Veerasammy Permaul
Kemar Roach
Marlon Samuels
Jerome Taylor

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Young Windies have no choice but to move on from Shiv | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Coach Simmons has all but confirmed his sane approach to dealing with the IPL players going forward in the pre game interview today:

"There is another reason for the young team personified by Holder to look as far forward as possible without too much rancour over Chanderpaul. It is well known that Simmons has re-opened lines of communication with the region's bevy of IPL players, meaning the West Indies team may soon be as competitively stacked for places in the Test XI as at any time since the first Indian Twenty20 tournament in 2008."

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Young Windies have no choice but to move on from Shiv | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Coach Simmons has all but confirmed his sane approach to dealing with the IPL players going forward in the pre game interview today:

"There is another reason for the young team personified by Holder to look as far forward as possible without too much rancour over Chanderpaul. It is well known that Simmons has re-opened lines of communication with the region's bevy of IPL players, meaning the West Indies team may soon be as competitively stacked for places in the Test XI as at any time since the first Indian Twenty20 tournament in 2008."

Interesting Interview by Simmons.

Lets see how far these youngster can go. Going to a rough Series against Australia.
Hoping for the best and just wishing this Young team all the Best, despite i may have a few issue with the line up, but the way i see Simmons talking in this interview, he seem he really want to and care about all the Players in WI. like he say he cant force the player to do anything, just want to know what thier view is on WI Cricket. Its something which i really don't think we had in WI for a while, Many just jump to conclusion and telling player to pick one IPL or WI. Some one really to interact with all the players and i think Simmon can do a good job going forward, just what to see how all of this go as we Head in to the Australia Series and Beyond .

cricketmad09

International Coach
Pretty ordinary decision to get rid of Chanderpaul. Even if his recent form hasn't been great it's not as though there's any half decent talent waiting to come in. Guys averaging mid 20s in first class cricket are a better option? Absolute pelicans. Also Chanderpaul's work ethic sets an example for all the other guys on the team. If WI players had the same work ethic and determination as Chanderpaul does they'd be one of the best teams in the world.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Australia looking firmly in control here even with the two Mitchell's yet to find their rhythm. Really impressed by Hazlewood so far, haven't seen much of him before, very disciplined bowling.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty ordinary decision to get rid of Chanderpaul. Even if his recent form hasn't been great it's not as though there's any half decent talent waiting to come in. Guys averaging mid 20s in first class cricket are a better option? Absolute pelicans. Also Chanderpaul's work ethic sets an example for all the other guys on the team. If WI players had the same work ethic and determination as Chanderpaul does they'd be one of the best teams in the world.

No dropping C'Paul was right. If the WICB and selectors had made a greater effort to get their IPL players Gayle, Bravo, Simmons, Narine specially into test squad instead of Dorwich, Hope, Chandrika, Permaul - they would have better off ATM.

Imagine if Narine was playing right now - its very conceivable the way Bishoo was bowling, a Bishoo/Narine combo on this wicket might have caused AUS similar headaches to what Babar/Shah caused in UAE last year.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Loved watching that last wicket partnership between Voges and Hazelwood but the West Indies were absolutely shocking.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a collapse by the West Indies yesterday. Mitchell Starc clearing up the tail with ease.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
What a collapse by the West Indies yesterday. Mitchell Starc clearing up the tail with ease.

England could learn a thing or two there. Going to be interesting to see who the Aussies pick for the Ashes first test between Starc and Hazelwood. Would Lehman be tempted to drop Watson to accommodate the pair of them? I certainly would, as they can both bat a bit.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
From what little I saw of the test, it looked the Windies bowlers had gotten their team back into it, only to let the Aussies off the hook. It's such a shame that the Windies show such little improvement from match to match, series to series and year to year.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Really excited about Hazlewood and Starc. Hope they form the backbone of Australia's attack for the next decade.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Australia dominated in 1st Test... Hoping West Indies give good fight in 2nd one...

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why was Bishoo dropped? He was the only decent bowler in the first test. Ramdin for me needs to get some form. Would drop him for some young gun. My Windies team would be:

K Braithwate (My favourite player ATM)
S Hope or some young talent.
D Bravo (The good one)
M Samuels
S Chanderpaul
S Dorwich +
Blackwood
J Holder *
Bishoo
Taylor
Roach/ 2nd spinner

Not the most freightning team I've seen but could do a job.

Users who are viewing this thread