Best bowling combination

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who do you reckon forms the best bowling combination in the tournament?

For mine it's the Australian pace bowling treble. Just that sheer pace, combined with accuracy would be almost impossible to face without diapers. Plus some good spin to back it up, and Shane Watson's swinging medium pacers.

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have been cruelled by injury, as they easily had the best before. Gul, Asif and Aamer would be a lethal combo. They probably have the best spin combo, in Ajmal and Afridi, who are both usually very economical and accurate.

Sri Lanka will miss Murali, as Mendis and the great man were a pretty damn tricky spin bowling combo. However, I think Mendis combines well with Malinga as well. Both are very diverse and random, and also very accurate which would make them very confusing to face.

Steyn and Morkel also combine very well. India's Chawla and Singh go well.

Your thoughts?

Num

Club Cricketer
At the moment for me, it would have to be between Australia and Pakistan but if Harris is included in the Australian bowling line up to make it a pace quartet, I'd have to say Australia.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
The Aussie quicks are lethal.
I think Bond and McCullum can be very effective opening the bowling but Bond needs to be a little tighter at the start. Also Vettori and McCullum later on can be one of the better spinning combos.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Who do you drop though? Tait and Nannes are lethal in T20's and Johnson bowled decently against Pakistan. The only option would be to go with no spinner and bring Harris or Dougeh in for Smith. Doing that though you lose Smith's exceptional fielding, and he does seem to be developing as a leg-spinner nicely. I'd stick with the attack they had out against Pakistan personally.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Though Australia and Pakistan has lethal attack, my vote goes to Sri Lanka. Lasith Malinga is the b est bowler in T20s. Adding to that, Angelo Matthews and Sanath Jayasuriya are proving as good all-rounders. Muralitharan and Mendis has enough in their fingers to bowl out the opponent in West Indian turning tracks. Dilshan too can turn off-breaks. Overall, superb combination.

:banana2

War

Chairman of Selectors
If AUS play 4 seamers they would have the best. But until they do the Kiwis have the best all-round attack currently.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan's bowling looks quite good on papers but they haven't shown much in two matches. Team is missing Gul pretty badly I guess and also spin bowlers are not up to there mark.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On the slow pitches where the Kiwis are playing they have a very good all-round attack, with McCullum and Vettori bowling very well, especially McCullum, Bond as their pace spearhead, Southee drying up the runs in the death and Styris and Oram bowling their medium pacers which are proving hard to get away.

On paper though you would think the Australian seamers are the best bowling attack. But their spin is horrible.

Num

Club Cricketer
On the slow pitches where the Kiwis are playing they have a very good all-round attack, with McCullum and Vettori bowling very well, especially McCullum, Bond as their pace spearhead, Southee drying up the runs in the death and Styris and Oram bowling their medium pacers which are proving hard to get away.

On paper though you would think the Australian seamers are the best bowling attack. But their spin is horrible.

I wouldn't say Australia's spin attack is horrible. Clarke and DHussey are underrated T20 spinners in my opinion, plus Australia has Smith. I want to see Warner bowl some of his legspinners.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I want to see Warner bowl some of his legspinners.
I'm surprised he hasn't bowled yet actually. I'd love to see him roll down a few left armers and then switch to his right arm in the middle of an over :laugh

TumTum

International Cricketer
I'd love to see him roll down a few left armers and then switch to his right arm in the middle of an over :laugh

I did something like that, I wanted to show off when I was bowling so I decided to switch the ball between my hands in my run up, then I lost control and almost fumbled it, made a leap forward to catch it and then I bowled :laugh freakiest run up ever.

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
from my point of view 17 year old George Dockrell of ireland did an impressive job so far

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I did something like that, I wanted to show off when I was bowling so I decided to switch the ball between my hands in my run up, then I lost control and almost fumbled it, made a leap forward to catch it and then I bowled :laugh freakiest run up ever.
the south african sybrand englebrecht can do a bit of that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread