Be serously!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Andrew has a good point in that gay is associated with a bad connation, but he is in the minority, because the majority still have that prevailing attitude that will take a lot more effort and time to be changed.. But the question is does it need to be changed or can it be changed? I think it is impossible to change these views, because of religion, Christianity and Islam both condemn homosexuality and because the majority of the people in the world do belong to these two religions, it is impossible for their views to change.. So we just have to live with things like these, they will always exist just like racism..

fanirama

Club Captain
cheaterr said:
omg I aint the only one you know. 90% of people who grew up in America will call something bad gay...just calm down man. I wasn't grown up in England you know, I was grown up here and over here if something is bad we most likely call it gay

Dude. This is totally incorrect. I went to school in America. I don't think a lot of people equate bad to gay. ( at least not people I know ). This is not only a misinformed opinion but a dangerous one to post.
I agree with barymarmy on his post. He's spot on.

Freedom of speech is a right but people should treat it like a privilege. If you said some of such things in certain countries, you'd go to jail. You should be proud that some countries give you such a high freedom of speech. Its our duty to not abuse it.
Also, not everyone has sex after school in this country. This is again, generalizing a popular belief here. I think generalizing and presenting such social opinions are dangerous and creates an atmosphere of hatred and mistrust.

Anyways, on the whole, in my opinion I think this has gone far enough and someone should consider closing this thread.

pal

International Coach
nah, there's no reason to close the thread when a good, constructive argument is going on, when people start the name-calling and labeling, that's the time to quit..

fanirama

Club Captain
I think the name calling has already begun. Someone has called someone else a bigot and someone else is leaving the forum.....

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We have considered closing the thread but are happy to leave it open for the time being provided the content is simular to the excellent last few posts (and I'm not saying that because fanirama said something nice about me :p)

themuel1

International Coach
pal said:
Andrew has a good point in that gay is associated with a bad connation, but he is in the minority, because the majority still have that prevailing attitude that will take a lot more effort and time to be changed.. But the question is does it need to be changed or can it be changed? I think it is impossible to change these views, because of religion, Christianity and Islam both condemn homosexuality and because the majority of the people in the world do belong to these two religions, it is impossible for their views to change.. So we just have to live with things like these, they will always exist just like racism..

Very true, there will always be discrimination whether it be racism, sex or sexuality, no matter what people do to try and stop it it will always be there.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Listen I dont apprreciat some one who is Gay Neither does The whole world,I dont mind I If I am being Rude,I personally As a muslim Think The marriage should be between women and men.

I dont like gay people,You can call me anything you want,Go ahead.But Please Administrators dont take This post seriouse,I am just expressing my opnion(Ste)

pal

International Coach
This is exactly what i mean, as long as religion condemns homosexuality, the majority's view will always prevail and can't be changed, so it will stay along with the other kinds of discrimination that themuel1 mentioned..

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
pal said:
This is exactly what i mean, as long as religion condemns homosexuality, the majority's view will always prevail and can't be changed, so it will stay along with the other kinds of discrimination that themuel1 mentioned..

There wasnt sucha thing as gay when you look back In times,It is making The Americans Change The rules which Was made By the history makers,They have to make a new amdment(spelling)for The gay marriage,George bush is againts gay marriage and So Am I,

It doesn't matter If I am muslim,christion,jew,catholic,etc,People Are disgusting,Supporting gay marriage,What If your child grow up being a gay person What would you?

I am happy by The fact That people use "gay" as a word to describe bad words or bad people,If this thing continues Then sucha Thing As "gay" will be terminated.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I totally agree with Sailesh
Homosexuality is against almost all religions including Hinduism.
If ur an atheist then no probs.

Andrew said that apes are homosexual.So what,we are not apes.we are humans,we have an extra sense than them.

What's the use in homo.. u can't have a child.

One more thing I'd like to say:
offtopic.gif

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
fardin said:
There wasnt sucha thing as gay when you look back In times

You what? Ancient Greece anyone? Ethnography is repleat with examples. It's only the last 2000 years where it has been seen by many as wrong and largely because of religion.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
bharat said:
Andrew said that apes are homosexual.So what,we are not apes.
Actually, we are apes.

fardin said:
What If your child grow up being a gay person What would you?
I'd rather my child grew up gay, than have narrow-minded bigotted views like certain people on this forum.

[QUOTE-fardin]I am happy by The fact That people use "gay" as a word to describe bad words or bad people,If this thing continues Then sucha Thing As "gay" will be terminated.[/QUOTE]
Gay will be terminated? That's about as stupid as saying that blue eyes will be terminated. People are BORN GAY!

bharat said:
Homosexuality is against almost all religions including Hinduism.
So? If you don't want gays in your religion, that's fine. But why should you be able to force your views onto society as a whole?

bharat said:
What's the use in homo.. u can't have a child.
OK........ what's the use in menopausal women, they can't have a child. What's the use in a man who's had testicular cancer and has had his testicles removed, they can't have a child. What's the use in a woman who has had a hysterectomy (sp?), they can't have a child.

Listen, if you don't like gay marriage for religous reasons, fair enough. But this does not mean you have to condemn a significant proportion of the human race to lives as second class citizens simply due to an accident of birth. Remember, we don't have to go too far back in our history to find a point where black people were considered to be second class citizens. In fact most of the arguments being used against gay marriage were also being used as arguments against inter-racial marriage back in the bad old days. Just imagine how you'd feel if people introduced a law that said it was illegal to be a Muslim. Or a law that said Hindus can't get married.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
ok..ok..do whatever u want.
u can't also force ur view on the society that gay is correct.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
bharat said:
ok..ok..do whatever u want.
u can't also force ur view on the society that gay is correct.
Most societies saw nothing wrong with homosexuality before religion came along. Who's doing the forcing of views then? Homosexuality is perfectly natural for anyone who is homosexual, so who is going against nature?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
andrwe_nixon said:
have no wish to be assoicated with a forum where bigots like you are accepted as staff members. Expect this to be my last post in the forum.

What happened - just cannot keep away ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread