Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Australia tour of West Indies May-June 2015
27-29 May Tour Match Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
03-07 June First Test Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica
11-15 June Second Test Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Australian Squad
Michael Clarke (capt) , Steve Smith, Fawad Ahmed, Brad Haddin (wk), Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill (wk), Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson

This shows how low the West Indies have fallen. That Australia are only playing 2 test matches against a team that they'd always have played 5 against.

Last edited:

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This shows how low the West Indies have fallen. That Australia are only playing 2 test matches against a team that they'd always have played 5 against.
In every other series we look like we are improving but then something or the other strikes and we fall apart. At this moment, we stand as a bunch of talented individuals with problems. If we can somehow get the together as a team we will be on the right path of becoming formidable. Sadly, our pivotal players are more interested in playing IPL and other cash rich leagues over WI. I fear the day when WI team will be moved down to the associate level just because they cannot come up with a good team mainly due to monetary (read player salary) issues.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well for well known reasons AUS have not played WI in a 5 tests series since 2000, or more than 3 tests since 200 - so now big deal really

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Just had a look at the squad and I cannot help but notice that Australia needs to find some youngsters real fast, particularly the batsmen. I do not follow Australia cricket much but I can tell that Clarke might retire any time, Rogers and Haddin are 37, Voges must have done extremely well to be back in the scheme of things at 35. Some of the people I know who follow Australian domestic matches told me Peter Siddle is not good anymore as he once was while Watson might not be there in the team for long. So, basically almost half of the side might not be there next year so why do not your selectors pick up some youngsters so that they gain experience (yes, even against not so good WI team) so that they are ready to fit in the team when your regular players go?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just had a look at the squad and I cannot help but notice that Australia needs to find some youngsters real fast, particularly the batsmen. I do not follow Australia cricket much but I can tell that Clarke might retire any time, Rogers and Haddin are 37, Voges must have done extremely well to be back in the scheme of things at 35. Some of the people I know who follow Australian domestic matches told me Peter Siddle is not good anymore as he once was while Watson might not be there in the team for long. So, basically almost half of the side might not be there next year so why do not your selectors pick up some youngsters so that they gain experience (yes, even against not so good WI team) so that they are ready to fit in the team when your regular players go?

Right now its not much of a issue for AUS to pick youngsters, it might become more of a focus after the AUS summer, since the older players right now are still playing well and places are secure. Only Watson is under real pressure from young M Marsh for the all-rounder spot, presuming the selectors don't feel both of them can play in the same test XI.

S

Satan666

It is definitely sad and cant blame the Australians, they've always held the WIndies in high esteem, recall Lloyd. Sobers and Lara have all been bestowed the Order of Australia, think Sachin is the only other outside of Australia.

I think there is still an attraction for WI cricket in Australia though and this is one of the better test sides the Windies have had in years so I expect a competitive series in the tests at the very least!

War

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies coach Phil Simmons has opened the door for Dwayne Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell and Kieron Pollard to return to the Test team, stating his intention to meet them on their return from the IPL.

Coach Simmons opens door for IPL quintet | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Smart. At least Bravo and Narine should be playing the tests. Windies need 5 bowlers to balance team properly and Bravo's presence gives them that. Now that Narine has no more issues with his action, he really has to play.

L Simmons also could be a useful squad option.

War

Chairman of Selectors

grkrama

National Board President
lol and i thought simmons was getting them together, the last thing WI want now is bowling coach and coach contradicting each other.

scratch that, basically he wants them to put effort in FC which is fair , and simmons would also expect that as these guys have been t20ised for long.

War

Chairman of Selectors
lol and i thought simmons was getting them together, the last thing WI want now is bowling coach and coach contradicting each other.

scratch that, basically he wants them to put effort in FC which is fair , and simmons would also expect that as these guys have been t20ised for long.

The reasoning of the great Ambrose makes no sense & it is same kind of positioning that led to Gayle getting banned for a year back in 2011, Narine missing NZ test series last year and why Bravo, Simmons, Pollard have walked away from test/first-class cricket.

Again one just has to look at how New Zealand deal with IPL player clashes with their stars to see where WICB keep failing on this issue. @Samuels @westindies2007

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
The reasoning of the great Ambrose makes no sense & it is same kind of positioning that led to Gayle getting banned for a year back in 2011, Narine missing NZ test series last year and why Bravo, Simmons, Pollard have walked away from test/first-class cricket.

Again one just has to look at how New Zealand deal with IPL player clashes with their stars to see where WICB keep failing on this issue. @Samuels @westindies2007

I do understand bout player cant walk back into de team. But We really need an Opener with Brathwaitee and at least another wicket taking bowler than J Taylor. As For holder, he is taking wicket, but kind of still poor.
and I still think V Permaul still need nuff work with as a spinner. Gab maybe fast but isnt taking wickets.

And i still Don't Favor the President of WI cricket, i still don't understand why he get back in after that incident against India, He should of been sack.
I do understand what Lloyd want to do, but Crap, how can ya Change a decent side 1 series before World Cup and put a new Captain who is finding his way in International Cricket to Captain the side.
These Just dont make sense.

I like P Simmons Move, he open the door and want to sit and meet with the player, Which should of been done by the WICB. Few year ago i had favour WICB with de seniors not pulling they weight , now i realise how poor WICB management is.

I was Happy to see Simmon open the Door, adding 3 player from IPL player i would like in the Test against Australia. L Simmon, DJ BRavo and S Narine (i hope he sort out his action) I think we can put up a fight.

As for Chanderpaul I think he should plan his retirement at the end of Australia Series and try to go out with a bang. But i dont agree how them what to treat him. Let him do the retiring.

Users who are viewing this thread