Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
"When Shahadat [Hossain] and [Mohammad] Ashraful were batting we may have got slightly relaxed. They had made batting look easy. We were laughing and chatting in the dressing room and somewhere, at some point, we relaxed and we were not thinking about the game as much as we should have done."

and that explains the 1st ball 6 Shakib. wtf were you thinking...oh thats right you werent. "it was there to be hit" both Shakib and Tamim said that. well duh, they want you to hit, so you play it in the air and get out..

you werent facing WI 2nd XI this time. you cant always go in there and hit...

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
and that explains the 1st ball 6 Shakib. wtf were you thinking...oh thats right you werent. "it was there to be hit" both Shakib and Tamim said that. well duh, they want you to hit, so you play it in the air and get out..

you werent facing WI 2nd XI this time. you cant always go in there and hit...

Well that is the issue with Bangladesh, they are young and inexperienced. Other teams would still be chewing their nails because their team is still in a deep hole but Bangladesh thought they were safe because a tailender and their worst batsman put on a 50+ partnership. In time they will learn, the team is getting older and better. There were almost as many positives in this test series as there were negatives. The tour of New Zealand should be a good test for the team, it just sucks that there is only one test being played (wtf?). If the majority of these young players can keep improving then Bangladesh have a good core for the future. Shakib, Shahadat, Tamim, Mahmudullah and Mortaza if he can stay healthy. Shafiul also surprised me in this last test, good speed and fairly accurate, good bouncer too.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
for me the gain of the series is Riyad and Shahadat. i never hated Shahadat, but after this tour he impress every 1 i am sure. He showed it with the ball and with the bat. Shows how much he tried. He faced more deliveries all together then Ashafool in these last 2 test

and captaincy is getting to Shakib. even though, he stood up for the team... (and i am just gonna quote here...)
It was a sad way to end the series for Shakib, who has been dignity personified through out. He did not react emotionally to Virender Sehwag's statements, he stood up for his team when he perceived that the BCB president was making unreasonable allegations, he did not wash dirty linen in public and supported his team-mates. In the end he must have felt very alone out there.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Shakib is the gem Bangladesh has been waiting for. A cricket 'Napoleon' if you like :p

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Have to say I'm impressed. Two tests against the world's #9 team, and there are over 1000 posts in this thread.

Test cricket is alive and well in India ;)

We should call this thread the 'Ian Whitchurch'

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
or ... 'Ordinary'

*flashbacks* damn, now it all seems so quick ..feels like.. yesterday

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The problem with Bangla is they can't play the waiting game. They will go out and hit every ball and thats what did them in. Like Shakib said,they tend to relax and that was quite evident in the way they batted out there. 400 was there for the taking.
A win would have been difficult, however they could have atleast shown some more spirit.

Have to say I'm impressed. Two tests against the world's #9 team, and there are over 1000 posts in this thread.

Test cricket is alive and well in India ;)

We should call this thread the 'Ian Whitchurch'

This was aided a lot by some 'ordinary' comments from our stand-in skipper.

StickyWicket

Club Cricketer
History will remember this series for Tendulkar's 13,000th run.

Or maybe a successful 4th innings overseas run chase by India in the second test ? :D

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Harsha Bhogle: The future looks rosy for Bangladesh | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

This guy very rarely comments on Bangladesh. He isnt a big fan, nor a big basher of our cricket, but when he does comment, he does it better then those British writers, "i dont know much about them, but i am just gonna run through some cricinfo stats, and start blind shitting myself". I was never a big fan of Bhogle's writing, because he gets too fancy and makes no sense to me. But what i do like is, when i read his stuff, i could hear it. I could hear "i am trying to hide my accent" voice. I just like his commentary. He sounds like he knows what he is talking about. And rather then mentioning what's going on the screen, he actually mentions why it's happening... what made the batsman play such shot or why the captain putting a fielder there...

They now need three things to happen: Mashrafe Mortaza to return, a solid batsman at No. 3 and their sports minister to stay away from cricketing judgement.

or also forcing them to apologize

khalek

Panel of Selectors
So true Harsha, especially batting problem @ no.3 position.

Siddique, Nafees, Ash have all failed at that position and I am sure guys like Raqibul will fail as well so we really need a good solid player in that position.

And Imrul Kayes and Pace Sensation must retire from all forms of the game.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
More Indian players were injured in this series than both IPL's combined. :p

Users who are viewing this thread