South African Tour of the West Indies, May-June 2010

WestIndian

vBookie Team
South Africa will remain in the west Indies after the ICC World Cup Twenty20, for a tour consisting of: 2 T20, 5 ODIs and 3 Test. It also marks the return of International cricket at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua after the abandoned Test match 14 months ago!! 2 ODIs will be played on my home Island of Dominica, which saw international cricket for the first time when a second XI took on Bangladesh for 2 ODIs in July 2009, it was a bad baptism for the new Windsor Park Stadium, this time around we are looking for better results with a full strength West Indies team!!

Wed May 19
1st T20I - West Indies v South Africa
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Thu May 20
2nd T20I - West Indies v South Africa

Sat May 22
1st ODI - West Indies v South Africa

Mon May 24
2nd ODI - West Indies v South Africa

Fri May 28

3rd ODI - West Indies v South Africa
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

Sun May 30
4th ODI - West Indies v South Africa
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

Thu Jun 3
5th ODI - West Indies v South Africa
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Thu Jun 10 - Mon Jun 14
1st Test - West Indies v South Africa
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Fri Jun 18 - Tue Jun 22

2nd Test - West Indies v South Africa
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Sat Jun 26 - Wed Jun 30
3rd Test - West Indies v South Africa
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

West Indies have selected the same squad that participated in the ICC Twenty20 World Cup, with one exception, Wavell Hinds was dropped, the selected squad will play the 2 T20 and first 2 ODIs in Antigua. One timely inclusion is that Dwayne Bravo was appointed vice-captain to Gayle!

West Indies squad:

Chris Gayle (capt)
Dwayne Bravo (vice-captain)

Andre Fletcher
Darren Sammy
Denesh Ramdin (wk)
Jerome Taylor
Kemar Roach
Kieron Pollard
Narsingh Deonarine
Nikita Miller
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Ravi Rampaul
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Sulieman Benn

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Best Test XI's:

WI:

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Nash
Bravo
Ramdin
Taylor
Miller/Benn
Roach
Tonge

SA:

Smith
Petersen
Amla
Kallis
AB
Prince
Boucher
McLaren
Steyn
Morkel
Harris

Disappointing that Edwards & De Wet are injured for this tour.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Looks like a very good tour coming up, disappointing that Albie hasn't made the ODI side.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I feel WestIndies Cricket coming up from this tour.

stefan

International Coach
Best Test XI's:

WI:

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Nash
Bravo
Ramdin
Taylor
Miller/Benn
Roach
Tonge

SA:

Smith
Petersen
Amla
Kallis
AB
Prince
Boucher
McLaren
Steyn
Morkel
Harris

Disappointing that Edwards & De Wet are injured for this tour.

Don't agree with you on the SA one. Parnell is still the better player compared to mcclaren. If fit he will play.

Looking forward to the test part of the tour. Don't really see the point of another two t20's.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Don't agree with you on the SA one. Parnell is still the better player compared to mcclaren. If fit he will play.

Looking forward to the test part of the tour. Don't really see the point of another two t20's.

Not convinced about Parnell as a test match bowler seeing him so far vs ENG & IND. Mclaren seem a more finished article for test cricket at this stage. Looks like the type of bowler who will bring some control to procedings - which would be good backup to the Steyn/Morkel new ball combo, until De Wet returns.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Nice, more cricket in American time zones! Exams will be over too so all I will be doing is watching this series!

War

Chairman of Selectors
It will probably be Rampaul as that 3rd pace bowler.

Tht wouldn't be wise i'd say. Rampaul really looks crappy ATM. Tonge really impressed me in Australia & in the Champions trophy last year. Looks a test bowler.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Tht wouldn't be wise i'd say. Rampaul really looks crappy ATM. Tonge really impressed me in Australia & in the Champions trophy last year. Looks a test bowler.

I would prefer Tonge too but I'm thinking that someone prefers Rampaul in the team. Maybe that was when David Williams was the coach and both of them being Trini boys might have had something to do with it. Tonge was selected for the ODIs in the Aussie tour and never even got a match, to be fair Rampaul did bowl well in that series.
Tonge did well in his first game for West Indies A, picking up 3wickets against South Africa.

stefan

International Coach
Not convinced about Parnell as a test match bowler seeing him so far vs ENG & IND. Mclaren seem a more finished article for test cricket at this stage. Looks like the type of bowler who will bring some control to procedings - which would be good backup to the Steyn/Morkel new ball combo, until De Wet returns.

That's harris and kallis job. Parnell offers variety, mcclaren doesn't offer anything as a bowler than kallis doesn't.

The selectors will stick with parnell especially seeing as he adds a more than a decent batting option at 8.

Also wouldn't be so sure of de wet getting back in the side.

Users who are viewing this thread