestic Cricket it's at its Poorest Level. Devon smith Was the leading Run score with i think over 800 run with the 2nd Highest Run scorer not even in the frame scored about 600 and something runs.
These Youngster Should get Contract Maybe in England or Australia if they want to progress. West Indies Domestic is Very Poor. I live in Barbados, How poor the structure is in Barbados is beyond Imagination for the Cricketing World. Player out here in the Barbados Cricketing Association, they don't get pay to play. and it's only if player play Elite Cricket they can be Chosen for Barbados cricket. The rest have to have Day Jobs to survive and buy they Own gear.

ANyway back to the Topic. I do agree where you coming From. But can you think bout your self Playing for West Indies Cricket Under this Administration. Maybe you would of taken the direction of these same player. I just hoping We can Move on from here and rise again. Because our WICB mess up peoples Career and still treat our players like nothing.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Just read the news about Chanderpaul. This is just shameful from WI selectors. Yes, Chanderpaul did not have a great series against England but he has given so much to West Indies cricket and has been the rock who has stood firm for them almost every time in last few years. He deserves a better treatment. At least give him a chance to retire.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just read the news about Chanderpaul. This is just shameful from WI selectors. Yes, Chanderpaul did not have a great series against England but he has given so much to West Indies cricket and has been the rock who has stood firm for them almost every time in last few years. He deserves a better treatment. At least give him a chance to retire.

All great cricketers don't get the perfect ending unfortunately. From a pure cricket standpoint its illogical to pick him given his recent form to face AUS attack.

But then again if the selectors are not going to include Gayle & DW Bravo after IPL, then they probably should have picked him.

War

Chairman of Selectors
How do they deal with it?

Last year Windies made Narine miss home test series vs NZ because he didn't want to skip IPL final to be a windies training camp.

While NZ allowed players McCullum, Taylor, Anderson arrived late from that IPL - end result NZ win series. NZ board has no drama

Currently ahead of ongoing series vs England - McCullum, Bolt, Southee missed warm-ups due to playing in IPL - NZ board has no issue.

IPL is clearly bad for international cricket for reasons i've stated to the death on this forum, but weak financial boards like WI/NZ/SRI/PAK are not in a position to fight it financially or they risk loosing their players like WI do to knee-jerk retirements. NZ have a excellent player vs board relationship regarding IPL clashes - hence the reason why their team is together and strong across all formats in the last two years.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Bravo hasn't played FC cricket in 2 years which clearly shows he doesn't have much of an intention to play test cricket again I guess, similarly with Narine, and he didn't exactly set the world on fire with the tests he played. Gayle on the other hand doesn't look like he'd last a session of batting in test cricket right now either.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
From that warm up Shaun and Voges didn't do their chances any harm, if they go in with 3 quicks then Voges part time spin could fill the 5th bowling.

Hazelwood the pick of the quicks in both innings hoping he gets a chance.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Bravo hasn't played FC cricket in 2 years which clearly shows he doesn't have much of an intention to play test cricket again I guess, similarly with Narine, and he didn't exactly set the world on fire with the tests he played. Gayle on the other hand doesn't look like he'd last a session of batting in test cricket right now either.

Totally incorrect my friend. No offence my friend, but to say Bravo clearly shows you have not followed the intricate issues with Windies cricket and that has led to Bravo not playing tests for so long.

I would easily rebut this, but I'm not able anymore ha. Every other month someone makes these erroneous statements about Windies IPL player positions on playing tests. My only point to encourage you read a lit more closely windies situation.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Totally incorrect my friend. No offence my friend, but to say Bravo clearly shows you have not followed the intricate issues with Windies cricket and that has led to Bravo not playing tests for so long.

I would easily rebut this, but I'm not able anymore ha. Every other month someone makes these erroneous statements about Windies IPL player positions on playing tests. My only point to encourage you read a lit more closely windies situation.

Care to give any more details and explain why Bravo hasn't played FC cricket in over 2 years then please?

S

Satan666

Normally I make these type of posts with regards to Windies players preference to IPL over playing test cricket.

Dont get me wrong the reasons are two fold the WICB is responsible in some way but likewise the players have chosen IPL over tests in the past, at the end of it all I admit the WICB is to be blame however there is a preference of IPL over test cricket and as @SamP alluded to in a couple of posts above Dwayne Bravo has not played first class cricket in two years, might just be due to the IPL possibly!

Users who are viewing this thread