Batting difficulties

a10puddles

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have noticed that different computers restrict the number of shots I can hit on the first demo. Have you noted the same thing? Anyone?

On my desktop (P4 1.4G), I am unable to hit any shots to the slips. If I use the down and right buttons the batsman simply stands there and holds the bat in the air.

Next, on my friend's computer (P3 900Mhz), he is even unable to hit a sweep shot. When he hits down and left, he gets the same unanimated response. No shot.

Finally, on my laptop (P3 700Mhz w/8mb graphics card--not very good), I have the graphics set on low detail because of the huge frame loss. The players are all very jerky and not nearly as smooth as on my desktop. Anyway, I can hit all the shots on this computer with a USB keyboard attached. I can hit to the slips (down/right) with both the front and back foot.

Does anyone have an idea why this is different on all three of these computers?

Peace.
Puddles

pachino

School Cricketer
Hi puddles i have the same problems but i can hit some shots but not all. I can hit the pull shot , the sweep shot, the square cut but i can't the hit the on drive and the extra cover drive off the back foot. The demo it seems has limited me to just three shots which does not help especially when the bowler is bowling 3 yorkers in an over. I dont know how to solve this problem. Can anyone help?.

a10puddles

School Cricketer
Yes, the sweep works 100% of the time against the Yorkers. However, the issue still stands that different installations on different computers only allow SOME of the shots. Why can I play shots on my laptop that I can't on my desktop?

Anyone have any ideas?

Peace.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
this is really strange and stupid....on my computer{p3 733,810e,64mb} i can play most of the shots but no sweep with left handers.Earlier i thought there was some problem with my timing but that was unlikely given that i could time all the other shots perfectly.But on seeing all these posts i think there is some problem with the game itself{not with my timing}.

Edited By ritwikgames on June 02 2002 at 22:33

a10puddles

School Cricketer
It seems to react differently on different computers. I am only playing the three-over demo that came out first. No patches or changes. It's the same on all three computers and all three computers allow different shots.

Very strange indeed.

Peace.

A

Anonymous

I have not much problem.I can hit every shot and get to a total of above 280 everytime in 50 overs for 3 or 4 wickets.Only my problem is that I can play sweep with lefthanders but not with right handers.The bat is simply risen to leave the ball.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
some people can't sweep with righties,some can't pull the ball and some can't sweep with lefties.I really am thinking of postponing buying this game until a patch is released which will hopefully fix these problems{as i am sure the full game won't fix them}.Only problem is that patches seem to create just as much trouble as the bugs they fix.

Cheers.

Edited By ritwikgames on June 02 2002 at 23:09

a10puddles

School Cricketer
I'm glad (or is it disappointed) to see that I am not the only one having these problems with the demo.

I can't imagine what would cause some shots to not be played on some computers and all the shots to be played on others.

Can you hit all the shots with the power button (0) held down? I've also noticed that a few shots won't work if I hold down the power button. In fact, my keyboard started beeping when I held down a couple of direction buttons, the power button and the back-foot button. Guess that means that it's overloaded.

Hope that someone from EA or someone on this forum has an idea of what is behind this issue.

As for waiting to buy the game, it's not going to be released here in the US so I will wait for a copy on EBAY anyway. That may be a while......

Peace.
Puddles

varun05

Club Cricketer
hi guys!!!

i also had that problem on my desktop

but when i installed the game on my laptop and changed the keys(as can't play comfortably with the original keys on the laptop), i was able to play all the shots with both left and right handed batsman.

so guys u can try changing the keys.

my allocation of keys : arrow keys for front/back foot run/cancel run. and for direction i use z,x,c,s,! boost is space bar.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
i always play with edited keys....i never play with the default keyboard map that came with the demo.

yaju

School Cricketer
I have a 101 key keyboard. When I use the Numberpad keys there are problems. But they vanish when I use the alphabetic one. I have Llama's loader 2.

a10puddles

School Cricketer
Hi guys.

I'm using a USB keyboard with my laptop and using the standard buttons. I've found them much easier to use than BLC's buttons. However, I still can't figure out why some computers won't allow some shots.

I guess that's just the way it is.

Peace.
Puddles

A

Anonymous

As far as my computer is concerned i think i m able to play every shot which is listed in read me file by ea sports.I m able to play sweep shots from both sides but yes there is one shot which is different in second demo when i try to cut a ball to third man.

Users who are viewing this thread