South African Tour of the West Indies, May-June 2010

WestIndian

vBookie Team

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So next time a West Indian is bowled and someone has a reaction like Watson did with Gayle the West Indian can just turn around and spit at his feet. Sounds about fair to me.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
So next time a West Indian is bowled and someone has a reaction like Watson did with Gayle the West Indian can just turn around and spit at his feet. Sounds about fair to me.

I agree we tend to sit in at our laptops and PCs and say plenty, but the history as told by Viv, Holding (still can't stand him) and many others shows the kind of attitude West Indians have gotten in the past and not much has changed!!!

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Rabs, you're telling me that Roach didn't deserve any punishment? The umpires repeatedly told him to go bowl, and he's coming back to Kallis and still talking crap - not once, not twice, but on several occasions. Talking crap (as inappropriate as it was given the match situation) is one thing, but he overdid it unnecessarily - I mean he walks away and goes back to bowl, and then comes back to Kallis again before going back to his bowling mark.

Completely ridiculous.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Rabs, you're telling me that Roach didn't deserve any punishment? The umpires repeatedly told him to go bowl, and he's coming back to Kallis and still talking crap - not once, not twice, but on several occasions. Talking crap (as inappropriate as it was given the match situation) is one thing, but he overdid it unnecessarily - I mean he walks away and goes back to bowl, and then comes back to Kallis again before going back to his bowling mark.

Completely ridiculous.

As you can see in the video he is about to walk away or is walking away when something is obviously said by Kallis which makes Roach turn around quickly and start going at him even more. Not once but twice.

The problem is not with the fine that Roach got its what he got for what he did and what Steyn got for what he did. Steyn spits at a guy and gets 100% fee and Roach sledges/has a verbal spat with Kallis and he gets 50% match fee. Thats fair to you?
Spitting at someones feet is a huge insult at least where I am from and I know that Cozier said the same thing on air. How are these infractions so similar that they get almost the same punishment. Steyn deserved way more then that, way more.
And the funny thing is Roach plead guilty if he had not he would have probably received a ban for one test or two ODIs. It takes two to have a argument, where is Kallis in all this?

WestIndian

vBookie Team

Completely ridiculous.

You this is my point, we sit in the comfort of our spots watching the game and hears nothing!!! No one knew what ticked off McGrath that day when he wanted to kill Sarwan, but some of us did learn later what was said, sadly Glenn initiated the issue. So am not going to say what was wrong or right, what I want the officials to be is fair, we get bats in our faces and then we get banned, we get spat next to our feet and guys walks away with "no match fees" that is Completely Ridiculous!!!

Insomniac

Title Recipient
You this is my point, we sit in the comfort of our spots watching the game and hears nothing!!! No one knew what ticked off McGrath that day when he wanted to kill Sarwan, but some of us did learn later what was said, sadly Glenn initiated the issue. So am not going to say what was wrong or right, what I want the officials to be is fair, we get bats in our faces and then we get banned, we get spat next to our feet and guys walks away with "no match fees" that is Completely Ridiculous!!!
I haven't said anything about the Australians not getting banned / fined - we've had similar injustices done to us as Pakistani fans as well.

But 2 wrongs don't make a right. And in the end, pulling the race card (as legit as it may be) solves nothing. You have to use facts, such as previous incidents, to fight such injustice.

As far as Kallis is concerned, we don't know what he said. What I THINK he said was well bowled, and then Roach went ballistic over that. The other thing is, undeniably, Roach looks like he is in the wrong in all this - it doesn't look good for him. At the end, it was obvious he was avoiding Kallis, and even when shaking hands they got into it again.

If Kallis had said something to Roach, then surely Roach would have mentioned it in his meeting with the umpires and match referee. Then from there, we would have to proceed.

I know what Sarwan said to McGrath, but to be honest he deserved what he got - he set himself up with that. Were there any punishments for that game out of curiosity?

stefan

International Coach
Steyn was totally wrong and deserved at least a one match ban but this had been building all tour. They have had their confrontations even in the t20's and odi's.

Don't think its coincidence that ben is always at the centre of these incidents.

Users who are viewing this thread