South African Tour of the West Indies, May-June 2010

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Disgraceful from Roach. Pretty lame performance again from WI, it just be so frustrating for guys like Shiv, he just stands up time and time again with no support. Opening batsmen are a problem, for all of Gayle's talent he is a serious underachiever, his shot selection is very average indeed, but everyone seems to forget that when he plays some crazy 100 off 70 balls knock, then fails as usual in the next 10 tests. I wonder if its worth even sticking with him at all in the team? I mean, its not like his pathetic attitude and body language is going to magically translate to victories.

Wow you should get a medal for your observation!!!!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I can't wait until bharath is back. I say drop gaily down the order and get some proper openers.

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would you like my address?

Bravo should be captain. I look forward to your sarcastic comment on that.

Last edited:

TumTum

International Cricketer
Impressed by Roach's bowling in the last innings, that is how he should bowl not this line and length crap.

P

pcfan123

Ben is such an instigator, he sticks his nose in everyone's business.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Disgraceful from Roach. Pretty lame performance again from WI, it just be so frustrating for guys like Shiv, he just stands up time and time again with no support. Opening batsmen are a problem, for all of Gayle's talent he is a serious underachiever, his shot selection is very average indeed, but everyone seems to forget that when he plays some crazy 100 off 70 balls knock, then fails as usual in the next 10 tests. I wonder if its worth even sticking with him at all in the team? I mean, its not like his pathetic attitude and body language is going to magically translate to victories.

+1

I will pm you my address WestIndian. I want a silver medal. ;)

War

Chairman of Selectors
This series could have been better if the Windies were at full-strenght - especially in the pace attack.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Opening batsmen are a problem, for all of Gayle's talent he is a serious underachiever, his shot selection is very average indeed, but everyone seems to forget that when he plays some crazy 100 off 70 balls knock, then fails as usual in the next 10 tests.

Talking about forgetting quickly. How quickly you forget that he carried his bat a test before that 70 ball century. Or that he has been averaging 47.7 over the past 2 years with 5 centuries and 5 half centuries. Well above his career average. You forget that he averaged 70 against the Aussies at a strike rate of 75. How quickly do people forget eh?

I say drop gaily down the order and get some proper openers.

Gayle should stay where he is but he should step down from the captaincy. It is getting to him and affecting his batting lately. When he first took over he actually stepped up and averaged way above his career average.

Bravo should be captain.

Yes he should and hopefully he will be given that opportunity in Sri Lanka. Just because he is more active in the field and full of energy and to take pressure of of Gayle.

Ben is such an instigator, he sticks his nose in everyone's business.

Dont know how much of the series you have seen mark but in the 1st & 2nd tests Steyn was having a go at the WI batsman and coming down the pitch and saying ████ to the batsman, including Benn. So if he cant take it then he should dish it out. Whatever Benn did to him it does not deserve spitting at someones feet, thats no class at all.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Benn did not do anything. He just smiled, and DS couldn't take it. DS really needs to calm the fearsome tweak down. He always does that. I know fast bowlers show aggression and crap, but spitting is not called for. DS should get 2 test match ban. AT LEAST.

Robelinda

International Coach
Steyn at fault IMO. It was the only part of this whole series worth watching though, the cricket was second rate at best, but at least the pitches werent all 3/800 pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread